Rhys Turner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a mate who is county fan (only missed about 10 games in the last 5 years and I do trust his judgement)

"Head and shoulders the best player we have had for a while, very quick - knows where the net is. Has something about him. Whether he can jump straight into your team I'm not 100%, but playing with better players I'm sure he will be at least a league one striker"

"I bet you got him for a bag of frazzels too"

Just done the same thing with the County at work.

haven't got anything to direct quote as I spoke to him, but the gist was that he's very pacey, and has surprising composure in front of goal for his age. He's been played out wide - to use his pace really - this season, and has still got 5 or so goals fro them.

Said he doubts he's ready for 1st team straight away, but with better facilities (I laughed at that!) and better coaching, and working with better players in training, he would think he'll develop nicely.

So - at the least, we've got another development project to work on; who could well grow into a decent player for us. And for this season, we have an option, should LJ wish, to throw a lad on during the late stages of games, who has pace to burn & can run at tired defenders; and see what happens?

*for the youth team*

If he knows where the net his he has half a chance compared the rest of the team who can't seem to get a shot on target.

I can see him being on the bench on Saturday and hopefully he'll want to work hard and secure a regular first team place

This sounds like a top class signing, love how we as a club are actually starting to build with the future in mind as well. Clubs like Peterborough, Coventry etc are constantly signing players from the lower leagues and building for the future. Don't understand why some are negative about these type of signings?! Good move.

I've got a mate who is linked with county & when I texted him to ask if the lad's any good, he replied.

"Yes. F###ers. I'm going to text our CEO to make sure you've f###ing paid for him too. At least 100k I reckon."

That said, he is a couple of divisions below us.

Good luck to him. He was clearly too good for our level.

I was worried when he got injured that we'd struggle for goals, but Lordy has changed things round a bit and we're doing fine without him.

I don't agree that he was 'too good'. Promising IMO but nothing more than that.

He'd previously expressed a desire to go full time, which is something we couldn't offer him.

He's raw as evidenced by his control, one moment superb then totally absent. Good luck to the lad.

It's no surprise how he was ever playing for us is beyond belief will have a great career if he keeps his feet on the ground. He produced some great goals this season glad we got to watch him a little bit. He will certainly be the best player we have had for the next few years at least

S***. I haven't gone much this year...lol.gif He was one of the few reasons I could think of for going.

No surprise, still disappointing. We all know we got peanuts for him.

OUCH !

Edited by jsslatic