Youth team reach cup final

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

794 people in attendance who's probably seen the best performance of the season

No doubt about it , a tremendous show against what looked a much bigger and older team who if allowed could play some good football.

The club might have to have a rethink about some of the released players, particularly the goalkeeper.

Totally different from what we have seen from the first team, great attitudes, terrier like tackling and harassment, attacking at will, countless shots on goal and with every corner kick dangerous.

Can't pick out any one player, that was a total team performance.

Edited by BP1960

Tyson in net MOM. Several great saves when they broke against the run of play and the the pen.

Etches looked a leader and a skilful player at CB. Great goal.

Scullion at LB showed some great distribution. Very small but :censored:ing rapid.

Touhy is a poor man's young Joe Cole.

Knight really battled on the right wing, could maybe have added more bite in the middle.

Walters pick of the forwards, bags of skill and always looking to try something.

But they were all great. Pinned the Junior Dongs back for large parts, made up for being smaller with speed and work and really had a go. Brilliant. Well done Tony.

Tyson excellent.

The number 5 Edmondson reminded me of Tarky.

The middle four were great. Like Read and Tuohy.

Jacobs ok with touches of quality.

Walters also promising up front although occasionally his touch let him down.

Their number 10 will have a career in the top two divisions.

A great performance. Worthy champions.

Edited by opinions4u

Tyson in net MOM. Several great saves when they broke against the run of play and the the pen.

Etches looked a leader and a skilful player at CB. Great goal.

Scullion at LB showed some great distribution. Very small but :censored:ing rapid.

Touhy is a poor man's young Joe Cole.

Knight really battled on the right wing, could maybe have added more bite in the middle.

Walters pick of the forwards, bags of skill and always looking to try something.

But they were all great. Pinned the Junior Dongs back for large parts, made up for being smaller with speed and work and really had a go. Brilliant. Well done Tony.

I thought number 11 Alex Read did a brilliant job in midfield with his sharp tacking and constant harassing, Mike Milligan would have been proud of that performance.

You are right about Scullion, second time I've seen him, previously a centre back, this time at left back, he is very strong in the air for his size and nearly broke the Dons crossbar crossbar with one header. For those who remember him, he reminds me of Ian Wood.

The goalkeeper Tyson was excellent (have we ever had a taller one) and I would consider a rethink about his release. Same with number 9 Jordache Walters.

The Latics number 5 Edmundson was indeed a cool customer, I liked the look of him.

Just a word on MK Dons, I thought the number 10 Rasulo looked a class act and could become a future star at top level.

Edited by BP1960

MK's academy is a multi-million pound set up. Their kids were bigger and stronger BUT yet again we have seen the consequences of playing none-contact youth football. The Latics Youth league is blood and thunder. You could tell after 5 minutes that MK simply didn't fancy it, they didn't like us in their faces. Once we bossed that first 10-15 minutes we were always going to win. Even their penalty I was confident he'd miss. They had a couple of spells but the desire from the Latics lads was outstanding. Tuohy was superb a proper captain, the two free-kicks a joy to watch. TP has done it again put together a team of winners, that played with a freedom and attitude we've not seen at first team level for years.

Simple game football, if you allow the players to simply express themselves.

Touchy in the team on Sunday for me.

Tonight proves once and for all that instead of pissing about with kids from City, give our lads a go....Coleman has proved that.

Best game since Rochdale that. Well dome to all concerned. The two free kicks for those that know me are on my Facebook page.

Edited by oafcprozac

Posted it somewhere else it's time to give some of these kids a chance instead of farming them off to Colwyn Bay. Do we need to re enter the reserve league to give more of these a chance?

A big mistake by LJ to disband the reserves,didn't his dad do the same at Yeovil?

Edited by BP1960

Fantastic news - Well done TP and all the players a real lift after the gloom of Walsall

I suppose very few if any first team players saw that tremendoues performance tonight. If they did it should show them total commitment and a desire to score goals is something they need to adopt.

I suppose very few if any first team players saw that tremendoues performance tonight. If they did it should show them total commitment and a desire to score goals is something they need to adopt.

A lot of them were there. Joel Coleman, Mike Jones, Danny Philliskirk, Carl Winchester, Rhys Turner, Jack Truelove, David Mellor and Liam Kelly to name a few.