The shitstorm

I've seen latics fans fight each other, I've seen latics fans have slanging matches. I've seen latics up and down the country for years.

Yesterday was without doubt the most toxic away game I've been to. It might be because the people around me had had a skinful before the game but the sheer bad language, the jibes at each other and the players, and the fans restraining their friends from smacking a fellow latics fan was shocking.

Like I say, pay your money and have a go but christ, draw a line.

It's only football.

Where you at Port Vale? That was a hell of a lot worse.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was and funnily enough didn't experience it there, I was sat well out of the way at one side though...

It was vile. Boos ringing out, fans arguing amongst one another. I left swiftly yesterday as I wanted to get the early train back but I didn't think the atmosphere was negative. It's a footballers job to take the bad with the good, they can't expect a positive response after a performance like that.

I'd forgotten that this time last year the position was very similar!

20th: Played 37 W11 D6 L20 F38 A50 GD-12 Pts 39

The issue is - we went on a winning run. Can we do it again, with this lot?

Under dickov last year we would have gone down I reckon because around this stage he'd have been relatively content and talking it up all calm as we nicked the odd point or few with our heads just above water.

I knew Scunthorpe would, who at this stage appeared completely gone, would rally and they did, with a burst of wins. As it was we needed to avoided defeat in the last game; if we hadn't have made that earlier push under LJ and bagged that massive home win against Yeovil, we'd have gone.

I fear we are doing this now. That was a massive two points dropped, as was Tranmere.

One of Tranmere or Crewe, if not both, will fire out a few wins. Someone always does.

We simply have to beat Crawley or we might well be adrift in the bottom four by this time next week.

I can see it going down to County and us relying on results elsewhere...

The issue is - we went on a winning run. Can we do it again, with this lot?

Under dickov last year we would have gone down I reckon because around this stage he'd have been relatively content and talking it up all calm as we nicked the odd point or few with our heads just above water.

I knew Scunthorpe would, who at this stage appeared completely gone, would rally and they did, with a burst of wins. As it was we needed to avoided defeat in the last game; if we hadn't have made that earlier push under LJ and bagged that massive home win against Yeovil, we'd have gone.

I fear we are doing this now. That was a massive two points dropped, as was Tranmere.

One of Tranmere or Crewe, if not both, will fire out a few wins. Someone always does.

We simply have to beat Crawley or we might well be adrift in the bottom four by this time next week.

I can see it going down to County and us relying on results elsewhere...

Could be a replay of 2004-2005 season, when we had to win - and just did - to stay up! Torquay went down on GD with 51 pts!

What managers constitute as excellent doesn't always equate to spectators' perception.

Until 90+3 minutes we executed the perfect away performance. They hadn't troubled our keeper and, by hook or by crook, we had plenty of chances ourselves.

It wasn't vintage yesterday, it was dire to watch as a spectacle and our passing was abysmal but in our situation it doesn't matter how you pick up the points.

Therefore I think it's totally valid for LJ to say we were excellent until their goal. They were following an effective gameplan.

The perfect away performance is dire to watch, and contains abysmal passing?

If that what I watched yesterday was for the most part perfection then I might sack this football lark off.

The perfect away performance is dire to watch, and contains abysmal passing?

If that what I watched yesterday was for the most part perfection then I might sack this football lark off.

Do you get extra points for nice passing?

If not then 3 points is perfect.

You've just proved my point that the spectator's viewpoint and manager's conflicts.

The game was dire yesterday but our game plan worked for 80 mins.

Then we could have made a couple of subs to freshen up the front 2 without changing the game plan.

Instead LJ just stood and watched JCH run himself into the ground with nothing left.

Crewe seized the opportunity and with JCH no longer a threat they pushed more and more forward in those last 10 min until the inevitable happened yet again.

LJ poor decision cost us 2 much needed points and it was such a glaringly obvious decision to make.

No wonder the fans went made when he made the change after they scored.

Freshen the front 2 up for those last 10 mins and it would have been a comfortable 1-0 because Crewe just didn't look like scoring , until LJ gave them the opportunity.

UNFORGIVABLE and those 2 points could be extremely costly come the season end.

We're slowly but surely twindling into non-existence. We need either the current owners to come back and take an active interest or, we need someone to come out of the woodwork with a lot of cash and take over. If either of these does not occur then we'll eventually end up in L2 and then either conference or become liquidatied. Dont be surprised at some point over the next couple of years if we go into administration too. The crowds are poor and decreasing and the awful tactics and quality frankly isn't worth £20.

There I've said it now, feel better.

I'm sure it's nothing we all deep down already know or worry about, just really depressing being a Latic and has been for about 17-18 years.

Feeling a bit poo about our future (again).....

Do you get extra points for nice passing?

If not then 3 points is perfect.

You've just proved my point that the spectator's viewpoint and manager's conflicts.

No, but goal difference does count. And quality passing helps create chances. More chances means more chance of scoring more goals. The perfect away performance against a team as poor as Crewe would have seen us bag 4 or 5. That would have seen us not only get 3 points, but seem us boost out goal difference, which could be crucial by the end if the season.

Rather than the perfect away performance for 93 of the 97 minutes, we did the bare minimum required. And obviously that wasn't enough because we didn't keep it up for the full game.

It was vile. Boos ringing out, fans arguing amongst one another. I left swiftly yesterday as I wanted to get the early train back but I didn't think the atmosphere was negative. It's a footballers job to take the bad with the good, they can't expect a positive response after a performance like that.

The only thing that was vile yesterday was conceding yet ANOTHER injury time equaliser/ winner. Against a terrible team who had a mere five minutes earlier mustered about their only shot on target the whole game. We were marginally the better of two very poor sides in a six-pointer. And we conceded direct form a corner AGAIN. In injury time AGAIN.

That was the only "vile' aspect of the game.

Yet some were still happy to clap the team off. Baffling...

The only thing that was vile yesterday was conceding yet ANOTHER injury time equaliser/ winner. Against a terrible team who had a mere five minutes earlier mustered about their only shot on target the whole game. We were marginally the better of two very poor sides in a six-pointer. And we conceded direct form a corner AGAIN. In injury time AGAIN.

That was the only "vile' aspect of the game.

Yet some were still happy to clap the team off. Baffling...

Agree, yesterday wasn't bad in my opinion. My 'Vile' statement was aimed at the Port Vale game.