New Trust Directors?

Lost among the morass of threads there are many people who have concluded that the current trust directors (OK, one in particular) need to be at least augmented and possibly replaced altogether - but if anyone has put their hand up to actually do it then I've missed it.

Just a thread then for people who are willing to step forward either with the current trust, a reformed trust, an independent supporters association, whatever.

Any offers?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do it but I'd probably only last 5 minutes before I walked out in disgust Barry and his sidekick won't go away that easy and even if they lost their power in the trust I bet they retain their influence at the club. Although this https://twitter.com/laticrick/status/553255539917197313 is potentially libellous, so that influence might get reduced.

EDIT (After Barry's long overdue resignation) I'd last a lot longer now

Edited by rudemedic

I'd do it but I'd probably only last 5 minutes before I walked out in disgust Barry and his sidekick won't go away that easy and even if they lost their power in the trust I bet they retain their influence at the club. Although this https://twitter.com/laticrick/status/553255539917197313 is potentially libellous, so that influence might get reduced.

Looks like a personal statement rather than a Trust stance.

And it has been alluded to elsewhere by other people.

Not sure the "grow up" response from the council leader is too clever either.

I sniggered childishly before becoming a responsible adult again. I'm ashamed.

Edited by opinions4u

Wow. Not seen that before.

But if you think people who are already trust members should be given a chancw surely you can put them forward

Would it not be wise to ask the person you are nominating first to see if they are up for it.

What disjointed said. He might do a good job, but to nominate a man to a position without asking him first is so wrong it's backwards.

Edited by rudemedic

As I said the other I went to a trust meeting before Christmas there was 3 members from the trust plus Barry and Jenny two others.

I didn't attend the next one but by all accounts a friend who went and travelled from Preston was fuming felt the meeting was rushed by a certain member and avoided a lot of issues.

As savage the beast Said I would nominated Chris Hill and existing member Tracy Wright aka Underdog who does a lot also.

Either way a public meeting I think is required soon alot of fans got a lot of questions wanting to be answered.

Edited by Forte_Baby

As I said the other I went to a trust meeting before Christmas there was 3 members from the trust plus Barry and Jenny two others.

I didn't attend the next one but by all accounts a friend who went and travelled from Preston was fuming felt the meeting was rushed by a certain member and avoided a lot of issues.

As savage the beast Said I would nominated Chris Hill and exciting member Tracy Wright aka Underdog who does a lot also.

Either way a public meeting I think is required soon alot of fans got a lot of questions wanting to be answered.

Lets hope they turn up.....they do on here like

Edited by Lags

I've not posted on here for a while due to recent events and i didn't want to get into giving my own opinion on the recent events. I'm proud my name has been thought of and i would be up for any challenge that benefits oafc. And i think the trust does have a part to play, just in a different way it trues to now. I am currently co-opted onto the board to deal with communication, and i think most people would agree this is slowly improving, also with the help of lookers87. (In fairness he does most of the work) people might say the comms have been non-existent the last week but we knew nothing about what was going on as a trust. Barry worked on this deal as a club director. Many people confuse barry's role as fans' rep. That isn't what he is. He is chairman and on the board of the club to make sure due diligence is done with every decision that is made and they are made with the best interests if the club are always put 1st. Now it is personal opinion if that has been dine this week with many people having differing views and i don't want to start that debate on this thread because there are numerous other threads for that.

.i am willing to get involved in any way possible to make sure the trust helps the club in the best possible way and fulfils it's mission statement on a daily basis.

I've not posted on here for a while due to recent events and i didn't want to get into giving my own opinion on the recent events. I'm proud my name has been thought of and i would be up for any challenge that benefits oafc. And i think the trust does have a part to play, just in a different way it trues to now. I am currently co-opted onto the board to deal with communication, and i think most people would agree this is slowly improving, also with the help of lookers87. (In fairness he does most of the work) people might say the comms have been non-existent the last week but we knew nothing about what was going on as a trust. Barry worked on this deal as a club director. Many people confuse barry's role as fans' rep. That isn't what he is. He is chairman and on the board of the club to make sure due diligence is done with every decision that is made and they are made with the best interests if the club are always put 1st. Now it is personal opinion if that has been dine this week with many people having differing views and i don't want to start that debate on this thread because there are numerous other threads for that.

.i am willing to get involved in any way possible to make sure the trust helps the club in the best possible way and fulfils it's mission statement on a daily basis.

I take issue with one of the points that you make Chris in that the position of being the Rep of the Trust (and therefore the Fans) on the Board doesnt give him the brief to become a full time working Director giving no consideration whatsoever for representing the views on the Fans. If he wants to remain as a full time Director on the Board without consulting with the Fans then he should resign as Chairman of the Trust but ask Corney if he can stay on the Board!