What Can The Fans Possibly Do? Focus On Saturday V Doncaster (H)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly did you get a reply from Corney, just that a friend of my lads sent him an e-mail saying he would back him, and he got a reply thanking him.

Emails sent to Corney, Joy, and Johnson.

No replies.

I got the Post Master delievered and read receipts though.

I didn't write the emails for replies anyway, it was simply so they could read my own, individual view point and opinion; I wasn't pertaining to speaking for anyone else other than myself.

I think its important everyone respects one another's stance on this situation.

It is clear to see the signing of Ched Evans has split opinion not only within our small fan base but also nationally.

If one wishes never to attend a game again it is their prerogative to do so, same as if this signing doesn't affect your attendance.

Go on then I'm interested to know how they gauged this opinion?

You said in an earlier post "A club that don't respect or care about the opinions of its own." How is this true? When it's quite clearly split and a lot of fans want him signed? So they are clearly respecting the opinions of "some" of their own. If you don't like the decision fair enough but to say the club have disregarded and don't respect opinions of their own is nonsense when it's an issue that has split opinions.

You said in an earlier post "A club that don't respect or care about the opinions of its own." How is this true? When it's quite clearly split and a lot of fans want him signed? So they are clearly respecting the opinions of "some" of their own. If you don't like the decision fair enough but to say the club have disregarded and don't respect opinions of their own is nonsense when it's an issue that has split opinions.

I doubt any of our supporters who are in support of CE coming would have to have their own personal moral decision to make had we not signed him. That is where the difference lies

my first latics game was against Hull in 3rd division north. I have followed the club through thick and thin (seeing them when possible - I now live in Brighton)

but cannot see how this signing can be anything but disastrous.

Apart from the public furore - and my wife is incandescent about it, refusing now to buy my annual birthday present of a subscription to Latics Player

- he's miles off being match fit so, even if he delivers, it won't be very soon

-there is huge potential for dressing room upset (at least some players will be uncomfortable and others are likely to have there wives on their back)

- where does this leave the authority of the manager? football has recently been riddled with too heavy owner interference -never to good effect

- what will be the effect on the players when the team is consistently booed.

- are our fans at away game liable to be abused?

- this must reduce our chances of attracting new players - let alone fans

- how does Tony Philliskirk feel being in charge of the academy (where he has done such a good job on developing people as well as players)?

- this cannot help further sponsorship

leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the case against Evans THE RISKS ARE JUST TOO GREAT!!!!

sent to the club as royle army suggested

Aaron I completely agree it has split opinion. But at no point has the club asked for opinion on what is a very emotive subject. They've also hinted that they have actually done this in the media. This decision has nothing to do with the fans. Its purely a desperate attempt to gain some money further down the line. I've got nowt against you, you're entitled to your opinion but don't try and say the club have taken the good people who have been supporting the club over the last 10+ horrible years thoughts into consideration.

I will be there Saturday but I won't be taking my 9 year old son as I don't think a football game is the place to be explaining what a rapist is.

I feel for you. Terrible postion to be put in. And I don't think some of the chanting would be appropriate for a 9 year old to hear either. I hope a time comes when he can return.

Aaron I completely agree it has split opinion. But at no point has the club asked for opinion on what is a very emotive subject. They've also hinted that they have actually done this in the media. This decision has nothing to do with the fans. Its purely a desperate attempt to gain some money further down the line. I've got nowt against you, you're entitled to your opinion but don't try and say the club have taken the good people who have been supporting the club over the last 10+ horrible years thoughts into consideration.

They haven't, and to be honest I haven't seen where they have hinted that they have in the media. I just didn't see how you had come to the conclusion they have essentially ignored the opinion of the fans when it's split. I also agree this does seem to be a ploy to gain some money down the line (while he is indeed a good player) it has been a hell of a lot to go through to sign a player.

you're entitled to your opinion but don't try and say the club have taken the good people who have been supporting the club over the last 10+ horrible years thoughts into consideration.

I never said they have taken the fans into consideration, but again as it's split opinion it's only angering some. To be honest I follow them here there and everywhere but by them making this signing I'm not taking it personally, I choose to follow them it's not obligatory and will continue to do so.

my first latics game was against Hull in 3rd division north. I have followed the club through thick and thin (seeing them when possible - I now live in Brighton)

but cannot see how this signing can be anything but disastrous.

Apart from the public furore - and my wife is incandescent about it, refusing now to buy my annual birthday present of a subscription to Latics Player

- he's miles off being match fit so, even if he delivers, it won't be very soon

-there is huge potential for dressing room upset (at least some players will be uncomfortable and others are likely to have there wives on their back)

- where does this leave the authority of the manager? football has recently been riddled with too heavy owner interference -never to good effect

- what will be the effect on the players when the team is consistently booed.

- are our fans at away game liable to be abused?

- this must reduce our chances of attracting new players - let alone fans

- how does Tony Philliskirk feel being in charge of the academy (where he has done such a good job on developing people as well as players)?

- this cannot help further sponsorship

leaving aside the rights and wrongs of the case against Evans THE RISKS ARE JUST TOO GREAT!!!!

sent to the club as royle army suggested

Well said Ted.

im not sure many people 'want' him signed... there's a difference between want. and accepting the fact we have nothing to do with the signing and still watching your team.

Far too many are happy/revellingin the fact he has signed for my likiing.

I have never felt this remote from my club, and so much nearer my local non league club.

Edited by singe

And so file hysteria continues!

I just wish you would stop talking for me. It is not what are we going to do but what you are going to do.

I'm going as usual to support my team and I won't do anything or condone anything that is done which will make it more difficult for them to win the game.

If Ched signs and you genuinely after consideration can't live with it stop supporting the club. It is as simple as that - if enough of you boycott the club that would make football sit up and listen.

Saturday home support has ranged from 3500 (Scunthorpe) to 4300 (Bradford). Before Ched I would have expected something in the middle of that without our poor December but think 3750 would still have been possible given the return of Dickov. So lets have a bums on seats vote this Saturday. 3500 wouldn't be good but the club will breath a sigh of relief. Less than 3000 would I think be cause for concern and anything much lower a prelude to league 2. So fellow 'supporters' vote with your feet.

I have never felt this remote from my club, and so much nearer my local non league club.

Somewhat bizarrely I had a run in with my local non league club this week when they took exception to me describing their second half performance as an "utter shambles" It was 0-0 at half-time and they lost 5-0. I think I had a valid point!

I will be there Saturday but I won't be taking my 9 year old son as I don't think a football game is the place to be explaining what a rapist is.

I don't get you. Unless you say to your son "See that man over there? He's a rapist!'', why would you have to explain what one is?

I don't get you. Unless you say to your son "See that man over there? He's a rapist!'', why would you have to explain what one is?

You don't think there'll be anyone singing rapist songs? Even if not our own fans, Rovers fans will.

You don't think there'll be anyone singing rapist songs? Even if not our own fans, Rovers fans will.

So if he signed for another club (eg Port Vale), When we next play Port Vale you wouldn't take your kids incase we sung songs with the words rapist in? Bollocks.

Maybe he'll hear the opposition fans. Maybe he'll overhear our own fans. Maybe his friends at school will take the mick.

I'll be going on Saturday

I'll be sitting in the Main Stand Upper for the first time since I used to go and watch the Reserves (directors seats aside) with the vouchers we used to get in the back of the ST

I will say my piece to Barry Blatter as and when he appears from feeding his face pre match (If he attends)

I will support the team but will not be taking part in applause or celebrations should Evans take to the pitch or score

I may well Boo if he is brought on as a sub

As far as Mr Evans is concerned I only have one thing to say........Break a leg son Break a leg. Does that make me a bad person maybe but at this exact moment I really do feel very bitter

I have already emailed the necessary people at the club and indeed texted Mr Corney to confirm that I am pulling away from an agreement we had made for my company to lease on of the Exec Boxes within the new stand......No Reply

I really am gutted about the whole thing and feel that MY club have been dragged through the mud by people who are looking after their own agenda. I've supported and attended games for 35 years. I feel that I as an individual have not been listened to. Rightly or wrongly I blame our Fans Rep for that

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

I have already emailed the necessary people at the club and indeed texted Mr Corney to confirm that I am pulling away from an agreement we had made for my company to lease on of the Exec Boxes within the new stand......No Reply

To say that the new marketing guy has been utterly shafted must rank as one of the greatest understatements of all time.

So if he signed for another club (eg Port Vale), When we next play Port Vale you wouldn't take your kids incase we sung songs with the words rapist in? Bollocks.

Think you're arguing with the wrong person. I was just explaining that it's likely his son would hear the word rapist being banded about, if not chanted, loudly, throughout the game.