Oldham 1 Shrewsbury 1 FT

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with the start to date compared to seasons past. 4 games in, undefeated, 2 goals against and developing an ability to grind out a victory/draw when would previously have lost. Anyone who is gonna start attacking the manager and his tactics 4 games in needs to give himself a shake. We have started off well by making ourselves difficult to beat which is a great platform to build from. We can get out of this League this year but we as supporters have our part to play and it is not by being over critical after 4 feckin games as I tried to explain to the prick sat behind me today.

Pleased with the start to date compared to seasons past. 4 games in, undefeated, 2 goals against and developing an ability to grind out a victory/draw when would previously have lost. Anyone who is gonna start attacking the manager and his tactics 4 games in needs to give himself a shake. We have started off well by making ourselves difficult to beat which is a great platform to build from. We can get out of this League this year but we as supporters have our part to play and it is not by being over critical after 4 feckin games as I tried to explain to the prick sat behind me today.

This was no worse than the many :censored: performances under Johnson or Dickov.

The differences being that we didn't lose (like we would have done under them) and that we were actually half decent for some of the match.......

Edited by HarryBosch

You'd be the worst of the lot if he wasn't Irish, to be sure :lol:

not at all,Sc ain't going to spend jack :censored: money on a decent named manager,LJ was a no name manager to me but I didn't want the :censored: out before he even started his managerial career

not at all,Sc ain't going to spend jack :censored: money on a decent named manager,LJ was a no name manager to me but I didn't want the :censored: out before he even started his managerial career

I've said this for a while - surely it's better to pay a decent manager a proper wage to properly organise 11 :censored: League One footballers than keep spunking money on :censored:loads of :censored: League One footballers....

Look. Yes, it's not the best of performances. However, why call for DK's head already? Early days. He knows that we've not been at our best. Calling for him to be sacked is just pathetic. Those that are calling him out are probably the same people who wanted him out as soon as he was appointed and looked way too much into the IRA stuff. Give him abit more time. Unbeaten yet!

I've said this for a while - surely it's better to pay a decent manager a proper wage to properly organise 11 :censored: League One footballers than keep spunking money on :censored:loads of :censored: League One footballers....

Similar thinking convinces me that Mr Corney wouldn't try ans save a few grand on a manager to look after a million pounds budget

Corners...why do we mark space and not players? We lost every header from corners.

We are just too nice. We back off when the opposition have the ball. I was having a go at Brown all game because he was just awful. He couldn't control it, didn't look to attack AT ALL and his passing was all over the place. But then I thought, why isn't DK telling him and getting at him to attack the space.

Then, the Athleticos! Really appreciate what they are trying to do but it's not working. Most people are just leaving it to them to create the atmosphere. Every song sounds the same and half the time you can't tell what they're singing. That drum!

I thought Jones was class today and thought he should have got MOTM.

Edited by harry1203

Can't hear the Athletics at all. Can barley hear the drum in the main stand paddock nr the Chaddy.

The away fans have sounded loud last few weeks though from the same spot.

Not anyone's fault but the acoustic argument is all bollox

Seen a few quips about this since pre season this year. Well I sit now in the RRE exactly where I sat last year (and every other year since the Lookers was flattened). It turns out the Chaddy acoustic argument may be flawed. Because the few hundred Salop today sounded much louder than the Chaddy 'full' of Latics fans. Maybe it's not an acoustic issue at all, but more an issue with Latics Chaddy Enders not making any noise for several years.

Similar thinking convinces me that Mr Corney wouldn't try ans save a few grand on a manager to look after a million pounds budget

I'm less convinced.

I think he's gone for the cheapest option with a badge.

I'll add to that by saying after over a decade of trying he's come to the conclusion that it has an equal chance of success/failure than a maverick or has been on five tines the wage.

The amount of times I hear well done Connor is laughable. It's like petting a :censored:in idiot on the head and saying well done because he didn't :censored: his pants today.

God forbid anyone should try and encourage a young Latics player in a home match.

Kelly wanting to make Boundary Park a fortress? :censored:ing no chance.