The Cricket World Cup Thread

We're such a boring odi team. No aggression or invention. Lacking in confidence. It's like they see 300 as job done no matter what the opposition or circumstances.

When teams were getting 300s, we were getting 250s. Now teams are getting 350s and we're getting 300s. We're always years behind the game.

Painfully predictable!

England are what we are. ..300's against the aussies, , scotts and sri Lanka are not bad scores.we just don't have any plans to cope with other teams (if you know what I mean)

England are what we are. ..300's against the aussies, , scotts and sri Lanka are not bad scores.we just don't have any plans to cope with other teams (if you know what I mean)

I'd say 300 against the scots on that pitch against that attack was a bad score. It's not just the totals, it's the attitude. No one does the Pietersen job of charging and getting on top of bowlers except when they've got 80 off 90 balls.

It looked easy for england to get 300 today, they coasted. So there was no fear for SL. But it's nothing new, it's been this way forever.

Moores has to go.

They'll have to look at the data before firing him.

The whole of English cricket has completely disappeared up its own arse, as it tends to do for 10-15 year periods. I reckon we're approaching year 5 of this dip, although some date it to the Sky Sports contract, straight after English cricket's highest ever point in public esteem.

Theories, charts, dossiers, tactics, science, psychology...Moores is typical of of the coaches nowadays making a living out of this mumbo jumbo.

We had it here with LJ treating games like chess matches, get back to basics, stop filling players heads with complications, over analysing flaws and and let them get on with what they do best.

An English coach today would take an Ian Botham to pieces and ruin any natural flair.

Theories, charts, dossiers, tactics, science, psychology...Moores is typical of of the coaches nowadays making a living out of this mumbo jumbo.

We had it here with LJ treating games like chess matches, get back to basics, stop filling players heads with complications, over analysing flaws and and let them get on with what they do best.

An English coach today would take an Ian Botham to pieces and ruin any natural flair.

The football manager most associated with mumbo-jumbo in the modern game is...Big Sam Allardyce. The difference between your Moores and your Allardyce is that Allardyce uses the mumbo-jumbo to enhance what he knows and to shed some light on things he doesn't. Moores has nothing but the data and the mumbo-jumbo.

I remember Paul Robinson letting in a couple of clangers for England back in the day. His excuse? He did everything the manual told him to do, and was therefore blameless. It's a management disease in this country.

The football manager most associated with mumbo-jumbo in the modern game is...Big Sam Allardyce. The difference between your Moores and your Allardyce is that Allardyce uses the mumbo-jumbo to enhance what he knows and to shed some light on things he doesn't. Moores has nothing but the data and the mumbo-jumbo.

I remember Paul Robinson letting in a couple of clangers for England back in the day. His excuse? He did everything the manual told him to do, and was therefore blameless. It's a management disease in this country.

I have been tasked with providing data for managers in the past and I can tell you with most players it goes in one ear and out of the other, they just cannot cope with a headful of do this and do thats.

Recently a couple of small Latics players were allocated to zonal mark a 6' 5" opposing player at a corner kick, result free header and a goal, marking space is what the theorists say, but it's not common sense in a case like that.

Edited by BP1960

I was delighted when he left Lancs. Relegated because the batting wasn't good enough. Promoted because we brought in a quality overseas player, and then relegated because he left and despite everyone being able to see we couldn't bat we still didn't bring one in.

Despite looking promising in the T20 we still couldn't get over the line. And we were pretty horrible in the 50 over competitions.

Of course can't forget winning the Championship and will be forever grateful for that. But talk about resting on your laurels.

Moores to go, Gillespie to come in, Yorkies capitulate, England win the Ashes and all is right in the world by this time next year.

Gillespie in full Johnson evasion mode, get him in!

Gillespie said he was flattered to be being linked with the England job but his mind was on his Yorkshire duties.

"It's very flattering and a nice thought, and sometime in the future I have ambitions about becoming an international coach," he told Radio 5 live.

"But at this point right now we're about to leave on a pre-season tour and our focus is on that. It's absolutely Peter's job and I feel for him."