Paul scholes rejects Latics job. With some class.

He nails the fact is not 100% Latics, but shows how close it is to him.

Basically to spend time with his young family and media work.

But will become a manager.

Good article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31764477

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/paul-scholes-oldham-was-the-right-job-at-the-wrong-time-for-me-10089687.html

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-scholes-oldham-right-job-8785369

Edited by singe

Why can't we just accept he's not an Oldham fan? He's said it enough times already...

There is nothing in the article to back up your view point...

He comes to the games, its close to his heart... What more does he need to be a "fan"

This is what he actually said, backing up New Blue

. And one day I believe that I will manage Oldham, the club that my dad supports and who are very close to my heart.

Ie he did not say he supports only his dad, and merely states that they are close to his heart.

This is what he actually said, backing up New Blue

. And one day I believe that I will manage Oldham, the club that my dad supports and who are very close to my heart.

Ie he did not say he supports only his dad, and merely states that they are close to his heart.

I just read the BBC one... Fair play!

Maybe he was taking his lads to the match, or still weighing up the offer on Tuesday, or just watching a team full of players he knows or may even have grown friendly with having been around the squad in recent months.

Lee Sinnott's right. If Scholes manages at BP it should be on the club's terms, not his. He's no different to any other prospective candidate.

Like it or not, if Scholes ever says he is ready to manage Oldham, then as long as SC is in charge the job is his. Corney would see this as a sure fire way of putting bums on seats. FWIW I dont think he would make a good manager, but I have been wrong before.

As he is now officially a manager in waiting I wonder if whoever is manager will want him around the training ground.

For those debating whether he is a fan I think someone who has been in and around the professional game will not manifest their fandom in quite the same way as someone who's sporting aspirations ran as far as standing on a terrace.

Im im agreement with Sinnott aswell, it's like he's insinuating that it's all on his terms that if he wants the job it's his.

Sorry Paul, to get a job you have to apply and be interviewed. He shouldn't be bigger than this club, he should join the applicants list as all do.

Im im agreement with Sinnott aswell, it's like he's insinuating that it's all on his terms that if he wants the job it's his.

Sorry Paul, to get a job you have to apply and be interviewed. He shouldn't be bigger than this club, he should join the applicants list as all do.

The words "Paul will manage the club one day" first emerged from Corney's lips on Monday evening.

While I agree with your sentiment I think we need to see what some may consider arrogance in the context of having already been offered the job should he want it whenever it's available.

The words "Paul will manage the club one day" first emerged from Corney's lips on Monday evening.

While I agree with your sentiment I think we need to see what some may consider arrogance in the context of having already been offered the job should he want it whenever it's available.

Yep, agree with that - sorry I meant to point out that Corneys in the wrong by giving Paul Scholes the whole 'it's yours if you want it' infront of the media aswell

Can I just point out that, whilst I completely agree that Scholes should apply like everyone else, Corney saying what he has said has gained us not just national but worldwide media attention.

Well done Simon I say.

There could be people all over the world just waiting for the day PS becomes manager, so that they can buy tickets and flock to BP.

When you receive a job offer, it then becomes on your terms - not the club's?!!

And to be fair it wasn't like 'sign here', Simon kept mentioning re Scholes/Dowie etc that the job has to be right for them too.

Scholes is a former world-class footballer and wealthy pundit. The only chance we'd get him as manager pretty much is if we're his first job. Hence us leaving the door open. Logical, for me.

It's poor form to criticise him for not running to the phone. 1: he's got a good job now and will always receive offers - not his fault. 2: he's human, and at this point life wants to see his kids.

So let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by stirring criticism of him. He didn't have to do such an open, honest statement, in his national newspaper column, giving the club lots of publicity and praise. Lot of class in my opinion - still trying and willing to help us in any way he can, and willing to make sure he'll take the manager's job (if it came up again) when he knows he could do it to the best of his ability. Still a red b****** though ;-)