• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And neither should you just as I don't give two hoots about about what you sat through today. Look on the brightside at least at this time of year it won't be long before Santa brings you a new dummy to replace the one you've just spat out.

Every cloud has a silver lining then, although any dummies probably need sending in to the club think the players spat theirs out today

I understand how someone would feel robbed after paying hard earned cash to watch your team put in a gutless performance and get stuffed 7-0. But the reality is that the money from the gate receipts went to the home team.

We hear a lot about how the "product on the pitch" needs to improve to get more fans in etc. But as someone else has mentioned you pay money to watch a game of Football. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to see your team win. You can question the players commitment but the only person who can justify the effort of an individual is the individual themselves.

I understand how someone would feel robbed after paying hard earned cash to watch your team put in a gutless performance and get stuffed 7-0. But the reality is that the money from the gate receipts went to the home team.

We hear a lot about how the "product on the pitch" needs to improve to get more fans in etc. But as someone else has mentioned you pay money to watch a game of Football. That doesn't mean you're guaranteed to see your team win. You can question the players commitment but the only person who can justify the effort of an individual is the individual themselves.

True Tommy, I'm trying to think of how many goals I've seen the Latics concede in my lifetime, probably about 3,000, I remember all the good ones we scored though.

Ffs sake. You chose to go to a game of football. Yes you work hard for your money and no-one is questioning that and at the same time no-one is questioning or telling you how to spend it. You decided that you would go and watch a game of football which is exactly what you got to do, so what exactly do you want a refund for? You cant claim under the sale of goods act as there are no grounds there that I can see. I can only think this is a wind up as no-one would be daft enough to actually think they could get a refund because their team lost a game of football. Guess what its division three football so from time to time the division three football team we support will lose games. There maybe occasions where, believe it or not, we play worse than we did today but not concede as many, or may not even lose and that is how football works. You win some, you lose some but at the end of it all, going to the match is a choice. If you are not happy, then dont go and save yourself many £s a week. Feel free to disagree.

Can some explain the Athleticos to me again please?

Support and back the team no matter what unless we get beat badly?

I love the way I've read post after post of how wonderful it is and to an extent it is but everytime we get beat which is not often the leader is the first to bitch on here. To demand refunds because you believe this defeat was to bad is ridiculous!

Anybody wanting or demanding anything because their team lost by no matter what score is a.....

What happens if we win 7-0? Do you pay extra.

And how many times do you point out that you went and someone didn't to justify your moan. I was flying back from holiday at the time however I stopped paying for away games that I deem too far away 10 years ago. I'm not a superfan however if we get beat in the next 2 I won't stop going like you have threatened to you complete.......superfan

Edited by palmer1

Plenty if bandwagon jumping here.

We've got pages of people ranting on other threads yet on this one..... You're allowed to be critical - unless you're an Athletico.

Talk about waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Young football fan mentions money-back request, after team of professionals throws in the towel on 50mins, shock!!!

And to be honest there is a point in there. For that wasn't just a beating. Not just a result that comes about just like a 3-0 win at your rivals can. Look at the goals. That was our team and players just not bothering to try little over halfway into a match.

It was an absolute disgrace, by well-paid professionals, that made a complete mockery of our excellent away support this season and all the efforts ppl have made, Athleticos included, to drum up some positivity.

So stop getting high and mighty over a young fan (it's lucky they support us at all given they've only ever seen L1 dross) venting a bit of frustration when everyone else has been doing, free of mockery, on other threads.

Grow up and give them a break.

Can some explain the Athleticos to me again please?

Support and back the team no matter what unless we get beat badly?

I love the way I've read post after post of how wonderful it is and to an extent it is but everytime we get beat which is not often the leader is the first to bitch on here. To demand refunds because you believe this defeat was to bad is ridiculous!

Anybody wanting or demanding anything because their team lost by no matter what score is a.....

What happens if we win 7-0? Do you pay extra.

And how many times do you point out that you went and someone didn't to justify your moan. I was flying back from holiday at the time however I stopped paying for away games that I deem too far away 10 years ago. I'm not a superfan however if we get beat in the next 2 I won't stop going like you have threatened to you complete.......superfan

Go give your head a wobble

Plenty if bandwagon jumping here.

We've got pages of people ranting on other threads yet on this one..... You're allowed to be critical - unless you're an Athletico.

Talk about waiting for the opportunity to strike.

Young football fan mentions money-back request, after team of professionals throws in the towel on 50mins, shock!!!

And to be honest there is a point in there. For that wasn't just a beating. Not just a result that comes about just like a 3-0 win at your rivals can. Look at the goals. That was our team and players just not bothering to try little over halfway into a match.

It was an absolute disgrace, by well-paid professionals, that made a complete mockery of our excellent away support this season and all the efforts ppl have made, Athleticos included, to drum up some positivity.

So stop getting high and mighty over a young fan (it's lucky they support us at all given they've only ever seen L1 dross) venting a bit of frustration when everyone else has been doing, free of mockery, on other threads.

Grow up and give them a break.

This for me - I went yesterday and the support from the group of Athleticos at the front of the stand was superb.

Oh, and if there are any refunds going then I'm in...

As for the rest on here who think its acceptable crack on, I wont part with a penny more of my hard earned for players who frankly are not even fit to wear the shirt, they should be ashamed to pick up their wages this week, its not about the defeat as Oldham fans we get used to that, itsthe manner of a defeat in a game in which plenty of them had somthing to prove they literally didnt turn up and in effect give up, now all you who didnt go have your little dig im no super fan, but when I see players not even making an effort im gonna say it as it is they were an embaressment to the club yesterday, as for giving them till the flertwood game on the back of that I may not even bother going boxing day thats how bad they really where.

Im no leader and ive got tickets up till the Fleetwood game if the attitude of the players doesnt change that will be it for me, its not letting off steam its saying it as it is I dont give two hoots whose sat through what over the years I work hard for my money but wont keep parting with it to watch players who putting it bluntly dont give a :censored:, if people wanna put up with that its fine but for me I will give it a miss and leave you to it.

:censored: me, some ultra you are.

The reaction is totally understandable, aside from the daft refund idea. The season is by no means over but :censored: like Bradford have overtaken us and we're a draw away from merging into mid table again. The unbeaten run talk exaggerated optimism perhaps above what was realistic so it's easy to see why fans have been hit so hard by these two defeats.

That's not to in any way validate those disgraceful performances. We're probably just not as good as we hyped; the away record against the top 11 showing that we don't have that edge to go on and win matches. We aren't good enough to get top 6, probably not even top 8 without a decent striker.

That's more a general view than one just accounting for the unconditional support the Athleticos will supposedly give.

Edited by NewBlue

As for the rest on here who think its acceptable crack on, I wont part with a penny more of my hard earned for players who frankly are not even fit to wear the shirt, they should be ashamed to pick up their wages this week, its not about the defeat as Oldham fans we get used to that, itsthe manner of a defeat in a game in which plenty of them had somthing to prove they literally didnt turn up and in effect give up, now all you who didnt go have your little dig im no super fan, but when I see players not even making an effort im gonna say it as it is they were an embaressment to the club yesterday, as for giving them till the flertwood game on the back of that I may not even bother going boxing day thats how bad they really where.

Two games mate. Two :censored:ing games. Grow the :censored: up you girl.