New Trust Directors?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you need a proper database of members. There must be other clubs in the country running Trusts, why not find out who runs the best ones and invite their secretary's to give advice?

Hello Bp, think I've just posted this somewhere else. This is what the trust is waiting for with specifically, with regards to voting in the next few months.

The delay is that the club are having/were having a new CRM system installed and they wanted to the data to be cleansed so we all knew it was upto date and accurate as possible before, the trust contacting ST holders of the up and coming vote.

We would have known then when cleansed, how true the fans data was and could be used for other contact too. I suppose like polls, up and coming events etc. but nothing that would contravene the Data protection act.

The trust is hoping for an update on this by the next meeting as April AGM will soon be upon us

TBA

Edited by underdog

Had to chuckle at that one.

As one who isn't a ST holder nor attends as many home games these days as I would like due to distance and commitments then I guess I too am not entitled to an opinion. However have to confess I chuckled too.

Or the time the committee people actually put in is never recognised, just slated constantly.

Well if you hit the search you will find hundreds of posts of people recognising the effort and time people put in. So you are just cast iron wrong lags on your first point.

And the first point should never protect you from the second. If you can't take or handle criticism, or even a good slating, then a public position is not for you....

Ask any MP....

Edited by oafc0000

This thread has got very silly with people wanting to score points over each other. Its quite obvious the trust has flaws but once it sorts these out it can move forward and not make the same mistakes. The whole club needs a revamp from the top to the bottom and a re shuffle is needed to bring new ideas into the club. Hopefully at the next trust meeting some ideas will be considered.

Can I add something I requested Barry do, and never happened. Maybe others I asked to.

Can you create a To Do List and/or Wish List of what needs doing.

Eg A membership database was posted, regualr email program.. Maybe what is the best system

There must be a long list.

Once we can see whole picture, we can chip in with our range of expertise.

Anyway, had a chat with like minded folks tonight....... exciting things that's relit my energies to see come to fruition.

Last word, I want the whole shooting match to step down and the new bunch in. Probably wont happen but new dawns await.

I agree. The trust needs a re-think, majorly. Which is the reason i offer to join the board and offer my time. The change is happening, but slowly. We will have a new strategic plan by the next meeting next week. We have limited numbers but loads of work to be done.

And my apologies if i muddied the waters slightly. I was only co-opted in may so still getting to grips with things. In the last meeting i did ask all the directors to write down their roles within the trust and what we saw as their duties. When i have them i will publish them accordingly. Not only will this tell us what everyone is doing, it will show us what skills we are lacking as a trust.

I back Chris up on this, the trust know changes have to be made but with commitments/restraints we are unable to do it over night..or as we both can testify months too,but we want it right first time too.

Yes Chris has asked info on directors and their roles too

Edited by underdog

Are you after a list from the trust directors or ideas from fans ?

I created a big thread a while back...

No saying ever idea is still good or relevant... But we have had these discussions in the past...

It was all quickly rubbished by Barry :P

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45027-trust-relaunch/?hl=+trust%20+reform

It can't hurt, thanks I will look at it for you and drive it forward to the trust meeting

I will be as honest as I can now, wether this rocks the boat or not but I feel that it's a time for honesty on all sides. What I type below comes from me, I'm not representing anyone else or Trust oldham.

As a co-opted member of trust Oldham, yes I have been advised that this was the plan. That my opinion was going to be sought as what I thought of as a "fan" and as a woman, if we signed said player. Wether other trust members were contacted too I can't say and haven't have chance to ask them either yet. I believe I was going to be used as a "measure of a fans feelings" and I can only say I was waiting for this contact to be made when Gordon Taylor announced a league one club have was interested and I suppose.....it then hit the fan and became irrelevant

Very interesting and thank you for shedding that light.

But unfortunately it still doesn't explain why consultations didn't take place, even on the QT as suggested above, after the story leaked. The club could have said it will be a couple of weeks until we make a decision etc. As if because there was pressure from the media it no longer mattered what the fans views were anyway.

Corney got his unanimity when to me, the fans rep on the board should have withheld his vote until he'd sufficiently canvassed opinion.

Barry was in the press a few weeks ago about the importance of gauging fans' reactions before proceeding. He and the club appear to have done no such thing in the event.

Edited by jsslatic

Very interesting and thank you for shedding that light.

But unfortunately it still doesn't explain why consultations didn't take place, even on the QT as suggested above, after the story leaked. The club could have said it will be a couple of weeks until we make a decision etc. As if because there was pressure from the media it no longer mattered what the fans views were anyway.

Corney got his unanimity when to me, the fans rep on the board should have withheld his vote until he'd sufficiently canvassed opinion.

Barry was in the press a few weeks ago about the importance of gauging fans' reactions before proceeding. He and the club appear to have done no such thing in the event.

All of this...

Chris just said the "trust" knew nothing of what was going on as well...

Its all so wrong...

Im off to bed... Night all

Have I read that right?

Arguably the biggest and the potentially divisive issue since the Trust was formed and the Chairman seemingly didn't think it was worth even mentioning to his fellow directors?

I'd hand my cards in if I was you, sounds like you are wasting your time.

Not on the trust committee......never said I was or pretended to be.

I have been involved in Playershare and trying to get members.

My gripe is the flack Barry gets and not afforded the same protection on OWTB as others are afforded.

Or the time the committee people actually put in is never recognised, just slated constantly.

So If I had my way we would all stand down from the next meeting and hand it all over to the detractors. Simple.

1. Have not read any other Committee member be slated over this

2. You can't stand down your not on the committee are you?

Anyway, had a chat with like minded folks tonight....... exciting things that's relit my energies to see come to fruition.

Last word, I want the whole shooting match to step down and the new bunch in. Probably wont happen but new dawns await.

This is your problem Lags.......I'm not saying that the whole committee needs to go, it's clear from the conversation that C.Hill and Underdog have the right ideas and enthusiasm to make a difference. Until one man is forced out (can't see him going voluntarily) the trust will always be hamstrung as to what it can do because the Chair does his own thing and doesn't consulate his fellow directors.....a Dictator so to speak.

Sadly your final point smacks of you wanting the changes only to see it fail which is petty to say the least

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

Have I read that right?

Arguably the biggest and the potentially divisive issue since the Trust was formed and the Chairman seemingly didn't think it was worth even mentioning to his fellow directors?

I know. It smacks of outrageous arrogance.

This is your problem Lags.......I'm not saying that the whole committee needs to go, it's clear from the conversation that C.Hill and Underdog have the right ideas and enthusiasm to make a difference. Until one man is forced out (can't see him going voluntarily) the trust will always be hamstrung as to what it can do because the Chair does his own thing and doesn't consulate his fellow directors.....a Dictator so to speak.

Sadly your final point smacks of you wanting the changes only to see it fail which is petty to say the least

It's not a problem of mine, I am not on the Trust committee, I've only ever been involve on Playershare. Whilst I agree both Chris and Tracey both work very hard in the name of the trust and playershare and perhaps neither have come under personal abuse, they are part of the trust committee.

Many many times when the trust as been debated on this platform it's been slated for any number of reasons. From not speaking for the fans, to no communications, to not having the website updated, you name it it's been slated. Now unfortunately when this happens it's not just nasty Barry Owen that's being attacked or who is to blame, it's the whole committee. The whole committee is responsible for all those things. Same with Playershare, why is it down to one person if the flack is flying?

For me, if your in, you all stand together. You don't hang one colleague out to dry.

I know that each and everyone of those committee's at times sit's there and thinks 'what is the point' sometimes, however they've always carried on relentless. This is where the thick skin comes from. After hearing some go on and on how this should be done or that should be done, yet these people do nothing apart from dishing it out.

This is the point I am at. I've heard the idea's and how it's not done correctly, so why not let these people have a go? It's not to see it fail, it's to allow these others to put their idea's into practice. Once they have, they will soon realise just how much was actually being done in the first place.