Oldham 2 Doncaster 2

I thought Mills should have gone.

But the referee played on. The linesman played on - no flag. There's then the retaliation from their lad.

Ref chats to lino and decides it was a foul, free kick to them, sends Mills off and then ignores what their lad did.

Bizarre.

Foul or not on Rachubka our keeper bottled collecting a fairly simple ball under pressure. He was shaky all game.

Fans were great. Players were up for it. Mills cost us the win.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't we have put Dieng in the middle and moved Elokobi to left back, Dieng is surely much more match fit than Mellor. It's such an up and down way to be football fan supporting Latics. Every time I tell my wife we let a last minute goal in she comments that 'we always do'.

I rarely blame referee's, but we were cheated today.

Mills could have few complaints, but how he was the only card in the aftermath god only knows.

The striker jumped into Rachubka with his arm pulling across his throat ffs!!

The players deserved better. Regardless of the sending off, it was the goal that changed the flow of the game. Am furious!!

Why even bring Mellor on at all.... Was Dieng on the bench, if so Elekobi to FB and Dieng alongside Wilson.

Mellor will probably be gone soon but in his defence he's not a FB and the only time he get's game time is coming on in the final minutes such as today.

Shouldn't we have put Dieng in the middle and moved Elokobi to left back, Dieng is surely much more match fit than Mellor. It's such an up and down way to be football fan supporting Latics. Every time I tell my wife we let a last minute goal in she comments that 'we always do'.

I don't mean to be harsh, but surely that is Mellors last game.

Got caught under 3 or 4 diagonals and then let their man waltz past for the second.

Despite it being poor from Rachubka to not keep hold, it was a foul all day long.

I thought it was a red card for Mills instantly, but had they not committed a foul straight after the ref didn't look like he was giving anything.

Another excellent refereeing moment was him playing advantage for offside in the final minute of injury time, when we had the ball in our own box...

Let's not keep blaming refs, if I had a pound for every time we conceded injury time goals to cost us points I would be able to buy the club, looking over our shoulder now, 6 points off relegation!

What about when refs don't give a foul, but send the player who committed the foul off after a melee when that player gets assaulted on the floor.

Or how long have you been able to barge into a GK in the air without a FK being given?

Let's not mention the apparent stamp on Philliskirk by their GK when he was down in their box in the 1st half.

Two people cost us that game- they were both wearing black.

Why even bring Mellor on at all.... Was Dieng on the bench, if so Elekobi to FB and Dieng alongside Wilson.

Mellor will probably be gone soon but in his defence he's not a FB and the only time he get's game time is coming on in the final minutes such as today.

I can understand wanting to keep the centre half pairing together. I'd have brought Connor Brown on ahead of Mellor though.

Another excellent refereeing moment was him playing advantage for offside in the final minute of injury time, when we had the ball in our own box..

That wound me up more than all the other :censored:. Especially as we only had one outlet. How the hell did that give an advantage?

Edited by opinions4u

Sorry folks this is the end of 'Play Off / Promotion' hopes, I doubt there will be any significant new arrivals and can only see us dropping down into the usual relegation dogfight.

If you cannot defend a 2 goal advantage, albeit with 10 men then things are dire. Bottom of the league Crewe managed to beat us with 10.

What about when refs don't give a foul, but send the player who committed the foul off after a melee when that player gets assaulted on the floor.

Or how long have you been able to barge into a GK in the air without a FK being given?

Let's not mention the apparent stamp on Philliskirk by their GK when he was down in their box in the 1st half.

I take it those 2 in black combined to score their 2 goals too?

Like I said,ref maybe was poor but your not always going to get the decisions and still have to see out the game, which we don't do on many occasions when "cruising" to victory!

I dont think the stamp on Philly was intentional by their keeper, he just caught as after he jumped for the ball, normal football clash by 2 committed players.

I thought Mills should have gone.

But the referee played on. The linesman played on - no flag. There's then the retaliation from their lad.

Ref chats to lino and decides it was a foul, free kick to them, sends Mills off and then ignores what their lad did.

Bizarre.

Foul or not on Rachubka our keeper bottled collecting a fairly simple ball under pressure. He was shaky all game.

Fans were great. Players were up for it. Mills cost us the win.

this. Along with help from their bench. How keegan Completed the game is a mystery.

Jones looks better in the middle. Oh and Lee use your all your subs to waste some time.