Did we turn down or not receive offers for our star players?

With the loss of Chubs (clearly not in LJs long term plans) and Mellor on loan (clearly not in LJs short term plans) in the window we are all understandably pleased with the lack of exit activity and the new faces we have brought in.

On paper it seems like a statement of intent to back the manager and the team this season...but is it?

Did we get and turn down any offers for Kelly, Jones, Forte, Winchester, Wilson, Elokobi et al? Or in the end did nobody actually come knocking with a genuine offer?

We will never know I suppose...

Forte apparently

Saw Tweets about Forte and Rotherham and someone else and Elokobi...

But if the scouting network was working then surely Kelly should have attracted interest. Also, although I know some on this board don't agree, I think Winchester is perhaps our most promising player in terms of what I think he go on to acheive.

Reminds me a bit of Dale Stephens - what happened to him after Southhampton?

With the loss of Chubs (clearly not in LJs long term plans) and Mellor on loan (clearly not in LJs short term plans) in the window we are all understandably pleased with the lack of exit activity and the new faces we have brought in.

On paper it seems like a statement of intent to back the manager and the team this season...but is it?

Did we get and turn down any offers for Kelly, Jones, Forte, Winchester, Wilson, Elokobi et al? Or in the end did nobody actually come knocking with a genuine offer?

We will never know I suppose...

Elokobi?

he is at Brighton I think after a successful spell for him at Charlton

I told everyone Winchester would be going nowhere, massive massive improvemnet this season but not the finished product yet and until he can consistantly complete 90 mins, he wont make the step up

Reading between the lines of LJ's comments and what i have read in the news.

i think the bids that were made were tentative and possibly more enquires rather than any official bids being made, I do think if we wanted to ship out and cash in, then the chance would have been there to do so, as i am sure there are a lot of admirers for one or two of our sellable assets.

We didn't LJ and Corney stood firm and must be praised for that. I believe that, like most fans we have a decent chance of the play offs if we stay injury free of key players. Or at least the best chance for a few seasons.

Any 2 teams from about 10 or 12 have genuine play off hopes and ambitions this season.

Why can't it be us?

you could look at it from the other side. May be some of our better players are not quite ready to move up a level

various reason from fitness, form or maybe not worth the risk at this moment. If they wanted any of them bad enoygh they could have had them, eweve seen that in the past.

Over the last 20 games not one player has shone consistantly to the point were you thought we have no chance of keeping them ala Taky, Baxter etc

lets just keep going about our business quietly and when we go up, we wont NEED to sell.

I was told yesterday that it would be 2 in (Wilko, Murphy) 1 out (Mellor)although I was told we were trying to sign Wilkinson and a kid from Wigan

I was also told that we had rebuffed interest in Forte, Winchester & J Wilson so I can only presume that we have received bids or a 'How much do you want for.......' question to which we have said no or Not for Sale

Off topic a bit, how did Rochdale get over £1m for that Matt Done!?

They have some brilliant negotiators at that club, having sold Hogan for a similar price while they were in League 2...

I thought it was closer to £600k? Either way, that amount of money is impressive for a player who was a full back last season.

They sold Craig Dawson for £1m too, and got decent fees for Le Fondre, O'Grady and Lambert over the last few years I think.

I thought it was closer to £600k? Either way, that amount of money is impressive for a player who was a full back last season.

They sold Craig Dawson for £1m too, and got decent fees for Le Fondre, O'Grady and Lambert over the last few years I think.

LJ on our OS said it's over a million, and that figures seems to be doing the rounds.

And Done is nowhere near the level of some of those you've listed. They've mugged Sheffield off good and proper with that one.

LJ on our OS said it's over a million, and that figures seems to be doing the rounds.

And Done is nowhere near the level of some of those you've listed. They've mugged Sheffield off good and proper with that one.

He's talking about Brayford I think. He's the right back they've signed.

They have some brilliant negotiators at that club, having sold Hogan for a similar price while they were in League 2...

I think their track record probably helps a bit - Lambert, Le Fondre, Holt, Buckley, Dawson...

Someone on the Trust committee told me that Rochdale were skint! They werent then (before selling Hogan-who we refused) and they certainly arent now!

It is believed a pre-contract had already been agreed for Murphy to join Athletic in the summer and the move had been accelerated by way of the five-figure transfer fee.

Given his age I did wonder if we spotted someone who was going to go for nowt in June, so we could get now at a slightly knock-down price.