Playing one up front at home

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didnt work today. A team that was there for the taking in the first half. They came back into it in the second and the manager doesnt change it to two up top to give us more options at the business end. We had three strikers on the bench today. He is either reluctant to change it or clueless. I will leave that for others to decide but I know what I think

Team there for the taking as where Colchester Tuesday, one question what happened to the philosophy of if they defend with 4, we attack with 5 ? Never heard so much bull in all my life, its boring defensive percentage football. No wonder the crowds less than 4000.

I thought first half, particularly first 30 minutes, the tactics worked really well. Couple of very close calls on offside and we must have been at 60-70% possession. Without Cassidy, and without a like-for-like replacement, we need to play keep ball and use the deck a lot more which is far from easy when you have 2 up top. Winchester should be starting, that's a given, but I couldn't grumble with the starting formation. At 1-0 he was about to bring on Winch for Croft and then had to make a reactive substitution and it was probably the time then to give a tiring Forte a partner. DP should have come off instead of Jones but the change was 10 minutes too late to have an impact. However, the timing of the goal didn't help DK's decisions.

Listening to two callers of GMR depressed me greatly. I hate how so many of our fans are waiting for Kelly to fail, and have been since he was appointed. Do I think he is the new messiah? No. However, surely as fans of this club we should be backing the manager this early in the season and especially given we are still unbeaten in the league. I really fear for DK on Monday night if the likes of those on GMR earlier ring up. It is a flawed assessment, especially someone wanting to leave after 30 minutes, when we were in fact controlling the game against what turned out to be very decent opposition.

As a final point, booing Connor Brown for passing the ball when in an advanced position to a more creative player (when 1-0 up mind) is a horrendous way to 'support' your club.

Hes unbeaten but the GMR phone in on monday is going to be a painful one for him based on those original comments...thats for sure

And the very reason this sort of bollocks shouldn't be done in th first instance - can you imaging Mourhino or Wenger inviting fans in to give their opinion or tipping up on a radio station to take calls/suggestions off Champ Manager Champions League winners??

Let the manager manage the team and as a fan either pay your money and go or don't - supporting a club does not give you a right to know every intricate little back stage detail nor how the manager intends to do his job

And the very reason this sort of bollocks shouldn't be done in th first instance - can you imaging Mourhino or Wenger inviting fans in to give their opinion or tipping up on a radio station to take calls/suggestions off Champ Manager Champions League winners??

Let the manager manage the team and as a fan either pay your money and go or don't - supporting a club does not give you a right to know every intricate little back stage detail nor how the manager intends to do his job

Hold on, the manager was the one making the promises not the fans!

What are you on?

He shouldn't be giving answers like 'censored for acentrism ' still waiting to see the system.

No one has asked him to give intricate little details.

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

He said exactly the same as every manager does on taking a job - my point is let him get on with it and live or die by results and all others do - these gimicky "meet the fans/armchair managers" events are tedious at best and are just used as sticks to beat them with when 10 aren't played up front

Backing down from nothing - Latics fans on here are always acting like they have a divine right to know the inner workings of the club from the foundations in the north stand to the colour of the cleaners socks... And my point was to stop bothering with little meet the fan gimmicks which only lead to the manager (Darren kelly or Lee Johnson) spouting a load of supporter friendly football cliches "attacking fast paced football" etc which, when they don't happen the following Saturday everyone is up in arms about. Concentrate on management - let results dictate your position.

And we've been :censored: since 1995 why is everyone so up in arms we haven't started like Real Madrid?? Difference is this year we haven't been great but we haven't lost yet (in the league)

And I still think taking the piss out his accent is a bit nobbish

Backing down from nothing - Latics fans on here are always acting like they have a divine right to know the inner workings of the club from the foundations in the north stand to the colour of the cleaners socks... And my point was to stop bothering with little meet the fan gimmicks which only lead to the manager (Darren kelly or Lee Johnson) spouting a load of supporter friendly football cliches "attacking fast paced football" etc which, when they don't happen the following Saturday everyone is up in arms about. Concentrate on management - let results dictate your position.

And we've been :censored: since 1995 why is everyone so up in arms we haven't started like Real Madrid?? Difference is this year we haven't been great but we haven't lost yet (in the league)

And I still think taking the piss out his accent is a bit nobbish

The fans didn't arrange this, BBC Radio Manchester have...