I go to the football for enjoyment, to escape the normal everyday world for a few hours and watch 22 men kick a ball around. Not to sit there and have opposition fans chant "Town full of rapists" at us and bring real world :censored: into something that is a release from the big bad world.

I believe in second chances for offenders but OAFC isn't part of the probation service, it is part of the entertainment industry.

Man up.

I'm sure you won't mind giving it back when he wheels off in celebration in front of said opposition fans.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the context that "negotiations are still ongoing " can anyone else see the black hand of Taylor of the PFA and the FA/FL being heavily involved in this and putting the club under undue pressure to sign him as we have previous with Hughes ?

Whats to negotiate beyond him signing preferential status with the PFA/FA/FL ?

Posted · Hidden by Matt, January 6, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Matt, January 6, 2015 - No reason given

Is it true she was seen with both men entering the room?

No. Not in the court transcripts I have read. And Ched Evans has plenty of time to decide his idea if going to the hotel is a bad error if judgement

Is it true she didn't appear that drunk on cctv footage?

Not in the transcripts I have read. She practically fell over in the kebab shop. McDinald has plenty if time to realise he is taking advantage if a drink girl.

Is it true she text a friend & what did she say?

Is it true she said/communicated to a friend she would benefit financially?

Is it true she tried to extort money from Ched Evans?

Is it true she has similar previous with 2 rugby players & what were those circumstances?

Is it true an expert said she would have been capable of consenting with the alcohol in her system?

Is it true that far more than one and the current legal system says not.

If these allegations are true is it possible CE is more the victim?

These are the questions that make me doubt the safety of the conviction. I don't know if these allegations are true, but it makes me wonder what was included in court & not.

Having seen British justice close at hand I am not convinced in anyway of its infallibility.

Given the selective answers to the above, I fail to see how you can reach your conclusion Further, there are many examples of so called experts testifying and later found to be incorrect, so one expert saying she could consent is not proof. The shaken baby syndrome expert for example.

All of which shows he needs not concentrate on his legal defence and we should not touch him with a barge pile.

*** MESSAGE TO ALL ***

This is going to be difficult, but we need to debate the SIGNING of Evans along with the facts of the conviction. We are not questioning the integrity of anybody else involved. Please refrain from any part-time detective work, or fag packet case analysis.

Posts will be removed without warning, persistence will be met with account suspension. If you have a personal view of the case and appeal, do it on your personal Facebook page.

Corney, Owen and whoever else at the club who thought that this act of desperate opportunism was a good idea, should read through the preceding 74 pages to see if they identify with the views of the fans backing their stance.

Putting aside the huge moral issue of Evans' case and subsequent conviction, how can anyone of sound mind believe that this could be simply flown in under the radar? Was it born of arrogance, desperation, greed or stupidity?

We're on a hiding to nothing if we sign him and look like a bunch of incompetent clowns if we pull out at this late stage. What a sorry mess.

well said, just bringing out into the open these views is enough reason to leave well alone.

Some posts tweets would be welcomed by ISIS they are that far into the margins of society.

Views like the Henry Winter article are what are going to stick here. Whether we sign him or not.

Thank you Simon Corney, thank you Barry Owen, thank you Neil Joy.

You saved my club 11 years ago. Since then we have had wall to wall success.

Now you have given us this.

An as yet 3 day PR masterstroke.

The quicker all 3 of you are out of the club, the better.

Conspiracy theory - the father in law is investing in the club.

Well that article you posted the link to suggests said father-in-law could well be covering the wages.

Journo doing a 2 + 2 = 93 maybe? But maybe not.

Put it this way; surely - surely someone at board level was able to forsee that the club may lose some sponsors or investors, and the shortfall would need to plugged short term. He is by all accounts a rich man.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he does indeed turn out to become a new investor shoud his daughters convicted rapist boyfriend be signed up.

Edited by slystallone

He is by all accounts a rich man.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he does indeed turn out to become a new investor shoud his daughters convicted rapist boyfriend be signed up.

He owns Preston's the jewellers.

The majority of their argument also rests on the fact they don't want him to walk into a high paid job, when in fact, if they were to take a moment out of their witch hunt and jump off that bandwagon, they'd maybe see that he will not be paid much more than me or you.

For most of us, less.

Edited by oafc_lover