Atmosphere in chaddy end.

they were not all young. my I am 39 and there were a few others 20's 30's mixed in.

the test will be next week to see how many of the chaddy move to the rocky rd end.

and if anyone else says the drum doesnt help they are wrong. the drum beat kept thr LJ song at the correct tempo and that why it lasted so long.

^^^^^^^ this.

I'm 39 and my brother is 35. The guys that sit in front of us are in their 50's and they were signing more or less none stop. There were a couple of lads missing from the game yesterday who are in their 40's who would have been bang up for that atmosphere. It was more like the old fats in that section yesterday.

It also helps that I've got a massive trap as well! ;-)

Keep it up lads!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^ this.

I'm 39 and my brother is 35. The guys that sit in front of us are in their 50's and they were signing more or less none stop.!

That's wonderful. Signing for the benefit of deaf supporters what was being sung . Really public spirited that.

LJ has praised the creators of the atmosphere:

"I thought the fans were superb today. They were probably the calmest people in the house….There was a constant drone of music and songs that they were singing and even the main stand got involved so I'm really pleased for them as well because I know they needed that."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140323-lee-johnson-post-crawley-1438860.aspx#mqmm850Oh3qekKhM.99

I noticed out of the 70 diehard Crawley fans half stood up throughout the game so even though it could of been policed common sense prevailed maybe somebodys had a word with some of our over zelous stewards, it certainly helped us, normally in the rre the block next to the away fans houses the singers, generally at the back, would suggest if fans want to get involved to congregate in that block or the one behind the goal, the further back you are the closer to the singers you will be, roll on next week.

He's one of our own, he's one of our own James Tarkowski - he's one of our own.

Not sure if you are suggesting we should sing that, but if you are then add 'who put the ball in the scousers net' on Tuesday and LJ will be loving you.

Edited by astottie

Aye, what LJ said re Baxter singing.

Clap his name before kick off, sing it if you want afterwards (or when he gets sent off) but let's not be puffing his chest out for him.

I did just that at the away game...

BUT : Baxter did more for this club in one afternoon in Nottingham than LJ has done in a year so he's in no position to tell the fans (most of whom won't have seen many better players than Baxter here) what they can and can't sing...

I'm all for the ultras idea, Not for the ultras name. It sounds cheesy when it's an English team.

Blue and White army sounds better if a singing section where to be named.

I wasn't there yesterday but sounds like it was a cracking atmosphere. I wasn't planning on going the next week but I might have to change my mind and experience this "atmosphere at Boundary park" malarkey!!

I did just that at the away game...

BUT : Baxter did more for this club in one afternoon in Nottingham than LJ has done in a year so he's in no position to tell the fans (most of whom won't have seen many better players than Baxter here) what they can and can't sing...

BUT; That is absolute rubbish! LJ is the Manager, not a bit part, albeit skilful, player! By definition his duties entail vast amounts of work that we never even see!

Not sure if you are suggesting we should sing that, but if you are then add 'who put the ball in the scousers net' on Tuesday and LJ will be loving you.

dont know if it will get sung if it does I will join in, best player we have produced for a long time like to think we are a club whose fans acknowledge and recognise what he did for the club, anyway we never had the chance to wish him well so im hoping the fans will give him some sort of send off, if thats after weve beat them all the better.

dont know if it will get sung if it does I will join in, best player we have produced for a long time like to think we are a club whose fans acknowledge and recognise what he did for the club, anyway we never had the chance to wish him well so im hoping the fans will give him some sort of send off, if thats after weve beat them all the better.

Clap him when his name is announced as long as you want but for gods sake please don't sing for him during the game. He is one of Brentford's own now....

Chris Taylor by the way. We produced him.

Edit to ask, what did he do for the club? Play games and pick up a wage? Still league 1 are we not?

Edited by palmer1

Clap him when his name is announced as long as you want but for gods sake please don't sing for him during the game. He is one of Brentford's Orient's own now....

Chris Taylor by the way. We produced him.

Edit to ask, what did he do for the club? Play games and pick up a wage? Still league 1 are we not?

FTFY.

Aye, what LJ said re Baxter singing.

Clap his name before kick off, sing it if you want afterwards (or when he gets sent off) but let's not be puffing his chest out for him.

The only Baxter chant I heard in our end that day was "Who needs Baxter, baby, Who needs Baxter ohhhh", which LJ may have misheard.

The song reached Scotland eventually for Rooney's team-mate. The Human League members must be Owls, because they're not giving the Blades (or any other club) any credit for the song's adoption, before the Aberdeen fans' efforts to renew chart interest in the original song.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Peter-Pawlett-Baby-Human-League-s-Don-t-Want/story-20838549-detail/story.html

Thought the atmosphere was much better on saturday, definitely improved and let's hope it continues on sat, hopefully a lot of the chaddy end regulars move too the RRE and help with the atmosphere.

Like people have said in earlier posts I think it looks/sounds much better with a few older heads in there as well, rather than 30 or so 12-15 year olds.

The drum was excellent too and should be used every home game as when people stop, it really gets them going again.

Looking forward to saturday, could be a top atmosphere with brentford hopefully bringing more than the usual 2-300 now that their in the automatic promotion spots.