What an absolute bleeding shambles.

Like I said earlier, either sign him with a clear statement as to why or steer well clear. This is an utter farce and Corney and Owen should be ashamed of themselves today, what were they thinking?

I fear this is not only the end of this season but the damage will go much further if the stories about LJ are even remotely true.

still, at least we'll have a nice new stand.....oh, wait!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sack montano for damaging the clubs reputation/image can simon corney please tell me wtf is our reputation in the first place we based the montano situation on? I hope montano sues us and sports direct pull the plug!! I would rather support a fan run team in the non league than this shower controlled by corney and the fans rep barry chuckle owen!!!

Well the first point is very good one. How can we sack Montano for bringing the club into disrepute, then we do this.

Utter :censored:e after that first sentence spoiled it.

Started to have a bit of sympathy for Ched Evans now... rightly or wrongly, he's served his time. Seems the public seem hell bent on making the rest of his life miserable.

And before anyone says what about the victim... she can't even recall the incident. I'm sceptical about the whole case against him tbh

Absolute incompetence on every conceivable level - right down to the media silence that has been our response to these (presumably) pretty accurate reports.

The likes of Dexter Blackstock refused to go to the Blades due to their interest, and their season stalled whilst this cloud temporarily engulphed them. I suspect there is more to our poor form than this alone, but the timing of the months due diligence and substandard performances fit.

Why you would voluntarily put yourself in a mess of this nature is beyond me. By splitting an already depleted fanbase, you destroy all the pride that had built in our teams early season performances under a young passionate manager.

I don't overly care what others think of us - I care greatly about what we think of ourselves.

Its a complete disgrace - Why did it have to be us????

Very well put. I've been over this a thousand times and I can't see how you'd think this was a good idea. Are our fans less moral than :censored:ing Sheffield United? Are we more desperate than Hartlepool? None of it makes sense.

Started to have a bit of sympathy for Ched Evans now... rightly or wrongly, he's served his time. Seems the public seem hell bent on making the rest of his life miserable.

And before anyone says what about the victim... she can't even recall the incident. I'm sceptical about the whole case against him tbh

I'm speechless. I really am. he gets found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt by a jury. He appeals which gets rejected by a judge. The appeal over the judge's verdict also gets refused. And you're sceptical about the case based on what exactly?

And that's not even starting on the idea that if you can't accurately recall a rape being inflicted on you, it simply didn't happen? That's just appalling. I don't know what's leaving the most bitter taste here, the trivialising of the victim (and rape in general) or the possibility that Ched Evans will be striding out onto the hallowed BP turf with a smirk on his face.

Well...he's hellbent on making his victim's life a misery. While that continues, I'd like nothing more than for Ched to be miserable. I don't like Ched getting what Ched wants while Ched continues to be a total :censored:.

Very well put. I've been over this a thousand times and I can't see how you'd think this was a good idea. Are our fans less moral than :censored:ing Sheffield United? Are we more desperate than Hartlepool? None of it makes sense.

The only sense it makes is the club (not LJ it appears) are desperate to sign him as a cheap striker.

I'm speechless. I really am. he gets found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt by a jury. He appeals which gets rejected by a judge. The appeal over the judge's verdict also gets refused. And you're sceptical about the case based on what exactly?

And that's not even starting on the idea that if you can't accurately recall a rape being inflicted on you, it simply didn't happen? That's just appalling. I don't know what's leaving the most bitter taste here, the trivialising of the victim (and rape in general) or the possibility that Ched Evans will be striding out onto the hallowed BP turf with a smirk on his face.

We have had few football differences Mr Shankly, but legally and morally you are right on this one.

My sympathy arises from the fact that OAFC have obviously given him hope of continuing his career and starting to rebuild his life only for them (according to recent reports) to be mulling over it again. This is all down the to club.

Watching the video of her arriving at the hotel that night (she doesn't seem so out of it not to remember anything). The deleted facebook messages sent around that time... and the previous cries of rape. Just makes me sceptical. I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not saying it did.

And as for him trying to continue to make her life a misery, how is he doing that? by trying to continue in his field of work?

Sheff Utd wanted him back, they'll know more about what went on that night and the days after more than anyone.

That tells the story for me.

Perhaps Sheff Utd are well known across football as one of the :censored:tiest most horrid clubs going but even they couldn't get away with it?

And as for him trying to continue to make her life a misery, how is he doing that? by trying to continue in his field of work?

By revealing her identity several times and orchestrating a veritable witchhunt against her and her family. That's not to mention doing sod all to diffuse the hate messages sent to people affiliated to Sheffield United who withdrew their support after Sheffield United considered signing him. It has long term legal rammifications with securing other rape convictions in fear that their identiy may be exposed after a trial.

You strike me as someone who has skim-read over Ched Evans' website and based their entire opinion on that.

The problem is the ched evens site is heavily outweighed in his favour...for obvious reasons. On this site, bits and peices are twisted and reworded.

In media, its heavily outweighed the opposite way. The media rarely reflect on how she doesn't appear overly smashed and how she's apparantly cried rape before.

Its up to people to read what they want...

Me, as stated earlier...my opinion is that when you have served the punishment that the country deems suitable, you should be free to carry on your life. The media reaction simply goes to sell papers and create intrest.

I'd prefer him to be somewhere else simply because of the media spotlight which will rightly or wrongly be right on him,therefore us; not because of his conviction. I back the club if they have thought about it and decided its the way they want to go.

See you saturday ...

By revealing her identity several times and orchestrating a veritable witchhunt against her and her family. That's not to mention doing sod all to diffuse the hate messages sent to people affiliated to Sheffield United who withdrew their support after Sheffield United considered signing him. It has long term legal rammifications with securing other rape convictions in fear that their identiy may be exposed after a trial.

You strike me as someone who has skim-read over Ched Evans' website and based their entire opinion on that.

^That. I wasn't really interested in Ched Evans until this morning. Never thought it would happen. Now I'm happy if he gets hounded for the rest of his miserable disgusting life.

The problem is the ched evens site is heavily outweighed in his favour...for obvious reasons. On this site, bits and peices are twisted and reworded.

In media, its heavily outweighed the opposite way. The media rarely reflect on how she doesn't appear overly smashed and how she's apparantly cried rape before.

Its up to people to read what they want...

Me, as stated earlier...my opinion is that when you have served the punishment that the country deems suitable, you should be free to carry on your life. The media reaction simply goes to sell papers and create intrest.

I'd prefer him to be somewhere else simply because of the media spotlight which will rightly or wrongly be right on him,therefore us; not because of his conviction. I back the club if they have thought about it and decided its the way they want to go.

See you saturday ...

I simply can't understand the motivation. It's not Ched's website against the media, it was the prosecution against his expensive defence team. Nothing you say about the case has any value unless you talk about, urm, the actual case.

Im not interested in the case....

Was the conviction correct or not doesnt matter to me. He was convicted by a jury and the decision was made on his sentance.

The country deems him to have been punished and is free to re-enter society which he is trying to do.

Im basing my judgement on the law and our system. Was the punishment long enough? In my eyes no...but im not suitably qualified to make those judgements.

If we disagree with the system, take it up with the law makers...

All im saying in terms of the website and media is that its always skewed...you'll rarely get a balanced article so anyone making judgements based off either is a bit silly.

Edited by Fruitygoo