Youth team reach cup final

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who don't know (I think I posted it on the youth contracts offered thread a while back) Paul was told he was released not because of ability or attitude or money and Holden wanted to sign him. But TP felt that Paul needed to be playing football and with us having no reserves and Joel, he would never get a game, which would seriously halt his progression.

Speaking to him over the last few days, he has had several scouts get in touch with him about his availability, so if we want to keep him, we need to act quickly. But we might only get the best from him if we can either find him a long term loan (where he is first choice) or Joel gets sold and Paul is second choice

I know of one Premiership club interested who would encoperate him into their under 21 devopment squad.

It would be ridiculous to let a lad go for nothing who could eventually play in the top flight because of LJs folly in scrappind the reserves.

Edited by BP1960

I know of one Premiership club interested who would encoperate him into their under 21 devopment squad.

It would be ridiculous to let a lad go for nothing who could eventually play in the top flight because of LJs folly in scrappind the reserves.

They must think Coleman is some way ahead of him if they are happy to let him go.

Could not agree more. I hope the club does reconsider, but if the lad gets a better offer he has to take it. Losing the reserves has been a disaster for youth development. Especially with FFP and clubs realistically needing to develop their own talent rather than buying in.

They must think Coleman is some way ahead of him if they are happy to let him go.

Or they thought at the time Keane would be signed permenantly and Coleman would number 2. This would leave no place for Tyson as the other younger youth keeper Renshaw also looks a good prospect.

Edited by BP1960

For those who don't know (I think I posted it on the youth contracts offered thread a while back) Paul was told he was released not because of ability or attitude or money and Holden wanted to sign him. But TP felt that Paul needed to be playing football and with us having no reserves and Joel, he would never get a game, which would seriously halt his progression.

Speaking to him over the last few days, he has had several scouts get in touch with him about his availability, so if we want to keep him, we need to act quickly. But we might only get the best from him if we can either find him a long term loan (where he is first choice) or Joel gets sold and Paul is second choice

Thank you for that extra info. That said, there are no guarantees. Coleman could have a dip in form, or get injured. Like him, he could them take his chance. Depends who the other teams are, he could end up no better than he is now.

Thank you for that extra info. That said, there are no guarantees. Coleman could have a dip in form, or get injured. Like him, he could them take his chance. Depends who the other teams are, he could end up no better than he is now.

A friend of mine who is a Premiership scout has already recommended Tyson to his club.

A friend of mine who is a Premiership scout has already recommended Tyson to his club.

Thanks. This is what I cannot understand, he is released as he needs competitive football, but he'd not get it in a Prem team. He only has to talk to Dany Philliskirk.

Thanks. This is what I cannot understand, he is released as he needs competitive football, but he'd not get it in a Prem team. He only has to talk to Dany Philliskirk.

Tyson would get more games in a Premiership under 21 development squad and they'd also have the option to send him out to a league club on loan..his chances of getting any competitive games here are minimul..So strange as it seems either we re-sign him and loan him out or let him go to a club at a higher level where he will play regularly.

I blame LJs scrapping of the reserve team for this ridiculous situation.

Edited by BP1960

Burnley's website's main story is them beating a Latics team 3-2 with their Development Squad, and there's pictures too but none of the players I recognise and some look far older than youths. Anybody know who they are?

A team of triallists from other clubs with a couple of youth players thrown in to make up the numbers.

About 16 months ago i rated Tyson more than Coleman both have come on heaps suppose do we take a gamble on both young keepers. Reminds me of when Alessandra, Smalley got deals but likes of Pearson didnt one of them seasons where we have a good crop of kids but cannot keep them all on.

Not a problem sir, I fully agree!

To add a bit more meat to the bones, since the final, his agent has been contacted by numerous clubs from Championship down to the Conference North. One of the bigger clubs in the Championship has certainly been in touch.