New Trust Directors?

TBH, even I am confused with who does what under what title and I have deleted a post similar to c.hill.

Yes, this could be very well the catalyst for change, yes the vote is this season. It's your chance things if your not happy.

But I will back Lags to a certain degree, that whoever takes on the chairperson role has to be able to commit the time, maybe even outside usual hours and be diplomatic as you have to be able to work with people if not the owner of the club.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry but I think the idea of disbanding the Trust is ridiculous-legal documents and agreements are in place that will take many many hours to re-do again.

The way that I see it ST holders are definately members of the Trust free of charge.

Non ST holders can pay £5 to become a member of the trust-with voting rights??????

The members appoint a Board of Directors in number from say 6 to 12.

Either the Board or the Members appoint a Chairman-I believe the members but I can be corrected_C Hill Tracey Lags??????

The Chairman has to be accepted onto the Board of OA(2014)AFC Ltd and invited to Board meetings

Just because 1 buffoon has now moved away from representing the Fans to become a fulltime Board member taking upon himself all that that entails does not make the position a 40 hours per week duty that is only suitable for retired people. The JOB is to represent the Fans and put across their opinions or to go and find out their opinions and then come back and report it.

Do not think that it will be an easy job to completely form a new body with no shares and no entitlements!

I am sure I am voting member, IIRC, as I have contributed £1 since the Moor era I got some sort of honorary membership. I am not a ST holder

I am not sire if it is an email or letter. Will have a hunt.

I am sorry but I think the idea of disbanding the Trust is ridiculous-legal documents and agreements are in place that will take many many hours to re-do again.

The way that I see it ST holders are definately members of the Trust free of charge.

Non ST holders can pay £5 to become a member of the trust-with voting rights??????

The members appoint a Board of Directors in number from say 6 to 12.

Either the Board or the Members appoint a Chairman-I believe the members but I can be corrected_C Hill Tracey Lags??????

The Chairman has to be accepted onto the Board of OA(2014)AFC Ltd and invited to Board meetings

Just because 1 buffoon has now moved away from representing the Fans to become a fulltime Board member taking upon himself all that that entails does not make the position a 40 hours per week duty that is only suitable for retired people. The JOB is to represent the Fans and put across their opinions or to go and find out their opinions and then come back and report it.

Do not think that it will be an easy job to completely form a new body with no shares and no entitlements!

As i understand it, members vote all directorships, including chairperson. But only directors can stand as chairperson. I could be wrong and will check this out at the meeting next week.

I also think the chairmen does not have a right to be on the board of directors. Sc and the other directors would have to vote them on. Again i could be wrong and i will also check this out. Bear with me, i'm still fairly new as i stated earlier.

Is going to sleep on my response, Diego and 0000s have already said the jist of what I wanted to say, I'm now contemplating whether my ranty-esque increased level of detail is needed.

But as you may be able to tell I've already changed one of my posts on here.

As i understand it, members vote all directorships, including chairperson. But only directors can stand as chairperson. I could be wrong and will check this out at the meeting next week.
I also think the chairmen does not have a right to be on the board of directors. Sc and the other directors would have to vote them on. Again i could be wrong and i will also check this out. Bear with me, i'm still fairly new as i stated earlier.

"As I understand it"

"I could be wrong"

"Again I could be wrong"

Said no Director ever...

I am not meaning to have ago at you Chris... Don't take it that way....

But the TRUST clearly doesn't understand itself, what its meant to be doing, what it was setup to do, or what it is doing in the future....

The things you just talked about aren't fringe issues. They are founding principles. You should be able clearly state what they are to your membership.

Edited by oafc0000

Ready and willing to contribute... I have already put a lot of thoughts into words over the years... Not saying I would stand by every idea I have ever posted but I did do quite a detailed thread on trust reforms that should take place.

Not saying anything new here... I am genuinely excited that people are starting to warm to the idea of proper reform. Beyond just scalping Barry which isn't the solution. The whole structure of the trust needs rethinking.

your willing to get involved with trust but are too busy to attend games?????

You would imagined as the idea of signing a convicted rapist, something that is possibly going to bring the club to its knees. The Trust Chairman, fan on the board, FANS REPRESENTATIVE (I ain't accepting that shouldn't be his role), would of gone to his fellow directors to gauge reaction and opinion, working out how the TRUST should respond to an idea of such magnitude, then he should of returned to the board with his / their considered view point.

If that can't / didn't happen... It isn't right... Its just all wrong... What is the point of the Trust if it can't do that... If there isn't the Trust to do that...

I will be as honest as I can now, wether this rocks the boat or not but I feel that it's a time for honesty on all sides. What I type below comes from me, I'm not representing anyone else or Trust oldham.

As a co-opted member of trust Oldham, yes I have been advised that this was the plan. That my opinion was going to be sought as what I thought of as a "fan" and as a woman, if we signed said player. Wether other trust members were contacted too I can't say and haven't have chance to ask them either yet. I believe I was going to be used as a "measure of a fans feelings" and I can only say I was waiting for this contact to be made when Gordon Taylor announced a league one club have was interested and I suppose.....it then hit the fan and became irrelevant

Edited by underdog

your willing to get involved with trust but are too busy to attend games?????

Since when haven't involved myself in trust issues ? Since when haven't I posted opinions, view points and suggestions for the trusts direction ?

The trust just think the only way to be involved is either turn up to evening drinking session down the pub or be a director... It excluded a lot of people with that mentality...

Have you ever read to anything I have posted about why I stopped going to games ? DO you really care?

"As I understand it"

"I could be wrong"

"Again I could be wrong"

Said no Director ever...

I am not meaning to have ago at you Chris... Don't take it that way....

But the TRUST clearly doesn't understand itself, what its meant to be doing, what it was setup to do, or what it is doing in the future....

The things you just talked about aren't fringe issues. They are founding principles. You should be able clearly state what they are to your membership.

I'm 99% certain i'm correct but dnt want to leave myself open to be shot at. So to ensure i am dishing out correct info i will check before i say for definite. Voting/nominations changed at the agm n i want to make sure i'm giving the right ones out.

Chris I have previously posted the section of the Changes to the Articles of Association which clearly states SC has no choice in the matter.

The Chairman or any other voted on by the Trust goes onto the Board of OA(2014)AFC Ltd AUTOMATICALLY

Please note that it does not have to be the Chairman necessarily!

Since when haven't involved myself in trust issues ? Since when haven't I posted opinions, view points and suggestions for the trusts direction ?

The trust just think the only way to be involved is either turn up to evening drinking session down the pub or be a director... It excluded a lot of people with that mentality...

Have you ever read to anything I have posted about why I stopped going to games ? DO you really care?

you said you don't go to games anymore cause of work and wanting to spend more time with your family but have spent most of the week on OWTB giving your views on a team who you haven't watched for over 4 years

I'm 99% certain i'm correct but dnt want to leave myself open to be shot at. So to ensure i am dishing out correct info i will check before i say for definite. Voting/nominations changed at the agm n i want to make sure i'm giving the right ones out.

Comrad... Don't post until you know 100%... Rule one of being Director of Communications....

Not on the trust committee......never said I was or pretended to be.

I have been involved in Playershare and trying to get members.

My gripe is the flack Barry gets and not afforded the same protection on OWTB as others are afforded.

Or the time the committee people actually put in is never recognised, just slated constantly.

So If I had my way we would all stand down from the next meeting and hand it all over to the detractors. Simple.