Oldham 1 Crewe 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets throw the towel in now and not bother with the rest of season shall we? Or we can try and get behind them and give it a good go this season! Cos were all fed up of watching the same :censored: every year and listening to the same boring twats moan after every defeat. Thats why alot of people including me are trying to be positive. Were 3 points off the playoffs for :censored:s sake.

To be fair the fans did get behind the team today.

Im generally more 'half full' than 'half empty' but the last few weeks (since the run ended at Bristol) have become very worrying.

Some very strange decisions made, odd team selections etc etc. A good example is tidser....i think a lot of us felt he could have come in for the yeovil game in order to keep shape but was left out. After being told he wouldn't be kept after his spell, we put him back in the team!!

Forte had an outstanding start to the season on the left....he's not played there for weeks

We're consistently tinkering with the side when its not needed. Playera like kusunga, jones, elokbi and dieng playing in differing positions every week.

Today was a poor result, we need to be having a go at teams like this but we're too slow in the build up. We allow too much time for banks of 4/5 to be set up and we have no one at the moment to break teams down...

Johnson needs to look at himself for the last few weeks im afraid but...im still behind hik and any top half finish is a bonus.

Lot of effort and loads of shots on target but bar one they all went straight to their goalkeeper. That and the substitutions of Forte and Philly for Johnson and Morgan-Smith did for us. Should have taken either B Wilson or Mills and Tidser off with Philly dropping back and Forte going on the wing from which position he has scored most goals.

It is all very well trying to be positive but if we lose on Monday night we will be looking over our shoulders rather than dreaming of the playoffs when we play Doncaster.

Haven't read all the posts, but;

- A match against the team bottom of the table with nothing to lose was probably the worst fixture we could have had after the last two league games.

- Not sure what the catalyst was for our woeful form, but it has obviously done a lot of damage to team spirit.

- I would say, in spite of all the expectation about today's game, we are nearer to the team that lost once in sixteen today than we were last weekend.

- I don't think it's a coincidence that the "improvement" happened just after Paddy Kenny left.

- We should build the team around Mills, Elokobi, Winchester, Kelly, Philliskirk and Forte.

- Maintain we should cash in on James Wilson. Probably our best defender on his day, but that's only any use to us if he has the right attitude...and I don't think he does.

- LJ will sort it out.

Edited by JoeP

Our best run involved Kelly, Jones and Winchester in midfield.

Winchester will clearly never convince some.

And some think that Winchester is the saviour of the club and when the January sales come around, we can sell him for big money!!!

Emporer's new clothes from where I'm sitting.

No chance, he'll go on a free at the end of a season.

On the basis of yesterday?

MOM for me. All our good stuff came through him or mills. When LJ put him in the centre for 5 minutes either side of the sending off he was superb! Through ball for Forte was class.

Whoever picks him up for free in the summer is on to a good thing. LJ needs to start treating him right.

On a side note. Why is LJ missing the obvious with D.Mellor? Plays Tidser, who is off, when he has a potentially cracking holding player in Mellor.

MOM for me. All our good stuff came through him or mills. When LJ put him in the centre for 5 minutes either side of the sending off he was superb! Through ball for Forte was class.

Whoever picks him up for free in the summer is on to a good thing. LJ needs to start treating him right.

On a side note. Why is LJ missing the obvious with D.Mellor? Plays Tidser, who is off, when he has a potentially cracking holding player in Mellor.

Because he can't run.

Yep, another in the 'want it to work, but just dont see it' camp re: Mellor.

Nothing better than one of your own breaking through and going on to hold down a spot.

But only if they're good enough to. And IMO, Mellor isn't.

If he still wants to be a professional footballer, I think he needs a move away this Jan window. To League 2 bottom end (Tranmere anyone?) or top half Vanarama. But, he's so not the answer for us: and again, I base this not just on a whim; but on seeing Mellor play plenty enough games to form my opinion...

I agree with all of that, but clubs will wait until the summer when he's out of contract and pick up a very good player for free.

We needed a goal in the first half an hour, when we were battering them. It would have calmed us down and we would have won comfortably.

Forte has to go left wing for me. He's not been nearly as effective up top, teams drop deep, and his touch and technical ability isn't good enough to play in front of the defence.

Not seen it again, but Rachubka looked very much in no mans land. Granted, a top finish, but Rachubka should not have given him the opportunity.

We've lost the last three games, dropped 9 points but still reside in 11th position and remain just 3 points off a play-off position. This league must be shockingly :censored:e this season.

Johnson needs to dig deep and get this extremely poor run of form out of our system quickly.

Time to shuffle the pack from next week too - keep Daniel Johnson, play him in his best position to allow him to pull the strings and let his arrogance shine in our play. Get a poacher in on loan, ship out Ibehre to pave the way and kickstart the end of season run-in.

We've lost the last three games, dropped 9 points but still reside in 11th position and remain just 3 points off a play-off position. This league must be shockingly :censored:e this season.

I agree with your whole post other than the quoted section - how do you work that one out? Is it not just a case of we've been pretty good for a prolonged period?

From what I've seen, the quality of the league this year is much improved on previous years. Teams like Chesterfield, Peterborough and Barnsley outside the play offs goes to show its strength.

I agree with your whole post other than the quoted section - how do you work that one out? Is it not just a case of we've been pretty good for a prolonged period?

From what I've seen, the quality of the league this year is much improved on previous years. Teams like Chesterfield, Peterborough and Barnsley outside the play offs goes to show its strength.

Exactly.

A quick look at the goal differences tells you there are a lot of very evenly matched teams, everyone all the way down to Coventry in 19th will think they can still have a go at the playoffs, and everyone from 7th placed Rochdale down has still got work to do to stay out of the bottom 4, should be a thrilling and tense second half of the season.

I am still trying to see what Crewe's penalty was for, Mills was fouled unintentionally but fouled. Ref and linesman missed shirt pulling even when there was daylight between the player being fouled and the fouler. Frankly it was Latics' inability to put the ball in the net yesterday that cost us the game, in that we then left it to chance, relying on the officials to do their job to get something out of the game.

Two things, firstly the team must be masters of their own destiny and put the ball in the net three or four times a game to ensure they win. We lost yesterday because we couldn't do this

Secondly the officials in the English game are inept, they are substandard at premier league level and get worse as this filters down the leagues. Fourth Tier officials get £400 + per game. Ours get more, frankly they are not earning it and are not worth it. The whole officiating body and system needs ripping up and a new process to get competent officials in implemented as frankly they are a danger to the game?