Jake Cassidy signs 2 year Deal

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy enough with this and I agree with Kelly about him offering something different. Forte, Poleon, Turner and Murphy are all strikers with pace or play on the shoulder of the last man. Philliskirk drops deep and is almost an attacking midfielder. I doubt Cassidy will get more than double figures this season but I think he could be a good physical foil for the rest of the strikers similar to Jabo. Worth the gamble and he has room to improve at his age.

5 goals in 74 games for striker. Hope are high, expectation is low.

That said, he had an injury lay off after his good season. Lets hope he is the type to drag others out of position, leaving gaps.

After poor returns at Notts Co and Southend, it's clear he needs more than a change of clubs.

Edited by singe

please happy with a striker that didn't score in 20 League 2 appearances in a promotion winning team,...........

Fair play to you....

It must be difficult being negative about everything to do with the club from top to bottom but you manage it.

Edited by palmer1

Not a chance we'll bring in any more forwards now. We have Poleon Murphy Turner Forte Philly and Cassidy who can lead the line, yes I know a couple can (and probably will) play other positions but that's plenty he won't use the budget on a 7th potential striker (not even counting Bove).

Atleast 2 centre halves to come in now, can see an Anthony Gerrard type and someone on loan from a prem side, probably a younger lad. Maybe even 3 centre halves to be honest.

Oh and a replacement for Kelly probably too...