Ways to improve attendences

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Students- Get rid of the ridiculous student card scheme, make it NUS, and advertise it properly in student areas and I think you'd likelŷ get a few. The tram goes from the likes of East Didsbury to relatively close to BP. OK we won't have the pulling power of the big two in the city, but we are cheaper than Bury, easier to get to compared with Dale, and not relegation fodder like Notlob.

Our links with a former Manchester Uni player would have been handy to utilise, but we were more concerned with not being potentially frauded with dodgy NUS cards than the big picture, then. In all likelihood we will now as well.

I would suggest doing a cheap offer but using one of our bigger games as opposed to the naff ones, but our record with cheap offers is appalling.

Here's a left-field suggestion too when you sell tickets for a stand, make sure it will be ready when you need it to be. Also don't try to hire a convicted rapist.

Students- Get rid of the ridiculous student card scheme, make it NUS, and advertise it properly in student areas and I think you'd likelŷ get a few. The tram goes from the likes of East Didsbury to relatively close to BP. OK we won't have the pulling power of the big two in the city, but we are cheaper than Bury, easier to get to compared with Dale, and not relegation fodder like Notlob.

Our links with a former Manchester Uni player would have been handy to utilise, but we were more concerned with not being potentially frauded with dodgy NUS cards than the big picture, then. In all likelihood we will now as well.

I would suggest doing a cheap offer but using one of our bigger games as opposed to the naff ones, but our record with cheap offers is appalling.

Here's a left-field suggestion too when you sell tickets for a stand, make sure it will be ready when you need it to be. Also don't try to hire a convicted rapist.

It takes about an hour and a half from Didsbury to the ground including the walk from Westwood (and that's when the metro across town is back up and running).

Last paragraph is spot on.

I'm glad other people have noticed this, because £13 is a robbery. There is not a single justifiable reason for that charge.

Not that is really affects people who are already attending; I've walked through the £10 concession turnstiles without question for the past 2 seasons.

Nevertheless I can't see it making a difference to attendances. Like I've already said though, a bouncing home atmosphere would certainly encourage student-aged people to get down to BP, and reasonably priced £10 student tickets wouldn't be much of a deterrent.

I don't think we can do anything anymore.

Year after year of selling our best players for low fees. Other clubs in the division sell higher, see dale as an example.

Corney ranting every year

Barry slagging off fans

Ched Evans

Lookers stand

Lee hughes

Darren kelly

The list over the past 10 years is endless. The club's attitude has rubbed off on the fans. It's not what can we do its what we shouldn't have be doing. It's all a bit late now

We had a good opportunity with the new stand this season. Kick off the season with a feel good factor and new stand to go with it but we have screwed that up too.

The only thing that will get fans coming back is promotion

Add to that saying you have consulted fans on moving out of the Chaddy, when it was clear to everyone that more people sat in the Chaddy than the RRE when they had a choice.

The new North Stand was a wonderful opportunity but it needed to be delivered on time. The move to RRE and the creation of the family section is also a wonderful opportunity. I can't see a reduction in ticket prices working.

Most importantly we need to feel that the club is striving to improve - our squad is good hence the six points but actions and words matter. After Johnson left the lack of ambition was obvious as survival from sixth place was all that mattered. Barry isn't my favourite director but his mistake was honesty - 'they' regard league 1 status as their ambition. I should get an £80 season ticket at Mossley which would be much better value for money or like many others a Sky subscription and stay at home.

Add to that saying you have consulted fans on moving out of the Chaddy, when it was clear to everyone that more people sat in the Chaddy than the RRE when they had a choice.

Had the fans made any attempt at making ample noise you'd have not been moved out. As it happened aside from the Athleticos you didnt and thus you've been carted.

Following this, away fans have gone in, congregated centrally and made ample noise (even Fleetwood)

Further to this, there was the fan survey on the website which some folk filled in and as a result you're out, let it go. :ass1: