• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the rest on here who think its acceptable crack on, I wont part with a penny more of my hard earned for players who frankly are not even fit to wear the shirt, they should be ashamed to pick up their wages this week, its not about the defeat as Oldham fans we get used to that, itsthe manner of a defeat in a game in which plenty of them had somthing to prove they literally didnt turn up and in effect give up, now all you who didnt go have your little dig im no super fan, but when I see players not even making an effort im gonna say it as it is they were an embaressment to the club yesterday, as for giving them till the flertwood game on the back of that I may not even bother going boxing day thats how bad they really where.

Well to kill two birds with one stone, can I have your Fleetwood tickets?

Every cloud has a silver lining then, although any dummies probably need sending in to the club think the players spat theirs out today

Dare I suggest that you and your group at the front trying to get a whole stand to sing

'We've come a long way for f*ck all' followed by

'This is embarrassing' followed by

'We want our money back'

Might also be described as 'spitting your dummy out'. The Athelticos have done a lot for improving atmospheres this season but taking the praise when it goes well includes recognising a responsibility to not try and stir a toxic negative atmosphere when things are going badly.

Ah but, of course, it's just people who stand near you who sing negative songs. Not ALL the people stood at the front. I guess the guy who ran 10-15 yards across a row of seats to abuse James Wilson at the end was also someone who 'stands nearby'...

That's the thing. It's a game. You win some you lose some. The fun is that you don't know the outcome when you pay your £20. If we'd won 7-0 would you offer the club more money for giving you additional entertainment?

I like your logic, job in PR beckons for you I think, if you expect any fan to clap that shower of :censored: off yesterday and not vent frustration your in need of help I stand by what ive said and I agree 100% with any fan who had words with any player yesterday, just out of curiosity what did you expect fans to do then ? Dont blame the fans for the toxic atmosphere blame the oneson the pitch who pulled on a blue shirt and didnt give a :censored:.

I like your logic, job in PR beckons for you I think, if you expect any fan to clap that shower of :censored: off yesterday and not vent frustration your in need of help I stand by what ive said and I agree 100% with any fan who had words with any player yesterday, just out of curiosity what did you expect fans to do then ? Dont blame the fans for the toxic atmosphere blame the oneson the pitch who pulled on a blue shirt and didnt give a :censored:.

But it goes against everything you said the ath:censored:ingleticos stood for. Don't you get that?

Oh I get it but what bit about this being my personal opinion dont you get then ? Its a username not the groups account Im pretty sure the usernames on here of ex players on here dont represent their views, I know the names current but even you can get it surely ?

Your name posted the positive messages about always being behind the team.

Your name is now posting something different.

That's what I get.

Maybe I've missed the point. I certainly think you have.

What because I said the team didnt turn up yesterday ? are you disputing that, I have managed every game this season I think we have won two away so its not like I get giddy every time we play bad, I know we are small fry in a league of biggish spenders and generally I dont expect much from a day out but yesterday I felt robbed and cheated, Ive yet to read any positives from the game yesterday so if you want to make it an athleticos thing fine, the team have had all the backing they could of asked for this season if theyve had a bit of grief for yesterday so be it you have to draw the line somewhere and for me the players yesterday went past it.

Edited by athleticosOA95

Totally agree with oa95, their should be some refund off the players after that gutless act,Sunderland players did it after the spanking they got off Southampton,our players at the moment don't seem to give a :censored:,as LJ said last week after Yeovil non of the players was apologetic!!

No.

You're either a cretin or deliberately avoiding the contractions in your various posts.

I'll let others decide. I'm out.

I think its you who pick the bits out you want, you probably wasnt even there and wouldnt have heard the backing the team got till it got to 4 or 5, I have supported getting behind the team 100% bit surely your not advocating we clap them off when they have give up ? Edited by athleticosOA95

At the final whistle I sat totally still. Shocked at what we had all seen. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

As LJ got to the front of the stand I clapped.

It takes balls from him to come and apologise. It takes balls for players to come over and clap the fans despite what they served up. When you've had a bad day, it makes you feel better and ready for another day when people encourage you. They've another game on Friday. They need encouragement not abuse.

Edited by latic12345

At the final whistle I sat totally still. Shocked at what we had all seen. I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

It takes balls from him to come and apologise. It takes balls for players to come over and clap the fans despite what they served up. When you've had a bad day, it makes you feel better and ready for another day when people encourage you. They've another game on Friday. They need encouragement not abuse.

I respect you for that and fair play Id say you were in a very small minority though. Staying behind and clapping them off against Yeovil was enough for me, It was hard enough writing that off but I made excuses for it, I just really struggled to comprehend yesterday it just didnt make sense.

The one I felt sorry for was James Wilson. He was the only player who ventured further than the penalty spot(ish)...he had the the balls to turn back round as he went to walk away to listen to a fan...and got roundly abused.

Exactly like the poster a couple above, I couldn't help but applaud LJ, who fronted up whilst clearly in as much shock as the rest of us. Wilson, who had an admittedly poor game in a superb season individually, did similar and was slated.

How that helps him and us move forward, god only knows!! We do have the right as fans to give the players pelters, but to give it to the one player who came across (bar Elokobi) to a close range made no sense to me at all.

Edited by whitey1980

Not expecting a refund but appreciate the sentiment as it really was very bloody awful yesterday.

Only the second time I've left a Latics game early, and the other was at the same ground (the 6-2).

Me and my mate were walking back to our seats when the 3rd went in. We turned round and went straight back to the bar until they closed it.

The rest of the game is just a depressing blur.

Agree with all of the above,yesterday was :censored:, the worst i've seen in nearly 40 years, but what is needed, as LJ has said in in his interview is unity, we all need to pull together. granted yesterday was not good, but lets remember we are still within touching distance of the play offs and this time last year we were in a a much worse position. Yes we have played 180 minutes of utter :censored:e football, and conceded a goal nearly every fifteen minutes, but lets not forget the rest of the season where for the first time in years we have been looking towards the right end of the table, I honestly think that LJ has found the last two games hard and taken the :censored: performances personally, but as mentioned above he got my respect by coming over and apologizing, as for the players I honestly thought they were scared of coming over because of the response they would get. Anyway the next game on boxing day becomes the most important for years, the Club, LJ and more importantly the 11 players on the pitch all need our support. Yesterday (even though it was the worst performance in nearly 40 years (in my opinion) ) is history, and we ALL must look forward KTF.

Totally agree with oa95, their should be some refund off the players after that gutless act,Sunderland players did it after the spanking they got off Southampton,our players at the moment don't seem to give a :censored:,as LJ said last week after Yeovil non of the players was apologetic!!

A great point bringing up the Sunderland situation and one which hopefully allows us to keep some perspective. Yesterday's was a baffling result, much like Southampton 8-0 Sunderland and shouldn't happen between teams of a similar level...but it does. Sunderlands performance that day was disgraceful and all the usual accusations followed, but it hasn't happened again since. And they've drawn with Chelsea, Liverpool and avoided defeat away since that hammering. Hopefully we can regroup as well.

Edited by Channel M

What because I said the team didnt turn up yesterday ? are you disputing that, I have managed every game this season I think we have won two away so its not like I get giddy every time we play bad, I know we are small fry in a league of biggish spenders and generally I dont expect much from a day out but yesterday I felt robbed and cheated, Ive yet to read any positives from the game yesterday so if you want to make it an athleticos thing fine, the team have had all the backing they could of asked for this season if theyve had a bit of grief for yesterday so be it you have to draw the line somewhere and for me the players yesterday went past it.

I don't think anyone is questioning your opinion on the game.

I didn't go, but I have seen some awful games in the past. Cardiff at home a few years back is one, near the end of the season between two Play-Off contenders and we were absolutely awful. Oxford away in the season we won the Championship to get promoted, shipped in 5.

No matter how bad the game or the scoreline, I am a stay to the end-er (if only to boo them off sometimes). I also respect others who think that they have had enough and head off to the pub (as may mate did 0-3 down to Peterborough last season).

Every supporter of every club knows the feeling of hurt, embarrassment and disappointment that follows a humiliating scoreline.

What I think is attracting a strong sense of disagreement with your opinions are two things:

(1) A refund. Generally I think this is a ridiculous idea, that prior to the Sunderland issue would have not been raised. Think that they set a stupid precedent. As others have said, you got what you paid for, a game of football with a legitmate result.

Live entertainment, particularly sport, is a less certain way to spend your hard-earned cash if you want a guarantee of quality. Live bands can be awful, sport can let you down, theatre can go wrong (seen people forget lines etc).....

If you want certainty go to the cinema.

(2) The second, and I think bigger issue you have raised, is that threat of giving up watching the team because of a catastrophic result.

I understand the emotions that immediately follow a game like this, and am sure that many supporters utter similar threats in the heat of the moment.

But they are almost always empty threats.

The big thing about being a football supporter, particularly of a relatively poor and unsuccessful team, is that you are dedicated. You still go no matter what, through thick and mostly thin. Many people on this board, and at Latics in general, take pride in the fact that they do support a 'real' team, and have shown dedication. Seasons and seasons of dire football, with relegation battles more prevalent than promotion pushes, build a sense of character.

The Athleticos in my opinion have been a massive boost to the club. The noise and atmosphere maintained throughout the games is having an impact on the team and the experience of going to the games. The group appear to embody the 'die-hard' support that many Latics fans are proud of.

For one of their group to then go on the forums and threaten to stop going because we have been poor recently, topped by an embarrassment on Saturday - is hugely disappointing and contrary to everything the majority of fans feel about supporting our club. Especially, when despite that, we are in one of the better league positions we have been for a good few years.

We have been in far worse states in the past.

In regards to the result. Perhaps a 7-0 will do more good in the long term than a 3 or 4 nil. Teams can be galvanised by such a performance in the long term. But then I might be grasping at straws,

I see a re-branding

Athleticos Ultra Lite...

Seriously, you have been a power of good, don't let a couple of (bad) defeats set you back, be more determined to support and lift the team.

The team and the fans need to see leadership.

Edited by singe

The Athleticos will continue much the same as the club does I willl still support both whats the problem with me not attending games there are more fans that dont go than attend but still check the results, I am a fan but im also a customer maybe im at a stage when the money I spend following the team cant be justifyed maybe I shouldnt of shared it on here but thats where im at.

Edited by athleticosOA95