Ways to improve attendences

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dale Stephens to Charlton was a snip. He was our best player at the time. Talk this week that brighton have turned down a couple of million

Baxter hasn't gone on to a higher level but again he was our best player that went for very little

Wasnt his level but Eardley went to the prem, another that was given away.

Baxter isn't relevant. Just because Stephens may be worth two million or so now does't mean we could have sold him for that 4 years ago.

Change of ownership and fresh belief. We've stagnated to the point where Corney can't reverse it. Hopefully this video, in which we're probably, quite rightly, going to prostitute ourselves, will attract some investment. Root and branch, truth be told, new stand or not.

Edited by longtimeblue

Change of ownership and fresh belief. We've stagnated to the point where Corney can't reverse it. Hopefully this video, in which we're probably, quite rightly, going to prostitute ourselves will attract some investment. Root and branch, truth be told, new stand or not.

It's tough to accept, but this is true.

The club has reached such a deep trough under Corney that deep-down everybody knows that it's going nowhere under him. 6th last season at the turn of the year and the crowds hardly broke 4000. New stand this season and the crowds won't improve by anything significant.

There's no belief that anything will change on the pitch without actual change at the top.

Edited by NewBlue

Baxter isn't relevant. Just because Stephens may be worth two million or so now does't mean we could have sold him for that 4 years ago.

Stephens had massive potential. The fee, somewhere rumoured to be 350k ish.

We sell cheap imo, you obviously don't agree. it gets bought up every time we sell our best players,

For me Korey Smith, Eardley, Tarky, Baxter all went to cheap.

To be fair to the club they have done well out of others in the past, Trotman, Eaves, Spencer. I still think we sell cheap though.

Anyway this is just one of a long list of reasons our crowds have halfed in the past 10 years.

Dale Stephens to Charlton was a snip. He was our best player at the time. Talk this week that brighton have turned down a couple of million

Baxter hasn't gone on to a higher level but again he was our best player that went for very little

Wasnt his level but Eardley went to the prem, another that was DRIVEN away.

FTFY

We seem to have been dragged off the subject matter here, if we had more bums on seats we would be able to compete financially with bigger spenders and inturn enjoy the rewards of that on all fronts.

So how do we improve our attendances? Theres alot to be said for the way bratfud do it, I personally think SC is :censored: feared of applying that kind of pricing and it failing but it has been done a death on here so lets look at another option, as things currently stand we will probably not see another full house until we get a fruitful cup tie with this in mind i cant see the harm in giving away free kids tickets to local schools we could say that u12s must be with an adult paying a £5, we could monitor how successful the scheme has been by counting how many "free tickets" have been used, it will boast the attendence, boast sales of food and drink and if 10% off these kids comeback and pay for a game then its 10% more than we would of had.

Edited by OAFCM35

It's tough to accept, but this is true.

The club has reached such a deep trough under Corney that deep-down everybody knows that it's going nowhere under him. 6th last season at the turn of the year and the crowds hardly broke 4000. New stand this season and the crowds won't improve by anything significant.

There's no belief that anything will change on the pitch without actual change at the top.

Yep agreed. New owners please. Corney et al have given up, and the stench of ennui and despair fills every corner of the club, new stand or not.

We do kids season tickets for a tenner already. This is a great offer. You would think loads of kids would come. It works out at less than 50p a game. They don't!

I don't know what the answer is apart from a winning team and promotion, I can't see that happening though

We do kids season tickets for a tenner already. This is a great offer. You would think loads of kids would come. It works out at less than 50p a game. They don't!

I don't know what the answer is apart from a winning team and promotion, I can't see that happening though

Aren't these under 12 tickets?

If so, you can't expect 11 year olds to attend matches by themselves.

£22 for an adult ticket outweighs that cheap ST offer.

Aren't these under 12 tickets?

If so, you can't expect 11 year olds to attend matches by themselves.

£22 for an adult ticket outweighs that cheap ST offer.

Yeah sorry I did know that. It's still a good offer but like you say it's the adults that don't want to come for whatever reason.

Personally I think we've failed where Bradford City have succeeded. It pains me to state it but they have far, far more chance of progressing to a higher division and flourishing than we have.

Bradford have a much better strategy when it comes to nurturing the fans of the future. The kids. They've been doing it for a decade now and it's starting to bear fruit.

Let's face it. We're not poles apart. We've spent most of living memory in the same divisions. We're also geographically similar in working class northern towns. Bradford have a huge percentage of child fans and ours is pitiful to say the least. It's an 'old' crowd. I compare it to my local cricket team who for years have had reasonable success but the band of players are getting on. We had to start several junior sides 5-6 years ago and only now we're starting to see it bear fruit. Without it you just stagnate, and then drop through the divisions.

At the Middlesborough match, I just wondered where the future fans were. I've a 2-year old kid who I'll be immersing in matches within 3-4 years. I really don't know where to start though, and I'm not convinced the facilities at Latics encourage it enough. We need to be marketing any ST deals for families like a mother:censored:er. An absolutely blinding price that people will just go for even if they only attend half the games. Something needs to happen on that count.

Personally I think we've failed where Bradford City have succeeded. It pains me to state it but they have far, far more chance of progressing to a higher division and flourishing than we have.

Bradford have a much better strategy when it comes to nurturing the fans of the future. The kids. They've been doing it for a decade now and it's starting to bear fruit.

Let's face it. We're not poles apart. We've spent most of living memory in the same divisions. We're also geographically similar in working class northern towns. Bradford have a huge percentage of child fans and ours is pitiful to say the least. It's an 'old' crowd. I compare it to my local cricket team who for years have had reasonable success but the band of players are getting on. We had to start several junior sides 5-6 years ago and only now we're starting to see it bear fruit. Without it you just stagnate, and then drop through the divisions.

At the Middlesborough match, I just wondered where the future fans were. I've a 2-year old kid who I'll be immersing in matches within 3-4 years. I really don't know where to start though, and I'm not convinced the facilities at Latics encourage it enough. We need to be marketing any ST deals for families like a mother:censored:er. An absolutely blinding price that people will just go for even if they only attend half the games. Something needs to happen on that count.

Who's the local cricket club Mr Shanky? I have a junior relative who is keen and shows promise, cricket is in his genes.

Edited by BP1960

There are several ways to get kids interested in the club, but I'm convinced one of the biggest is a good home atmosphere.

When you're young, there is absolutely nothing more exciting than being amongst a rocking atmosphere. Look at last season on the few occasions it was half decent, the kids in the Chaddy bouncing and singing behind the goals. And that's not just young kids, it's teenagers as well wanting to get involved.

Go to a local away game with Latics and the away end is always significantly younger than home games - it's because that volume and atmosphere is only experienced at these away fixtures.

I believe the Athleticos are trying hard to improve the atmosphere, but it has to be a more inclusive effort by more fans to really make a difference to how flat BP is on an average Saturday fixture.

Bradford's home atmosphere last season was probably the best I've seen by any club in this league. It's no surprise young fans are engaged.

I haven't seen any figures but I'd be amazed if our crowds don't currently include the highest percentage of kids/families in the clubs history.....

Edited by HarryBosch

League One Bradford City?

League one Bradford City with crowds that are FIVE times the size of ours that contain a huge amount of junior ST holders. In the context of this thread I'd say they're massively successful, aren't they?

I don't think the percentage of kids going to Latics is particularly high at all. It's an assumption of course, and based on my observations whenever I've gone. I'll happily be proven otherwise on this but I think there's so much more we could be doing marketing-wise to pull in the disallusioned youngsters who can't get to see their Premiership club of choice.

No worries. Let me know if you want further details like a contact there who would be able to give you further info about practice and suchlike.

Thanks Mr S, probably next season as he's just 6yo, he cant half hit a ball, gets me tired of retrieving it from about 50 yards.