Man City v Fulham yoof match at Boundary Park

Just what we need, a born goal poacher, I'm sure we can fend off Barcelona and Real Madrid and persuade him his future lies at BP. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

You'd think Latics would announce it on the official website, especially as there's not one news item so far today.

Followed by 5 pages of outrage on here that we are promoting another team... Latics fans will go to this game and start supporting City etc.

Presumably we have done City a favour as they were struggling to find a venue and possibly made ourselves a few quid in the process. It must be a positive thing that the pitch is in such good condition that City are asking to borrrow it. We could be hosting Crawley's home games by the end of the month ;-)

City lose 3-1.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match%20reports/2014/February/City%20v%20Fulham%20FA%20Youth%20Cup

Plenty of effort, but was expecting more quality from City, Fulham played some decent football, the one that stood out for me was the 6' 4" Fulham centre back Cameron Burgess, one to bear in mind if Latics are looking for another defensive loanee.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/the-teams/u18s/player-profiles/cameron-burgess

Edited by BP1960

if we manage to redevelop BP to a decent standard, would people object to us hosting the RL Challenge Cup Semi-Final?

The latest I heard was that the main stand would not be replaced just refurbished. So with 13000 capacity no chance.

The latest I heard was that the main stand would not be replaced just refurbished. So with 13000 capacity no chance.

Halliwell Jones, which has held a few RLCC SF is 15,200, not exactly a big step up. Think the Salford/Sale stadium held a SF last year, that's only as big as BP is now, and most of it is standing.

BP is often roughly equidistant between some of the Yorkshire clubs and the likes of Wigan/St Helens.

A problem with us hosting Rugby League is the pitch is not quite long enough.