CB Dieng

LB Mills

RW Croft

CM Jones

CM Kelly

CM Winchester

LW Forte

ST Murphy/Turner/Philliskirk

That 11 could do well on it's own if Dieng could consistently produce the good form he did for a while last season and Murphy or Turner could stay fit and find their shooting boots.

I hope we sign an experienced, more agricultural Gerrard type (Gerrard himself would be ideal) to play alongside Dieng or Wilson and a big, horrible lump up front to play two up top.

Another decent CM would be good given Kelly's injury record, ideally someone who could play right across the midfield to be able to play regularly enough and offer something different when needed.

Three proper, quality signings or season long loans rather than pissing about with never will be's is what I'd like to see.

Yes, we'll fall short if we suffer injuries with such a small squad but we'll fall short anyway with a larger squad of largely dog:censored:......

Poleon is a nailed on starter, Kelly wants pace. I can see Forte and Poleon either side of Turner/Murphy/target man.

If done right it could be dangerous, their pace SHOULD ruin teams to be honest so let's hope we see more of it (mainly from poleon) next season.

Isn't it 3-4-1-2 he wants to play though? Which would imply someone behind two strikers rather than a LW CF RW

Poleon is a nailed on starter, Kelly wants pace. I can see Forte and Poleon either side of Turner/Murphy/target man.

If done right it could be dangerous, their pace SHOULD ruin teams to be honest so let's hope we see more of it (mainly from poleon) next season.

Isn't it 3-4-1-2 he wants to play though? Which would imply someone behind two strikers rather than a LW CF RW

He mentioned in passing on the radio that he likes 3-4-1-2, therefore, it was written into OWTB lore that he intends to play it every minute of every game.....

Oh and the 3, the 4, the 1 and the 2 will all be Irish and/or have played for Sunderland.....

Edited by HarryBosch

Enough for two teams here, well covered aren't we?

GK: Coleman/Renshaw

RB: B Wilson/ Brown

CB: J Wilson/Dieng/Edmundson

LB: Mills/Truelove

RW: Croft/Poleon

CM: Jones/ Kelly/Winchester/Tuohy

LW: Forte/Byrnes

FW/ST: Murphy/Turner/Philliskirk/Bove/Jacobs

Edited by BP1960

GK Coleman

RB B Wilson or Brown

CB J Wilson

CB Dieng

LB Mills

RW Croft

CM Jones

CM Kelly

CM Winchester

LW Forte

ST Murphy/Turner/Philliskirk

That 11 could do well on it's own if Dieng could consistently produce the good form he did for a while last season and Murphy or Turner could stay fit and find their shooting boots.

I hope we sign an experienced, more agricultural Gerrard type (Gerrard himself would be ideal) to play alongside Dieng or Wilson and a big, horrible lump up front to play two up top.

Another decent CM would be good given Kelly's injury record, ideally someone who could play right across the midfield to be able to play regularly enough and offer something different when needed.

Three proper, quality signings or season long loans rather than pissing about with never will be's is what I'd like to see.

Yes, we'll fall short if we suffer injuries with such a small squad but we'll fall short anyway with a larger squad of largely dog:censored:......

Don't want to see 3 or 4 loanees coming in again, a couple maybe, but as you say on season long deals. Temporary loans are OK to cover injuries but other than that I would rather blood our own youngsters ie. Truelove, Byrnes, Bove etc.

Judging by the transfer activity our 1st choice striker targets will have been snapped up by the time we are able to enter the bidding, however, although it would be ideal, I don't think we necessarily need that 20 goal striker to make an impact next season.

We certainly need a target man who can hold the ball up top and more importantly stay fit, but we have already got players if used correctly like Forte, Poleon, Philliskirk, and Turner who are all capable of getting into double figures. I reserve judgement on Murphy until I've seen him in action and fully fit.

A big target man, a commanding CB, maybe another versatile defender and possibly one marquee signing to get the fans buzzing and I think we'd be sorted!

Don't forget an experienced Goalkeeper / left winger to cover Forte / Kelly wants a right back so I make that about 6 signings

if we do only bring in the 3 or 4 that has been suggested then I reckon the squad will be woefully thin and lacking proven league 1 class.

I am not saying that squad need a massive shake up but we are relying on injury prone key players not getting injured and a lot of young kids stepping up to the mark.

So 10 league games that he wasn't involved in then...

Including about 5 at the end where he smashed his knee in a collision, it's not like he was out every third game with a niggle. He was clearly unfit for a lot of games he did play though