• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Refund dont make me laugh. It's football, and there isn't a team in the world that in their history have not had a run of form or two shocking results like we have just had. I concede that it is gut wrenching when witnessing a performance like that at MK, I listened to the full game on Player, and was shocked to the core, so can see why fans that actually sat through the game were so upset and angry. BUT it's what happens in football, you just dont know what you are going to get.

I don't believe in refunds but the sad part really is that Latics home support is very fragile. It takes a very long run of good form for people (ever so slowly) to start to come back and watch. Getting knocked out of 2 cups and getting utterly annihilated in the last 2 games just sends us right back to square one. I knew a couple of people who hadn't been for a while were planning to go against Crewe - they've now decided to go out to the pub for the day instead. Some might say "part time supporters - who needs them?" - well - we do and that is the harsh reality of recent results - lost revenue which only leads to one thing eventually.

I don't believe in refunds but the sad part really is that Latics home support is very fragile. It takes a very long run of good form for people (ever so slowly) to start to come back and watch. Getting knocked out of 2 cups and getting utterly annihilated in the last 2 games just sends us right back to square one. I knew a couple of people who hadn't been for a while were planning to go against Crewe - they've now decided to go out to the pub for the day instead. Some might say "part time supporters - who needs them?" - well - we do and that is the harsh reality of recent results - lost revenue which only leads to one thing eventually.

Which is why I feel it's important for as many people as possible to keep a rational head on. I'm fully in support of people who decide not to go for whatever reason they choose - but some of those people could definitely be swayed by their peers not having a meltdown.

Totally agree - in fact, I have told my missus she is going to BP with me whether she likes it or not on Boxing Day because we need the support. I`m also working on my son-in-law who is here for the festive period (and he's a Huddersfield fan!).

Come on supporters - now is the time when your team TRULY needs you.

Looks like Matt Chambers agrees there should be a refund and as for Paddy Kenny walking straight down the tunnel just send him back. http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/89531/you-shamed-a-great-club

Quite like Matt Chambers reports but think he's let himself down with that one! Particularly like the idea it's ok for a parent to screw up Christmas for a family if we take a point or more out of a game, but if we get hammered it's obscene. The performance shaming a 119 year old club is just a cheap shot at MK Dons lack of history, and a really limp one, just increases the level of melodrama and self-pity. This refund idea is ridiculous. Every now and then I have days at work when I think (and say) i'd have achieved more if I stayed in bed, sure the players and management are thinking that, and when he calms down Matt will probably be thinking that too.

Isnt it his job to say it as he sees it ? How was he supposed to report it ? He has hardly sensationalised anything it did actually happen hats off to him for his fair and honest appraisal, if the players are not comfortable with it so be it they need to pull their socks up get on with it and remember what they are paid to do, anyone who compares it to their own day job is deluded, turn up for 90 minutes on Saturday afternoon and try to apply yourself is it really that difficult ?