Liam Sercombe?

wasn't really paying attention but he's not on loan is he?

Noble is.

We re-signed him on a contract until January and immediately loaned him to Exeter. Until January. Some strange FIFA rule around number of registrations within a period of time would have left him unable to find a club otherwise.

wasn't really paying attention but he's not on loan is he?

Technically he is. We signed him back up and then loaned him to them straight away, as he was ineligible to sign for someone above Conference North/South due to the transfer regulations, akin to Lockwood last year.

Noble is.

We re-signed him on a contract until January and immediately loaned him to Exeter. Until January. Some strange FIFA rule around number of registrations within a period of time would have left him unable to find a club otherwise.

I hope we're not paying any of his salary!

Would sign Exeter's Grimes..class player.

If I were the cynical type (...) I'd think that you every time you see a lower level player do something half decent you say sign him so that sooner or later you'll be able to say you told us so (bit I'm not...)

Edited by Dave_Og

If I were the cynical type (...) I'd think that you every time you see a lower level player do something half decent you say sign him so that sooner or later you'll be able to say you told us so (bit I'm not...)

So why didn't I mention any others who had a decent game?

From what I've seen of Grimes in the past 18 months I doubt he'll go to anyone lower than the Championship. As well as his ability on the ball from open play he's made a fair few of their goals from set pieces. He's still only 19 and in the England U20s setup too.

Due to tonights result there's a fair chance they'll lose him in January.

Sod Grimes, Warrington's striker Scott Metcalffe was IMO the best player on the pitch.

26 years old though, so it's not exactly like he's a hot prospect of a 18/19 year old.

That said, his fitness seemed pretty good for someone only training 2 nights a week and working a full time job. 11 goals so far this season.

Heart says is he worth an extended trail with us to have a real look at him? Head says no, he's too old to be plucked from non league to the professional game really.

He did have a very good game though.

And - well done Warrington. Ah, the magic of the FA Cup eh?

Edited by slystallone

Sod Grimes, Warrington's striker Scott Metcalffe was IMO the best player on the pitch.

26 years old though, so it's not exactly like he's a hot prospect of a 18/19 year old.

That said, his fitness seemed pretty good for someone only training 2 nights a week and working a full time job. 11 goals so far this season.

Heart says is he worth an extended trail with us to have a real look at him? Head says no, he's too old to be plucked from non league to the professional game really.

He did have a very good game though.

And - well done Warrington. Ah, the magic of the FA Cup eh?

Your head would have left a 26yo David Eyres and 29yo Tony Book in non league Sly, I often follow my heart. I do agree with you about Metcalfe, very impressive, the keeper was good too..the 18yo midfielder at Ilkeston may interest you more though.

Edited by BP1960