Only 50 tickets for Rochdale left

Oh God, Blackpool 1997. *shudders*

So it was YOU who kicked off the trouble when we scored then?

Oh God, Blackpool 1997. *shudders*

So it was YOU who kicked off the trouble when we scored then?

That was the one and only time i've ever had to go in the home end at an away game. :censored:ing awful. I genuinely think i'd rather not go at all should I have to make that decision again.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were probably safer in there than in the crumbling deathtrap of an away stand. What a :censored:hole. Our 3 stands might have been embarrassing but boundary park in recent years has been like the berbabeu compared to the old bloomfield road.

That was the one and only time i've ever had to go in the home end at an away game. :censored:ing awful. I genuinely think i'd rather not go at all should I have to make that decision again.

I hear that comrades. Ended up in the home stand for our Boxing Day victory in 2001. The ground was in the middle of being developed, so I think we were given a fairly paltry allocation. By the time we'd got there, away end was full, so we headed into the home part of the same stand.

The ground was half as it is now, which wasn't open to fans at the time, and half decrepit :censored:ehole. I recall having the misfortune of spending most of the game next to some of Cesspool's biggest drongos, belting out such witty classics as 'I'd rather be a P**i than a Latic'. Depressing. Also remember me and my mates laughing as someone had scrawled ':censored: off Preston' in permanent marker on the bog walls. Yeah, take THAT Preston!!

Needles to say, I was a bit chuffed walking out of that hole with a convincing 2-0 win, although we've never won there since, presumably because we used all our good fortune for the decade on David Reeves scoring a brace. Remember on the way back from the game saying on GMR that Reeves and Smart was the best partnership we'd had in years. I do love the bollocks that's spouted amid the giddiness a good win!

Edited by cheshire_latic

I know...... I dont intend to make myself known either... With a kid with me i want to limit my chances by going in the stand with the least Rochdale dickheads......

There is always a stand at every ground which is more family orientated and less likely to kick off.

Thats all i was asking.. If anybody knew which stand this was

Sadly when it's a derby game at any club tensions can get the better of some people even so card quiet level headed people on that message board Dale fans say they may not care but if you look on some of the forums on Facebook a fair few of there fans think otherwise.

Plus there be a few eapecially say some young uns who may live or go school in Oldham who see it otherwise.

If you do sit in an away end stay close to the front I say so if anything does happen you maybe spotted and if you do have a kid they could find you seats in the away end or even have a unreserved part to thrown any away fans in the home end in.

Good luck anyway

If you're going in the home end, keep yer gob shut here and everywhere else.

The dibble, Oldham and Dale will be trawling through these threads. I think it happened with Sheff United once at Rotherham, they were all on about where their tickets were in the home and and they all had their tickets cancelled and it was only open to Rovrum postcodes etc.

Yeah Rochdale could just lock down ticket purchases to Rochdale postcodes like OL...... :laught30:

Edited by blueatheart