New Trust Directors?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most fans believed the role was about representing the fans as well as making sure due diligence was carried out.

The Club also seems to believe he represents the fans:

"Owen, who is the fans representative on the board,..."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140331-barry-owen-interview-1458341.aspx

It sounds almost like there was a lack of trust?

You would imagined as the idea of signing a convicted rapist, something that is possibly going to bring the club to its knees. The Trust Chairman, fan on the board, FANS REPRESENTATIVE (I ain't accepting that shouldn't be his role), would of gone to his fellow directors to gauge reaction and opinion, working out how the TRUST should respond to an idea of such magnitude, then he should of returned to the board with his / their considered view point.

If that can't / didn't happen... It isn't right... Its just all wrong... What is the point of the Trust if it can't do that... If there isn't the Trust to do that...

Edited by oafc0000

It's how it's been worded from the start. I'm not saying he doesn't represent the fans. Of course he does. He's on the board of directors communicating trust decisions etc which are a result of fans' feedback.

Jenny warburton is actually the 'fans' rep' though. The person you should go with if you have any issues or problems. I agree what your saying about his role but it it's the wording that sometimes muddies things slightly.

I would find it useful is someone could point me towards where the Trust constitution and minutes are located on the site. Is the Trust a registered company or indeed a registered charity. I am happy to assist as best as I can but given I live at the other end of the country I.e. Scotland won't be able to attend in person. If there is to be further group discussions would be good to explore ways for those of us not in the town to be engaged. Hope that the team can now focus on what is their day job and redress the balance with Doncaster.

If Barry isn't the fans rep on the board as Chris has eluded to.....how the hell did he get on the board?

This isn't about the Trust Committee for me as I don't know them or have enough understanding of what they do to form an opinion

Having read far too many posts tonight than is healthy, Lags you do come across as if you want people to come and help the trust but fail spectacularly.......I can understand you may feel some of the posts are a personal attack on you (as I presume you are part of the trust committee) but I think the majority of contributors (not all) are just wanting the trust to work.

This is all about one man and one man alone for me and I have been able to form an opinion through my own experience. He has got to big for his boots, clearly has his own agenda which is to the detriment of the club

It's how it's been worded from the start. I'm not saying he doesn't represent the fans. Of course he does. He's on the board of directors communicating trust decisions etc which are a result of fans' feedback.

Jenny warburton is actually the 'fans' rep' though. The person you should go with if you have any issues or problems. I agree what your saying about his role but it it's the wording that sometimes muddies things slightly.

You just contradicted yourself. I am none the wiser sorry. Is he or is he not there to represent the fans opinions ?

Your suggestion to go to Jenny Warbuton is like my union rep telling me to speak to HR on my own to be frank...

Jenny's 'other job' is Supporter Liaison Officer, rather than 'Fans' Representative', and the Club has a Customer Service Charter, explaining who to contact if not satisfied with the Club's response or lack of response.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/fans/customer-charter/

I'm kind of hoping that isn't a typo...

Nooooooo leave it.....let him have the illusion I'm exciting until disjointed kills it.

I'll take any compliment I can get at my age and has bloody well made my day too...yeah.

However, after seeing just a glimpse of the role as it is, I can't commit to the hours as I have a full time job.

Edited by underdog

Jenny's 'other job' is Supporter Liaison Officer, rather than 'Fans' Representative', and the Club has a Customer Service Charter, explaining who to contact if not satisfied with the Club's response or lack of response.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/fans/customer-charter/

That is very much a far cry from Fans Repersentive...

Oh dear...

The Trust doesn't know itself the current state of play. It needs levelling and rebuilding to be frank. New constitution, everything...

Nooooooo leave it.....let him have the illusion I'm exciting until disjointed kills it.

I'll take any compliment I can get at my age and has bloody well made my day too...yeah.

However, after seeing just a glimpse of the role as it is, I can commit to the hours as I have a full time job.

Did you mean can't?

That is very much a far cry from Fans Repersentive...

Oh dear...

The Trust doesn't know itself the current state of play. It needs levelling and rebuilding to be frank. New constitution, everything...

In all seriousness you should give it a go........come up with a new structure that would allow the trust to run without the need for a number of people to give there lives up for it!

Whilst I know it can't be easy it can be done......

I'm not having that Barry is not the fans' representative on the board. I don't care what the label is - it's been clear for years it's what he is supposed to be for.

Exactly. If he isnt, what is he?

Edited by pukka

Sounds like it's time to understand who does what is roles and responsibilities, sounds horribly like work

Trust Constitution

roles and responsibilities for Trust Officers eg who does what, lines of communication and engagement

As OAFC is a limited company and we have a place on board we should have access to minutes etc including votes etc.....

Am I missing something.

I am sorry but I think the idea of disbanding the Trust is ridiculous-legal documents and agreements are in place that will take many many hours to re-do again.

The way that I see it ST holders are definately members of the Trust free of charge.

Non ST holders can pay £5 to become a member of the trust-with voting rights??????

The members appoint a Board of Directors in number from say 6 to 12.

Either the Board or the Members appoint a Chairman-I believe the members but I can be corrected_C Hill Tracey Lags??????

The Chairman has to be accepted onto the Board of OA(2014)AFC Ltd and invited to Board meetings

Just because 1 buffoon has now moved away from representing the Fans to become a fulltime Board member taking upon himself all that that entails does not make the position a 40 hours per week duty that is only suitable for retired people. The JOB is to represent the Fans and put across their opinions or to go and find out their opinions and then come back and report it.

Do not think that it will be an easy job to completely form a new body with no shares and no entitlements!

I agree. The trust needs a re-think, majorly. Which is the reason i offer to join the board and offer my time. The change is happening, but slowly. We will have a new strategic plan by the next meeting next week. We have limited numbers but loads of work to be done.

And my apologies if i muddied the waters slightly. I was only co-opted in may so still getting to grips with things. In the last meeting i did ask all the directors to write down their roles within the trust and what we saw as their duties. When i have them i will publish them accordingly. Not only will this tell us what everyone is doing, it will show us what skills we are lacking as a trust.

In all seriousness you should give it a go........come up with a new structure that would allow the trust to run without the need for a number of people to give there lives up for it!

Whilst I know it can't be easy it can be done......

Ready and willing to contribute... I have already put a lot of thoughts into words over the years... Not saying I would stand by every idea I have ever posted but I did do quite a detailed thread on trust reforms that should take place.

Not saying anything new here... I am genuinely excited that people are starting to warm to the idea of proper reform. Beyond just scalping Barry which isn't the solution. The whole structure of the trust needs rethinking.