Rhys Turner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume (and hope) that another striker is on the cards. And a centre half, possibly on loan, if Tarky leaves. I think we can have one more loan signing and still include them all in the match day squad.

Turner scored 6 goals in 14 starts this season. I assume he was under contract so a fee would be owed.

This is what the manchester evening news reported last year

County assistant boss Alan Lord believes the club has unearthed another gem with the arrival of striker Rhys Turner.

The 17-year-old signed on at Edgeley Park last week after a season in which he netted 63 goals for Myerscough College and the England College teams.

Hatters boss Ian Bogie snapped up Turner on the recommendation of Lord and Myerscough coach Phil Brown, both of whom have worked with the youngster over the last two seasons.

Indeed, Lord is so excited at Turners potential that he believes he can emulate one particular County old boy.

Rhys is different class, hes something special, Lord enthused about the arrival.

Hes a striker with blistering pace and an arrogance that, when he gets in the final third, he only sees it as him versus the keeper.

Hes a goalscoring machine; Ive brought a lot of players into Stockport County through the years but I cant honestly think of anyone whos better than him.

Im including Anthony Pilkington (Norwich City) in that and thats how far I think he will go.

I had Anthony at the same age and cant see any difference between them; thats how highly I rate Rhys.

Fans group Help the Hatters have done their bit by funding Turners salary.

That agreement sees the organisation receive a refund of all monies paid as well as a bonus should Turner be sold.

First things first though as Turner faces a battle with the likes of Phil Jevons, Kristian Dennis and Brandon Windsor for a starting spot.

Should he usurp any of those players and become a regular starter, then Lord feels he will excite the Hatters supporters.

The manager is putting together a tidy squad in the forward line in particular where we have some decent players competing for places, he said.

Rhys is a young boy but, when he gets his chance, he has a steely mentality.

He might only be 17 but hes clever and string willed; put it this way, once he gets his chance, someone is going to be very good to get it back off him.

A pacey hungry striker. Sounds good to me

I scored 62 goals from Midfield in 1998/99 season in the Bury & Radcliffe Sunday League playing for Oldham Royals (a break off from Boundary Park Juniors)....

Where do i sign :shakeit:

I think that was the season I scored 1 goal from left back for Chaddy Youth. We won a cup that year as well, which shows I have experience of winning. I've already got a pen, Simon...

I assume if things work out he will be offered a longer contract this summer. Don't hold your breath for another signing today! LJ is looking forward confident, I assume, that the squad we have is only going to take us in one direction now.

Down...

From a mate who is county fan (only missed about 10 games in the last 5 years and I do trust his judgement)

"Head and shoulders the best player we have had for a while, very quick - knows where the net is. Has something about him. Whether he can jump straight into your team I'm not 100%, but playing with better players I'm sure he will be at least a league one striker"

"I bet you got him for a bag of frazzels too"

Edited by pukka