An epicshambles

OAFC shambles-who to blame  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the shambles we find ourselves in over the signing of Ched Evans

• Simon Corney. He should have the final say cost wise, but should have called it off luch earlier. Is he even in the UK during this disaster?
    • Barry Owen. He has either offered to be involved in negotiations, after his Lee Hughes input, or has been told to be. His first loyalty is a fans rep, not a Director. He should be saying it is harming the fan base.
    • Neil Joy. Commercially it is disaster. He needs to show leadership and say enough is enough.
    • Lee Johnson. "It is up to the Board". Either he requested the signing, and that makes a mockery of his "Due Dilligence quote and disrupting the team, a lie if you will. Or it is being forced onto to him, the spineless chump.
    • All 4 of the Above. They are all up to their sorry necks in it. For a 4th day. And none have had the balls to call it off. No respect for any of them. They should all go.

Lee Johnson wants Evans, course he does otherwise it wouldn't have gone this far.

Lee Johnson is more important to us than a convicted rapist who hasn't kicked a ball proffesionally for 2 1/2 years is.

Lee Johnson would have been the first person they asked when Evans became available.

(heck he might have even asked for his signature, but I doubt that)

If he was against the signing of Ched, the club would have pulled out by now, or LJ would have walked by now. Simple.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Johnson wants Evans, course he does otherwise it wouldn't have gone this far.

Lee Johnson is more important to us than a convicted rapist who hasn't kicked a ball proffesionally for 2 1/2 years is.

Lee Johnson would have been the first person they asked when Evans became available.

If he was against the signing of Ched, the club would have pulled out by now, or LJ would have walked by now. Simple.

LJ could be waiting to see th outcome. Why walk before a decision has been taken?

'So Mr Johnson, why did you leave latics?'

LJ: becuase they were going to sign a rapist

'They didn't'

LJ: I know

*akward silence*

LJ: I could sign us Dayton, Gros and Noble tomorrow.

'Get out'

100%. Which is the biggest disappointment in all this.

That would be the sensible thing to do...so the chance they did ask him is pretty minimal.

if they didn't, he would have and should have walked. Due diligenece my arse. The fact he didn't says all you need to know. Morally corrupt, or spineless manager we have. Edited by singe

Think you have mentioned that about fifty times we know you dont like the manager, what will changing the boss acheive then ?

IMO, I would have thought he wouldn't be around much longer anyway, the club could look at appointing Graham Rix to discuss things past with Evans.

Think you have mentioned that about fifty times we know you dont like the manager, what will changing the boss acheive then ?

Very little it's true, the board will have to appoint some other spineless sap to ensure he plays.

That is why I think the Board and the Manager have :censored:ed this club over.

I might have read the situation wrong but I don't think LJ is at fault. If he has expressed his opinion - as was reported by one of the nationals - within the club that he's against signing Evans then why on earth is he at fault? He's been done over more than any of us have. He may indeed walk or maybe he wont - would you just walk out of your job into an uncertain future if your firm employed a convicted rapist? Not such an easy decision to make, I'm guessing the majority of us would do no such thing.

I agree that it all went wrong but that is because it should have been signed up one way or another and then made public. Too many people leaked.

I don't however agree with any of the options put forward.

I think it has been dealt with in a sensible way since in that by now the Board know who is for and who is against.

I might have read the situation wrong but I don't think LJ is at fault. If he has expressed his opinion - as was reported by one of the nationals - within the club that he's against signing Evans then why on earth is he at fault? He's been done over more than any of us have. He may indeed walk or maybe he wont - would you just walk out of your job into an uncertain future if your firm employed a convicted rapist? Not such an easy decision to make, I'm guessing the majority of us would do no such thing.

I do see it differently. And there is a crucial difference. It is for two reasons. 1) Due diligence and not employing players who will dusrupt the team and he said he to camera " I respect that for everyone. It's a board decision... Whatever the board decides I will be a part of" So I think he is wants the player anyway.

But, if he is against the signing, most managers would walk-Boardroom interference and all that. He is, by being here, accepting that that he is not in control of squad or even the team.

Given Corney's record of buying and selling for each manager I doubt he forces the manager who to play, but he may.

LJ would have gone with his head held high.

LJ is not a poor man, he has a reasonable career and made significant oney. He also has a working wife who is respected in her field. And he reported andallowed his house to be featured in a magazine he made a significant sum on his house sale. . Now we are signing Evans he will find it more difficult to get a job.

As to would you give up your job if your firm employed a rapist, most of us cannot afford to just walk. He can (albeit might not want to)

Further, he is not just working for a company that employed one, he is being asked to managed one. And in a team of 30 people or so many of whom will be very unhappy about it and can walk at any time, and show malicioius disobedience during work time too.

I read that he was behind the move but wavered following the response back in December.