Consistent starting 11

Maybe someone has the stats on this but have we played the same starting 11 at any point this season?

I am a big believer of settling on a starting 11 and sticking with it rather than LJ's tactic of setting up for ever team we play differently. Consistency has to be key to progressing and this doesn't come when changing things every game.

Yes! I suspect the problem we have is that too many of our players can't last 90 minutes, or are lightweight or can't play two games in a week. Tired players get injured. Amazing that young men who play professional football simply aren't strong enough or fit enough.

Yes! I suspect the problem we have is that too many of our players can't last 90 minutes, or are lightweight or can't play two games in a week. Tired players get injured. Amazing that young men who play professional football simply aren't strong enough or fit enough.

A lot of this for me is LJ making excuses for poor management and not true. Injuries are unavoidable yes but fitness develops and players get fitter getting consistent game time. When players are dropped it's not like they play a reserve game to stay sharp they are often pulled out of the reserve squad so not to get injured and sit on the bench for the 1st team.

Edited by super_blue

players used this season 39 i think compare that to man city 23 arsenal 24 liverpool and chelsea 25 and these teams are going for it in 4 competitions, not suprisingly fulham have the highest turnover of players in the prem league with 36 followed by cardiff palace and sunderland on 30 is it just coincidence ?

and in answer to your original question no we havent sent the same team out for two consecutive games this season - shocking I know. Its no wonder the players run around as if they dont even know each other.

Edited by yarddog73

and in answer to your original question no we havent sent the same team out for two consecutive games this season - shocking I know. Its no wonder the players run around as if they dont even know each other.

In answer to your answer to the OP we kept the same team from Tranmere for Preston, a whole 1 week ago - shocking that someone would use incorrect 'facts' to strengthen their point on OWTB.

LJ said at the start of his tenure we had too many players who couldn't last more than an hour so if we have fitness problem there is only one man to blame.

I'm still backing Johnson but he's made zero progress this term and for me it has been a totally wasted season. If we survive, and I think we probably will, we will be looking at yet another totally new squad of players.

I want to see real progress next term in terms of continuity, choping and changing every game has not helped and the honeymoon period is definitely over.

I fear lower season ticket sales and a budget to match will be a major factor ..I really want LJ to be a success but If we have a poor start again I can't see how he can survive beyond January.

I checked in the preston programme but if you wanna claim that as some sort of victory crack on I dont need to strengthen anything my view on the manager hasnt changed for weeks read through my posts, he talks the talk and is bull:censored:ting his way through the job, many others are beginning to see through it as well, we have to keep him cos we cant afford to get rid but you carry on splitting hairs to justify his incompetence.

I checked in the preston programme but if you wanna claim that as some sort of victory crack on I dont need to strengthen anything my view on the manager hasnt changed for weeks read through my posts, he talks the talk and is bull:censored:ting his way through the job, many others are beginning to see through it as well, we have to keep him cos we cant afford to get rid but you carry on splitting hairs to justify his incompetence.

Is that a direct response to my post?

We wouldn't care if we were winning.... We haven't, so doesn't that make changes more likely?

Isn't the bigger issue is the ramification of completely overhauling our style of play halfway through a season and struggling to adapt after selling a leader in Tarkowski.

Although having said that, all season it's been the lack of goals - most commonly struggling to score more than once - that have killed us; asking a lot of a L1 defence to keep a clean sheet every week.

And the mental impact of failing to win a couple of games convincingly, by more than one goal, to build confidence has taken its toll on some of the players.

Maybe you should have checked the Rotherham programme instead.

Plus you didn't see that we had kept the same team for Bristol City and Wolves in November. But hey let's not facts get in the way of a valid argument.

Edited by rudemedic

LJ said at the start of his tenure we had too many players who couldn't last more than an hour so if we have fitness problem there is only one man to blame.

I'm still backing Johnson but he's made zero progress this term and for me it has been a totally wasted season. If we survive, and I think we probably will, we will be looking at yet another totally new squad of players.

I want to see real progress next term in terms of continuity, choping and changing every game has not helped and the honeymoon period is definitely over.

I fear lower season ticket sales and a budget to match will be a major factor ..I really want LJ to be a success but If we have a poor start again I can't see how he can survive beyond January.

Completely in agreement with this.

I'm fully behind LJ for the next 9 games and I think he's approaching the relegation battle in the best way possible. But despite taking some forward steps in the earlier part of the season there's no doubt that we are back to where we were 12 months ago.

I'm happy to give him another go in the summer to learn from this season's mistakes regardless of which division we are in, but if there's no clear signs of improvement by approx. October next season then it would be difficult to justify him still being here.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

if he takes us down why should he be trusted to bring us back up, if we didnt bounce back straight away it could be 17 years in league 2

Because plenty of managers make mistakes in their first full year as manager and, barring a total disaster of a season, they really should be given a 2nd chance to put things right. I want us to be a club that offers managers every realistic opportunity to turn things around.

2 or 3 months is enough time in a season to see if things are going to change from the season before, while not ruining any future prospects for any new manager that comes in.

How many times this season on the "team for next week" threads that come up after every game have the majority of replies been that there should be no changes?

We keep losing and/or playing :censored:. So I'm not surprised there have been regular changes. Teams at the top make less changes than teams at the bottom mainly because they don't need to - players are on form and merit keeping their places.

How many times this season on the "team for next week" threads that come up after every game have the majority of replies been that there should be no changes?

We keep losing and/or playing :censored:. So I'm not surprised there have been regular changes. Teams at the top make less changes than teams at the bottom mainly because they don't need to - players are on form and merit keeping their places.

While there's truth to this, you do have to consider?

1. Who recruited the players?

2. Who selected them to play?

3. Who's game plan were they trying to deliver?

4. Why were they incapable of delivering it?

Question four is the hardest to answer.

While there's truth to this, you do have to consider?

1. Who recruited the players?

2. Who selected them to play?

3. Who's game plan were they trying to deliver?

4. Why were they incapable of delivering it?

Question four is the hardest to answer.

I agree with what you're saying. I guess the point I was making was that I don't believe changing the team has been a big reason for poor form, more a result of it.

The reason for poor form is covered a lot by the other questions you asked which the manager has to take a large responsibility for rather than this "tinkerman" tag he's got.

players used this season 39 i think compare that to man city 23 arsenal 24 liverpool and chelsea 25 and these teams are going for it in 4 competitions, not suprisingly fulham have the highest turnover of players in the prem league with 36 followed by cardiff palace and sunderland on 30 is it just coincidence ?

There is some logic in your statement, Droylsden have used around 100 players this season -, and haven't won a game.