Adam Rooney

Are we applauding Matty Wolfenden for scoring almost 1 in 2 for Rummy's team? Prolific striker, awesome at that level.

Rooney is no different, lower standard of football.

I actually quite rated Wolfy, I can see why he didn't make it with us due to him being a bit vertically challenged but he held the ball up well, had good movement off the ball and was a decent finisher.

Pity he's scoring goals for FCUM.

Are we applauding Matty Wolfenden for scoring almost 1 in 2 for Rummy's team? Prolific striker, awesome at that level.

Rooney is no different, lower standard of football.

I disagree. Rooney could and should have been very capable of scoring in League One.

At Celtic Park, hence the two legs bit.

celtic won at brentford in pre season with the reserves/youth team.

As for it being a lower standard. Harkins arrives and instantly stands out head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Rooney is playing with confidence. Key aspect for any strikers game.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I disagree. Rooney could and should have been very capable of scoring in League One.

His career south of the border suggests otherwise.

He didn't set the world alight at Stoke, Yeovil, Bury, Chesterfield, Birmingham, Swindon and latics. Yet he can score for Inverness and Aberdeen.

Clearly something different north of the border.

Celtic aside, Yes it is. If Celtic played the likes of Brentford or Wolves over two legs, I'd back the English sides.

That's largely irrelevant though (and I disagree, by the way, I think Celtic are probably better than Brentford or Wolves). The fact remains that 11 out of the 12 teams aren't Celtic, and 11 out of the 12 teams are also absolute garbage. Rooney can score as many as he likes against Kilmarnock; it's meaningless.

celtic won at brentford in pre season with the reserves/youth team.

As for it being a lower standard. Harkins arrives and instantly stands out head and shoulders above the rest of the team.

Rooney is playing with confidence. Key aspect for any strikers game.

We beat City in a pre-season friendly two years ago, they don't mean much especially as Scotland start their season significantly earlier than we do, and Celtic start even earlier due to European Campaign. Having looked at the two sides it looks like Brentford didn't exactly play their first XI either.

Harkins is technically head and shoulders above the rest of our players, but from what I've seen of him at St Mirren he was head and shoulders technically above the rest of their players too. Harkins' defensive frailties were deemed too strong for St Mirren but we were willing to take a gamble on him. Similar to Rooney, Wolves sold Leigh Griffiths and when they sold him he wasn't catching their side, he's gone straight into the Celtic side, and scored quite a few goals for them already.

Hi all.Would loaning him out not have been an option for us?He is prolific up there.Bagged again today.I know he has gone but cannot help thinking he may have come good especially with Harkins playing so well.Just a thought.

Sorry to pick on you but can people :censored: off with the Adam Rooney is god threads now please? It's not like he didn't get a chance, he got loads of gameplay.... It's so obvious there Is a massive difference in quality of opposition. Edited by lancy lad

Take Celtic out of that league and look what you have nothing. Poor league killen leading Goalscorer in Scottish prem went to Middlesbrough started 12 games 0 goals. Chris iwelumo is getting game time in that league for god sake! It really is a worse league than league 1

Sorry to pick on you but can people :censored: off with the Adam Rooney is god threads now please? It's not like he didn't get a chance, he got loads of gameplay.... It's so obvious there Is a massive difference in quality of opposition.

I wouldn't say it is to do with the level of opposition. He spent the majority of his time with us watching the ball fly over his head.