What do you think of this ?

And then the next thing will be no promotion or relegation between 2nd and 3rd divisions to stop the A and B teams meeting each other.

A horrific, poorly thought out idea on every conceivable level.

as i have said before think the league 3 idea is just a smoke screen and will be withdrawn and something just as bad possibley "feeder " teams implimented under the "we listened to the fans " as a faitacompli

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as i have said before think the league 3 idea is just a smoke screen and will be withdrawn and something just as bad possibley "feeder " teams implimented under the "we listened to the fans " as a faitacompli

Wouldn't put it passed them, especially now Scudamore is running his mouth about it.

I just don't get it. Yeah ok, Ashley Cole cheated on the lovely Cheryl. He's a grade one bell end just for that in my eyes, but it doesn't mean he doesn't want to win the World Cup. Rio

Come on fellas, I don't think it's the players that are lacking in national pride. I think it's the fans.

To me it's what happens on the pitch but people who use the old Ashley cheated on Cheryl must have very little excuses. Let's be honest after that court case if Cheryl had been the Ginger one or some random looking Fat bird she been kicked out the group for sure.

I put this on twitter the other day after reading an article and having a look around the internet:

The best supported B team is Barcelona they averaged 3,912 this season. League one average 7,488. League 2 average 4,352.

Bayern second team (B) had 328 at their last game.

How many players have come through the B teams at Real Madrid? Or any of the others. There is only Barca that is producing them, that is more to do with the strength of their academy than the use of the B team.

And then the next thing will be no promotion or relegation between 2nd and 3rd divisions to stop the A and B teams meeting each other.

I am very surprised that at some stage over the last 20 years there has been no reduction in the number of teams promoted to/relegated from the premier league

Courtesy of the Daily Mash:

THE new football league structure will see established clubs playing hypothetical matches against some of Britain’s favourite fictional teams.

FA chairman Greg Dyke said the new League 3 will develop young English talent by helping them imagine what it would be like to play against Roy Race from Melchester Rovers.

Dyke said: “A committee will decide how a real team fares against a fictional team based on the real team’s three previous results.

“So if you are lose-draw-draw, you might sneak a home win against the school team from Gregory’s Girl, but you are going to get taken apart by Melchester, particularly if the committee decides that Roy is on form at the moment.”

He added: “Harchester United from Sky One’s Dream Team will be another big test for the real clubs, but they can also be confident of a win against sides like Renford Rejects and Jossy’s Giants because they are just children.

“I suspect that most seasons League 3 will be a two-horse race between the PoWs and the Nazis from Escape to Victory.”

I am very surprised that at some stage over the last 20 years there has been no reduction in the number of teams promoted to/relegated from the premier league

When we stayed up via the Great Escape, there were 22 teams in the Prem. The year after we got relegated, so 19 years ago, was the year the Prem was reduced to 20 teams, with 4 teams going down and only 2 coming up from what is now the Championship.

• 1 month later...