Paddy Kenny on loan

Kenny Starts then and Elokobi is in contention or so I read mid week.

maybe big George for Dieng on Saturday? Dieng has done well but more of a voice in the back 4 organising when a new keeper is behind them may just add a bit more stability?

of course dont want to risk him getting injured again...

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenny Starts then and Elokobi is in contention or so I read mid week.

maybe big George for Dieng on Saturday? Dieng has done well but more of a voice in the back 4 organising when a new keeper is behind them may just add a bit more stability?

of course dont want to risk him getting injured again...

Reading between the lines of LJ's comments yesterday he said he wanted to field a side that will show passion and drive people on in what will be an emotionally commanding derby...

That suggests to me that Elokobi will be back alongside Wilson at CB and depending on B Wilsons fitness whether it is Kasunga or B Wilson at RB:

Suggesting everyone is fully fit the below would be my starting line up - 4-4-2 for

Paddy Kenny

B Wilson - J Wilson - Elokobi - Mills

Poleon - Kelly - Jones - Forte

Philli - Ibhere

Reading between the lines of LJ's comments yesterday he said he wanted to field a side that will show passion and drive people on in what will be an emotionally commanding derby...

That suggests to me that Elokobi will be back alongside Wilson at CB and depending on B Wilsons fitness whether it is Kasunga or B Wilson at RB:

Suggesting everyone is fully fit the below would be my starting line up - 4-4-2 for

Paddy Kenny

B Wilson - J Wilson - Elokobi - Mills

Poleon - Kelly - Jones - Forte

Philli - Ibhere

Not sure how you can leave Edgar Johnson out after his last two games?

Not sure how you can leave Edgar Johnson out after his last two games?

Yep, if the young man is fit to play, he plays. In that #10 role too I'd expect, with Philly again going wide right, and a front 2 of Jabo and Forte.

I'd expect Paddy Kenny to come straight into the side - he surely won't have joined to sit on our bench? Possibly harsh on 'Chubs, but if both are fit - Kenny is the better 'Keeper I'd say.

Not sure of Big George, If he's fit enough, then it's hugely tempting to put him in, but that's my worry - is he 100% ready to come straight back in? I'd be tempted t leave Dieng where he is, and give George a further week of training and a possible mid week behind closed doors game before he comes back in?

Will be a 4-1-4-1

Kenny

Mills

Elokobi

Wilson

Wilson

Kelly

Philliskirk

Jones

Johnson

Forte

Ibehre

If its not them 11 I will give £10 to playershare.

If someone can copy onto Playershare thread I'd appreciate it.

Same, but Kusunga in for Wilson, B for me.

I'm a Rachubka supporter for Dale. He has had a good season so far even with the blind spot when it comes to 30/35 yard snap shots. I don't doubt his commitment and passion and feel sure it is his influence on the back four that has made them tick even with the changes and he was probably the one change against PNE that LJ now regrets making. Playing George is a gamble when Dieng is now doing well - he looked a different player in midfield having played well at the back. Poleon will miss out as the striker who ought to be a winger because Edgar has to come back in. Kusunger or B Wilson is a difficult call which I suppose depends on the size of the Rochdale attack. Mills, J Wilson, Jones, Kelly, Jabo, Forte and Philly all start if fit.

The joy is this is a debate worth having!

Yep, if the young man is fit to play, he plays. In that #10 role too I'd expect, with Philly again going wide right, and a front 2 of Jabo and Forte.

I'd expect Paddy Kenny to come straight into the side - he surely won't have joined to sit on our bench? Possibly harsh on 'Chubs, but if both are fit - Kenny is the better 'Keeper I'd say.

Not sure of Big George, If he's fit enough, then it's hugely tempting to put him in, but that's my worry - is he 100% ready to come straight back in? I'd be tempted t leave Dieng where he is, and give George a further week of training and a possible mid week behind closed doors game before he comes back in?

You're not the first who's said this - why would Elokobi play "behind closed doors" rather than out in the open at Chapel Rd or any away reserve game that's on?

You never know Chubs might have a niggle or something that is an issue or a potential op etc. Pure speculation but 99.9% on here is.

Judging by LJ's comments in the Chron, he's definitely targeted it as a weak area

"We've been unhappy with a couple of goals we have conceded recently. Both goalkeepers have played pretty well, but goalkeepers are there to keep the ball out of the back of the net."

Generally a fan of Chubs, he was crucial in our 10 game run last season, and is fairly solid, but they're obviously not happy with some of his recent performances. JPT was ideal time to try Etheridge, and he clearly didn't impress either.

I'm assuming if Kenny performs, he's looking at a permanent deal, as he's clearly not going to get a game at Bolton.

Edited by cheshire_latic

You're not the first who's said this - why would Elokobi play "behind closed doors" rather than out in the open at Chapel Rd or any away reserve game that's on?

Eh?

Just a term that's used nowadays isn't it?

They put on a 'behind closed doors' game for Lockwood that was specially arranged after he stepped up his recovery. Not an official reserve game, but an arranged one where paying fans weren't invited along.

I'm not suggesting Big George plays a game in the Players Lounge behind those type of doors if that's what you're getting at...they can be called 'behind closed doors games; and still be played out in the open you know...