Striker a priority

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people suggesting Taylor isn't good enough for us? Fold the club now. Dayton and Tidser are getting game time. I think Chris Taylor might just get ahead of those two fruits. Look at the players keeping Taylor out of the rovers side. He played nearly 40 games last season.

As for a striker whoever paid cash money for Biggie Poleon should be made to personally find someone as thick as them sell him. We might then have some cash to bring in another 'gamble'.

Plenty never rated Taylor that much - particularly towards the end - flattered to deceive. Hard tackle him - nowhere to be seen ever again. Honestly do not think he would improve us now - his pace was once an asset - he lost that and looked a very ordinary player.

If he does come back - let's see - hope I am completely wrong.

Honestly do not think he would improve us now - his pace was once an asset - he lost that and looked a very ordinary player.

He has spent the last how many seasons in the championship? I think he may still be a touch better than the current crop.

I think people expected too much and he was burnt out. Would love to see him back. If he wasn't an oldham lad he'd not have got half the stick.

I'd guarantee he produce more than Dayton, Tidser, Mellor, Poleon and Ibhere would all together in a full season.

Please please please don't forget James Dayton plays for us. I help pay his wages. I hate myself for that.

Definitely not! All about opinions football. When he went, I said he'd never do anything after Latics - and he certainly won't do anything for us now - lightweight and too easily bullied - always was but his pace got him away from people for a while.

Sorry, are you talking about Chris Taylor there?

Never do anything after leaving Latics? And wouldn't inprove us if he were to join?

Really?

Well. Where to start in correcting you on the errors of your post. Where. To. Start...

Never do anything after leaving Latics? And wouldn't inprove us if he were to join?

Really?

Well. Where to start in correcting you on the errors of your post. Where. To. Start...

To be fair anyone playing nearly 40 games for Blackburn last year is hardly going to get into our side are they?

Remember James Dayton plays for us.

Really?

He's clearly the resident Christmas troll, I'm pretty bored so don't mind having a little nibble back.

He's clearly the resident Christmas troll, I'm pretty bored so don't mind having a little nibble back.

"Alan" has certainly started to mix it up on here since his arrival.

I'd go further in saying some stuff, but - i don't want him to accuse me of bullying him; my fragile little emotions wouldnt be able to take it again...

Ajose is on loan from the Circus, AKA Leeds Utd isn't he?

Was it a 6month loan to Crewe; so therefore is it up at the start of January?

If it is, yep, i'd agree - would be a decent signing if the right terms could be agreed.

With all we have left, think it's possibly time for the now-fit Amari Morgan-Smith to be given a little run up top and see how he does...

Don't know what you mean by 'mix it up' - simply giving my opinion as a Latics fan of many years - and I don't particularly rate Chris Taylor - big deal.

I bet your first choice full back was Kelvin Lomax?

':censored:in ell Taylor'

':censored:in ell Eardley'

Ajose was trying to get a move here on loan, best mates with Mike Jones, manager didnt rate him apparently, maybe he was out to prove a point Boxing Day ?

All managers make mistakes, they aren't as perfect as some think, sometimes fans are right and managers wrong, the difference is though unlike fans their livelihood depends on their decisions.

I can't believe some of the rubbish spouted on here

Chris Taylor release by millwall, no they offered him new terms and he doubled his money at Blackburn and he could move back home

Forte is not a striker, he doesn't make the runs of a striker, he is a winger nothing more nothing less.

If we don't sign a striker who can finish we will be in the bottom half, we have defended well away from home and that's allowed us to pick up valuable points using forte pace on the counter attack, now teams sit back we are screwed

I can't believe some of the rubbish spouted on here

Chris Taylor release by millwall, no they offered him new terms and he doubled his money at Blackburn and he could move back home

Forte is not a striker, he doesn't make the runs of a striker, he is a winger nothing more nothing less.

If we don't sign a striker who can finish we will be in the bottom half, we have defended well away from home and that's allowed us to pick up valuable points using forte pace on the counter attack, now teams sit back we are screwed