Players linked with us

The one thing that does strike me as slightly puzzling, is during the GMR interview I thought Shez said that he would be bringing in 2 or 3 players before the window closes.

I might be misinterpreting this but I'm sure he didn't mean extending the loans of Dummigan and Lafferty.

He's said we need new players in virtually every interview since joining.

I'm sure they will be along shortly...

The one thing that does strike me as slightly puzzling, is during the GMR interview I thought Shez said that he would be bringing in 2 or 3 players before the window closes.

I might be misinterpreting this but I'm sure he didn't mean extending the loans of Dummigan and Lafferty.

But he can't guarantee signings. Better offers elsewhere, not enough on the table from us to make a relegation battle attractive, contract terms with relegation wage drops unappealing, etc, etc. Not good but not entirely surprising.

Id rather him settle and work with what he has than panic buy because he missed out on the targets he actually wanted.

But surely, the fact that he has said on a number of occasions that he needs 2 or 3 new players and we are not scoring enough goals is an indication that he feels 'what he has' isn't good enough and we should have brought someone in.

I can't help but feel this will add extra pressure to Saturday's game.

But surely, the fact that he has said on a number of occasions that he needs 2 or 3 new players and we are not scoring enough goals is an indication that he feels 'what he has' isn't good enough and we should have brought someone in.

I can't help but feel this will add extra pressure to Saturday's game.

But surely every manager in every league feels this way but they can only sign those who are willing to come, over other teams. Its not a given that we'll sign these players who are good enough to push us on.

But surely every manager in every league feels this way but they can only sign those who are willing to come, over other teams. Its not a given that we'll sign these players who are good enough to push us on.

We werent after Messi-just third division footballers who can tackle/pass/cross/head in other words have the basic skills

Edited by ChaddySmoker

We werent after Messi-just third division footballers who can tackle/pass/cross/head in other words have the basic skills

And there was at least 23 other teams in that same position, most with more money and better looking prospects that OAFC.

Not saying I agree with us not getting anyone but Im looking at this logically.

Nice one. No doubt we'll be trying to judge the wisdom of that soon enough. The defence has tightened up since he went though but that may just be a blip and unrelated to the great scheme of things.

That might have more to do with us actually employing a Manager who knows what he is doing-pity it was 5 months too late. Plus a Centrehalf!

He actually said new signings before the blackpool game. At no point did he mention cash signings. Loan window open. Free signings window open. For those thinking we can't bring more players in I suggest you disregard Mr Dunn's advice and play a little more football manager

He actually said new signings before the blackpool game. At no point did he mention cash signings. Loan window open. Free signings window open. For those thinking we can't bring more players in I suggest you disregard Mr Dunn's advice and play a little more football manager

I thought loans were a bad thing though?