Full Time: Leyton Orient 3 Oldham Athletic 0

Back to back defeats against two of the leagues relegation struggler (Colchester 1-0 loss at home last saturday and today 3-0 loss away to Leyton Orient.

I'd say play off hopes over, but it isn't as results today have meant it is still tight, with us having a game in hand over teams above us and below us - only Bradford having a game in hand over us.

But the way things are going, well... could end up being mid table mediocrity.

A damp and miserable week, as with LJ linked to be going to Barnsley - I wonder if this result will change his opinion.

Other than that, very disappointing!!!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to his team of lightweights..when will he learn against sides lower in the league you have to impose yourself on them, not tip tap it about going nowhere. He needs to move out the weak willed players and get some power in. I'd consider playing Lockwoood now if only for his attitude.

Yet another completely unacceptable result against one of the worst sides in the division. This isn't a blip, it's a recurring pattern, and it needs sorting.

I guess the league table doesn't lie, but Leyton Orient have some quality players in their team. They really should be higher than they are.

When did we get so good that any defeat is unacceptable? We're not and never were.

We've been top 6 for a large part of the season. How can you justify our record against the bottom teams? It's unacceptable for any team, never mind one with play-off aspirations.

We've been top 6 for a large part of the season. How can you justify our record against the bottom teams? It's unacceptable for any team, never mind one with play-off aspirations.

If you think losing a game that we weren't even favourites for is unacceptable then you're in for a lifetime of pain.

Edited by deyres42

Odd result again. I mean I haven't listened to or seen the game but we have this awful record against some poor teams. It's as if we just turn up and expect to win against said teams, then put the effort in against the big boys. Be interesting to see how we are against PNE next Saturday (It had better be a good game as it's my birthday! Sort it for me lads!)

Why? We haven't got far to travel home. I feel for those travelling from Oldham. We were crap today..... However, we're only 7 points off safety in Feb.... that's an enormous improvement in recent seasons!!!!

Cos if your one of those that cants get up to BP I'm wondering when you last saw a good performance!

???

Edited by Simoncorneyisgod

If you think losing a game that we weren't even favourites for is unacceptable then you're in for a lifetime of pain.

It's not even a scrappy loss, we've been thrashed by the bottom two. I'm sorry that I think that isn't good enough.

It's not even a scrappy loss, we've been thrashed by the bottom two. I'm sorry that I think that isn't good enough.

What did you expect, us to go there and knock them over easily just because we are higher in the league?

It's a talented squad they have, probably more talented than ours.

On train back. First game of the season for me and what a shocker! First half was abject - Turner looked completely lost in the right wing, Wilson behind him shocking and at fault for the first. Second half was much better but couldn't have been a great deal worse to be honest. Thought Winchester was the best player on the park and Murphy put in a shift.

Kean - 6 - Not a lot to do funnily enough

Wilson - 3 - Shocker

Kusunga - 6 - Steady

Wilson - 6 - Decent but too many hoofs

Mills - 5 - Headless chicken at times

Winchester - 7 - Classy on the ball, decisions could have been better

Kelly - Did the simple things well

Philliskirk - 4 - Lost in centre mid

Forte - 5 - Average, shocking pen

Poleon - 6 - Anonymous first half, grew into the game second

Turner - 2- Oh dear.

Subs:

Murphy - 6 - Has something about him. Should start next week. Won the pen that shouldn't have been.

Brown - 7 - Thought he did very well when he came on. Should start at right back

Positives - Half time pie was decent

Finally - to those giving pathetic dogs abuse to LJ at the end you may just have made his mind up. Congrats.