Carlisle 0-1 Latics: Post match reaction

Great result. Clean sheet. Excellent run of results continues.

Superb goal from Dayton, reminding me of John Barnes in the Maracana.

Horrible game of football. If that's the best Carlisle have got to offer then they're goners.

I'm still not totally convinced the 16 points from 8 games is the start of something special. While we were the better side we didn't really get at the Carlisle defence effectively. The defence is still static at set pieces, the middle five unadventurous and JCH ineffective in his isolated striker role. But I'll take ugly away wins like that.

Worrall had the first half from hell, wasting possession on numerous occasions. He was replaced by Dayton just as he was getting into the game.

Harkins has either lost his buzz or been sussed. When two defenders are on him the full back needs to overlap. Doesn't happen. Next week I'd drop the hardworking Philliskirk to the bench and play Harkins up top with JCH and get Dayton on the left.

Wes was my MOTM while Korey did carry the ball forwards well, but too often lacked support in advanced positions or delayed the pass too long.

It was poor to watch, lacking in any quality besides the Dayton goal, but it was a welcome win.

And Cumbria Constabulary, who let the dogs out? That was completely unnecessary.

A terrible game of football with very few moments of quality. Dayts took his goal superbly and we soaked up the late Carlisle pressure well. But both teams were really missing any presence up front.

My first trip to Carlisle and I'm a bit gutted that they're staring relegation in the face, as it's a really good away-day (despite the poor football).

Lukers comments about the police dogs makes sense. They weren't at all needed, put they were only young and looked as though they were being trained.

Carlisle were a very poor team, one of the worst I've seen this season and I didn't even know Worrall was playing until 5 mins before he got subbed. Has Dayton got an issue with some Latics fans giving him aggro? Hence the cupping of the ears after he scored and also the scowl on his face??? Apart from that, good day out, nice three points and roll on our promotion push next season!!!!!

Dayton has been copping a bit of flak from some of the fans on twitter on and off for a while, and more noticeably in recent weeks. But if he has done the cupping of his ears over that, then he needs to grow the :censored: up, and if it affects his game that much then he should quit twitter.

If certain people are using Twitter to give their own players :censored:, they probably deserve few other hand gestures.

Hope Dayton stays and works on his weak points for next season. There's a very good player in there.

Horrible game of football. If that's the best Carlisle have got to offer then they're goners.

I'm still not totally convinced the 16 points from 8 games is the start of something special. While we were the better side we didn't really get at the Carlisle defence effectively. The defence is still static at set pieces, the middle five unadventurous and JCH ineffective in his isolated striker role. But I'll take ugly away wins like that.

Worrall had the first half from hell, wasting possession on numerous occasions. He was replaced by Dayton just as he was getting into the game.

Harkins has either lost his buzz or been sussed. When two defenders are on him the full back needs to overlap. Doesn't happen. Next week I'd drop the hardworking Philliskirk to the bench and play Harkins up top with JCH and get Dayton on the left.

Wes was my MOTM while Korey did carry the ball forwards well, but too often lacked support in advanced positions or delayed the pass too long.

It was poor to watch, lacking in any quality besides the Dayton goal, but it was a welcome win.

And Cumbria Constabulary, who let the dogs out? That was completely unnecessary.

Spot on, although if we were selected to assist in the training of the dogs because of the noise we make, we should feel honoured.

I thought that also about Dayton, you may cup your ears and scowl but your no way near big time to do that.... Man up lad, he should have celebrated with the fans,

Perhaps he has been under the illusion we have misjudged him.

Superb win today. It's rare you see a team play brilliantly EVERY game through the course of an 8 match unbeaten run. It's great that we are looking solid. Does anyone know the last time we were 8 games unbeaten?

If you include cup games aswell as league, then earlier this season!

[quote name="The Scottish Zidane" post="708190" timestamp="

On another note did anyone else think Grounds throwing us his shirt was a goodbye? He was the only one to do it, could he be moving onto pastures new?

Think he wanted it washed - apparently he melted the last one when he did it himself....

That sounds very familiar.

I'm torn, Obviously pleased we've stayed up. We seem much more compact an resolute. An manky 1-0 away wins are always welcome.

However for very large parts of the season the football has been very poor to watch.

Genuine question. Is it impossible to compete playing the right way?

It seems consecutive managers come in wanting to play. Panic after 15 games. An for the rest of their tenture we're subjected to a don't lose mentality. Instead imposing ourselves an trying to win a game. I accept that it's their job on line, an it's a results business. However it's not massive changes- play your top scorer in his preferred position. Play two up at home.

Lots to forward to next year, but the style of play especially at home has got to change IMO.