New Trust Directors?

There's no doubt the way he conducted himself at times was questionable. But I have a feeling not many of his critics would be prepared to take the role on.

I think Barry's problem was he got caught up in the stardom of being in the boardroom.

He went from Fans voice to the boardroom to SC voice of the boardroom.

Probably easy to do once you are in the boardroom to loose sight of the reason why you are there , especially for somebody who has probably never been in a boardroom before ?

Whoever replaces him will have to remember that there is a very thin dividing line between being in the room as a voice for outsiders and getting involved in the day to day business of the club.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That argument makes my soul itch.

Can we not criticise governments either unless we too are prepared to take on the role of Prime Minister?

Where have I said that people aren't allowed to criticise him or whoever else takes the role on? I just want to see as many fans as possible prepared to take on the responsibility that Barry had.

I think Barry's problem was he got caught up in the stardom of being in the boardroom.

He went from Fans voice to the boardroom to SC voice of the boardroom.

Probably easy to do once you are in the boardroom to loose sight of the reason why you are there , especially for somebody who has probably never been in a boardroom before ?

Whoever replaces him will have to remember that there is a very thin dividing line between being in the room as a voice for outsiders and getting involved in the day to day business of the club.

You're spot on, and like i said in my original post we need someone prepared to drop any personal agenda for the sake of being the voice of the fans.

What do people want and expect from Trust appointed director of Latics?

That's what I've thinking about. Assuming that they take up the Club Director role I'd say:

Attend Club board meetings. No reason why this couldn't be done by conference call if needed.

Chair Trust meetings.

Liaise with other Trusts

Pick up ad hoc fan issues incidents with away stewarding

Support committee members with their various projects.

Needn't be back breaking, at most it would need someone whose work was flexible for them to get away for a couple of hours for Club meetings.

Edited by leeslover

Simon Corney's Message to fans in January 2013 following the victory over Liverpool:

“Trust Oldham can play a key role in the rebirth of this club. I want to see fresh ideas from them and more interaction.
This is your club - and you can help it.”

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130131-letter-629480.aspx?pageView=full#anchored