The not retained list

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ now hopeful on Rachubka signing according to his interview on LP, great news, fingers crossed

Also closely looking at Scotland, one or two from abroad ala Kasunga and also England

Weso very good offer from abroad (thats Oz then) - fair play to him if that's what he does

LJ now hopeful on Rachubka signing according to his interview on LP, great news, fingers crossed

Also closely looking at Scotland, one or two from abroad ala Kasunga and also England

Weso very good offer from abroad (thats Oz then) - fair play to him if that's what he does

Really hope we keep him out of all the players. If Wes has a big offer from Oz, who can blame him?

Certainly sounds as though LJ has a number of irons in the fire, going off that interview. Still says he'd like to see how Philly, JCH and Turner shape up as strikers in pre-season to decide whether we need anyone else.

Now, I rate Philliskirk & JCH, and there did look something to work with from young Turners' fleeting appearances.

BUT - LJ would be mad to go with just those 3 and Bove as the frontline attack next season.

We need 1 more into that mix. And that 1 more needs to be someone with 100+ games under their belt and who has scored league goals; that is a very young & inexperienced attack otherwise...

Now, I rate Philliskirk & JCH, and there did look something to work with from young Turners' fleeting appearances.

BUT - LJ would be mad to go with just those 3 and Bove as the frontline attack next season.

We need 1 more into that mix. And that 1 more needs to be someone with 100+ games under their belt and who has scored league goals; that is a very young & inexperienced attack otherwise...

Scott Vernon :wink:

Have we sunk that low ?

With what's out there, and on our budget, ex player or not, we really probably should be looking at Vernon.

Even discounting his spell in Scotland, he scored goals for us, Blackpool and Colchester at our level.

Then factoring in his Scotland spell; he has still continued to score goals; and now has vast experience to add to the goals.

Still a decet age; and with a decent injury record.

I'm not saying I actively want us to pursue signing him; but feck me; he's really not a bad option. Certainly we've signed worse players than if Vernon were to come back...