Your neighbours down the road ...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much too early for any corks popping but the early signs are good ......

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/newsroom/edgeleypark

If ever we get back to playing you lads on level terms (us going up not you lot down here haha) then I will put a pint on the bar with some straws .... cant say fairer than that!

I promise to update you all :icon_peace: if its great news but you will never hear from me again if its not :surrender:

Best of luck.

:censored: um. Whilst it's being them, it's not us. They wouldn't give a :censored: if it was us.

Unsigned...

Suprised at you Mr S. Of course some would not care. But I think most would. Same as us.

I'd love them to be back on a par with us, and local rivalry resumed.

It's the ability to rise above all that petty tit for tat stuff that is a mark of a man IMHO.

Edited by singe

I said I would feedback fellas .... its a positive step and SMBC have finally come good and not a penny of tax payers money is at risk ... a new start for us and the petition played its part so thanks one and all, hopefully be back playing you guys at some point and I honestly wish OAFC all the very best for the coming season :icon_peace::OASISscarf:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/top-adviser-stockport-countys-board-9521899

The petition reashed 4& half thousand as well ... smashing!

I said I would feedback fellas .... its a positive step and SMBC have finally come good and not a penny of tax payers money is at risk ... a new start for us and the petition played its part so thanks one and all, hopefully be back playing you guys at some point and I honestly wish OAFC all the very best for the coming season :icon_peace::OASISscarf:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/top-adviser-stockport-countys-board-9521899

Apologies - I meant to upboat your post but fat fingers let me down and there is no way to undo on this board... Good luck for the future.

Thank you and good luck to county too getting back where you belong

Thanks everyone everything went to plan, we still pay rent but we pay it to the council now and it puts us on a much more secure footing. Our problem has been the lack of assets and the debt to Brian Kennedy mounting up and deterring potential investors.

I remember that night and had to go with my son in their end when there was loads of space in the side stand and our fans had no choice but to go in.That said I have respect for what their genuine fans are doing and wish them well for the future.

The least you deserve for how your club treated our fans on the Friday night in 2008...

Lee ... I can tell you are 'sore' about the events of that night, I was in the CE and it was half a dozen at most, some OAFC lads got a little lairy and some County reacted and there was a bit of a do :fighting: ... it wasn't and isn't reflective of what many County fans think of OAFC and vica versa. I once copped a sneaky haymaker walking up to Boundary Park many years back but it was par for the course in those days and had I been stood in the home end trapping off I would have expected more but it hasn't altered my view that Oldham fans are in the main cracking, passionate fans and I always feel that in the Nth West you are more akin to ourselves in being loyal to your home town club and not closet blues/reds like fans of others I could mention. Don't let one instance of dafteness sour your thoughts mate, there is more to unite clubs/fans like ours than divides to be honest :scarf001:

The least you deserve for how your club treated our fans on the Friday night in 2008...

yes our poor innocent cant do no wrong fans....

Lets hope Dale are next for not making last season all ticket eh? :censored: em :lol1:

Edited by palmer1

The lads that went in the Cheadle End that night went in for a ruck, it was nothing to do with poor organisation. Before anyone jumps down my throat I've spoken to a couple of them since so I'm not just making assumptions. I hope I get a chance to get over to Boundary Park more often this season, maybe when we're out of the FA Trophy in the qualifying rounds.

The lads that went in the Cheadle End that night went in for a ruck, it was nothing to do with poor organisation. Before anyone jumps down my throat I've spoken to a couple of them since so I'm not just making assumptions. I hope I get a chance to get over to Boundary Park more often this season, maybe when we're out of the FA Trophy in the qualifying rounds.

:censored: off.

There were at least twenty people I know (including myself) aged from 10 to 30 and we werent looking for a ruck and we didnt get one.

I did get a parking ticket tho, never paid it.

Prick.

Are you "the" China?

(I thought the Latics fans in the Cheadle End who wildly celebrated Liddell's goal rather set themselves up for trouble. I sat quietly at the back. Which was tough as County blew us away in the second half).