inspection vs Barnsley - GAME OFF

From a "glass half full" point of view, the break might give us more time to sort out the issues in the camp, with an extra three points to play for - the reverse of what happened when we were flying under Dickov a few seasons back and had an unscheduled winter break..

Statements says player safety, although undersoil heating has done it's job, the sub-zero temps tonight's will freeze the bugger pre-ko.

I know people have forked out and all but it might be the break we need to regroup, get injured players fit and kick on.

Plus, I didn't fancy freezing my ass off in -5 tonight either

Suits us really. Very poor form and it'd be pretty treacherous for our fans to travel over the Pennines in this weather. Hopefully a few more will travel when our form and climate improves.

That said our next fixture is against Donny at home, who have a really good away record - unbeaten in 8 away.

Edited by NewBlue

Statements says player safety, although undersoil heating has done it's job, the sub-zero temps tonight's will freeze the bugger pre-ko.

I know people have forked out and all but it might be the break we need to regroup, get injured players fit and kick on.

Plus, I didn't fancy freezing my ass off in -5 tonight either

How about if we rearrange it and play it in Mallorca? B)

every time we have a game called off some go over the top because their trip out has to be re - arranged, have Barnsley called the game off?

if it was the pitch then surley its the match referee or an FA representive who doesnt care if it suits Barnsley or not.

if it was due to frozen surrounding areas then it will have been done under police advise.

5 losses on the bounce now 2 weeks to sort it out, mini pre season if you like. Could be the best thing that happens to us this season. Feel fresh and maybe new faces in before the 10th.

Big Picture...

Edited by palmer1

Absolute blessing in disguise - bet LJ has been praying to the weather gods to get this one called off. Now got some time to conduct a proper (and private) inquest into what the hell has gone on lately - and sort it out. Here's hoping the enforced break puts the straight run of December defeats to bed.

With Latics next game not until 10th Jan at the earliest, I am trying to get support for #LaticsLocal to support a local league team.

Oldham Boro play Atherton Coll. at Seel Park, Mossley. Mossley also benefit, from the bar takings so a decent crowd should boost coffers for both. I an aiming high, a total annual attendance for Boro in one game.

Please support it.

3rd Jan 2015 Oldham Boro v Atherton Coll. Seel Park, Mossley.