Rumours and Transfers 2014

piss poor the lot of them, thought we were hanging on for a couple of quality signings !!! yet again treated like mugs. Why spend 2 or 3 week working on or with players who frankly aint gonna be any better than what we have, id rather they brought nobody in than past it or klmarnock rejects, play our kids if winchester would of had daytons chances he would be better for it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

piss poor the lot of them, thought we were hanging on for a couple of quality signings !!! yet again treated like mugs. Why spend 2 or 3 week working on or with players who frankly aint gonna be any better than what we have, id rather they brought nobody in than past it or klmarnock rejects, play our kids if winchester would of had daytons chances he would be better for it.

Cos if you want a 6.5 million stand, and most people do, then something has to give somewhere!

Why get so worked up over a few players who are in on trial? Already been said Winchester will be going out on loan.

Or St Mirren rejects like Harkins....?

Rejects is all we ever sign - we're not in the market to pay money for 99% of the people who come to us. Have you not spent the last god knows how many summers seeing the same?

It's about hoping the ones we pick at least have that 'something'

Rejects is all we ever sign - we're not in the market to pay money for 99% of the people who come to us. Have you not spent the last god knows how many summers seeing the same?

It's about hoping the ones we pick at least have that 'something'

Spot on we're not going to be able to spend a six figure fee on a proven striker as I hate pointing it out we only get crowds of three thousand.

43 goals in 337 games for Sidibe

2 Goals in 49 games for Gros

Off these ratios charlie mcdonald would have been a better option to stay!

Stats wise for a Striker that is awful - however that Mamady Sidibe looks a huge scary striker - maybe at the right price may be useful for the last 20 mins. if we are chasing a game to get among a defence and cause them some concern but as a possible starter I think we should give him a miss so says my Stoke Supporting Mate.

with some of this logic sign akinfenwa !! I keep reading how there are loads of players out there and we are biding our time it more bull on top of the bull served up, scrimping on wages we dont even pay league 2 rate never mind league 1 and the stand will look nice when we are getting crowds of 2000 cos of the dross being served up, why would anyone be happy with those 2 strikers god only knows, suppose it makes the desicion about buying a ST an easy one.

with some of this logic sign akinfenwa !! I keep reading how there are loads of players out there and we are biding our time it more bull on top of the bull served up, scrimping on wages we dont even pay league 2 rate never mind league 1 and the stand will look nice when we are getting crowds of 2000 cos of the dross being served up, why would anyone be happy with those 2 strikers god only knows, suppose it makes the desicion about buying a ST an easy one.

Aye, buy one so we can pay bigger wages for the better players?

Or St Mirren rejects like Harkins....?

Bit different getting someone in on loan, he is still under contract at St Mirren and I suspect he will have plenty of suitors if he comes to some arrangement for them to terminate his contract, thankfully we had him last season otherwise we may have gone down but I wouldnt put him in the reject bracket, the names being banded about are poor players with poor records.

All this whinging about these players coming in. Have I missed the announcement where we've actually signed them or something? No. Christ, has it really got that bad that we are now complaining about Johnson taking a look at possible new players instead of just giving them a contract on the back of watching a youtube video!

Bit different getting someone in on loan, he is still under contract at St Mirren and I suspect he will have plenty of suitors if he comes to some arrangement for them to terminate his contract, thankfully we had him last season otherwise we may have gone down but I wouldnt put him in the reject bracket, the names being banded about are poor players with poor records.

Because we beat off loads of clubs to sign him in January? Harkins record from when he left Dundee 2011 isn't exactly impressive. People's first reaction to seeing Harkins was pub footballer & I think quite a few questioned LJ over the signing initially.

been there done that over and over it works both ways and if you think im on my own ask the hundreds who havent renewed.

I've not seen anyone other than you imply they aren't going to renew because of a few players we have on trial.

Because we beat off loads of clubs to sign him in January? Harkins record from when he left Dundee 2011 isn't exactly impressive. People's first reaction to seeing Harkins was pub footballer & I think quite a few questioned LJ over the signing initially.

I've not seen anyone other than you imply they aren't going to renew because of a few players we have on trial.

why are season ticket sales down over 20% then

I'm trying to be as positive as possible but I get a horrible feeling that on the field next season won't be pretty nor successful. I hope I'm majorly wrong.

Seems a strange view to take given that both the signings we've made thus far have been of a decent standard. in fact, the vast majority on here believe we've improved on both the players that have been subsequently replaced. A few dodgy trialists mean nothing as far as next seasons team goes. I'd imagine we'll be seeing plenty more before preseason is up as well and from that we'll pick the best of what we see and try to get them on contracts, no problem really. We've started well up to now.

whilst other teams we are competing with have near enough done their deals, have a group of players and can concentrate on putting a team together for the new season our manager will be messing about trying to deal with agents and wasting time on donkeys instead of working with the group on the training pitch.

whilst other teams we are competing with have near enough done their deals, have a group of players and can concentrate on putting a team together for the new season our manager will be messing about trying to deal with agents and wasting time on donkeys instead of working with the group on the training pitch.

Which teams are they and who have they signed?

Feels a little forced to me, this one.