Ways to improve attendences

So on another post a lot is being made of our declining attendences. Not just this year but over the last decade it has pretty much halved.

So how can we change this? Not just geting the old fans back but also new fans going to games.

I dont think a deal where a season ticket takes a friend for a fiver/tenner works because all us none season ticket holders just go with a mate who has a season ticket. And that only sees a spike increase.

Am talking something that will see a genuine increase in people coming to games at bp. Yes the new stand opening or as not as is the case will affect it slightly. But i think as a club one way could be more advertising on trams going into manchester and adverts in the city centre. Thousands of tourists go there and we could advertise as a alternative to these tourists going to either a united or city game, after all we are only a tram ride away. Just one idea. Its certainly not easy for the club i get that. But i very rarely see us advertise anywhere other than the chron or the advertiser. Why not advertise up coming games on billboards around the town and leading into manchester. Am sure between us we could come up with a few ideas that we could put to the club.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win games

Win promotion

It's simple. Every promoted team sees an increase in attendance. I know this thread is done with good intentions but getting out of this league is the only way.

Cue post after post about tkt deals and Bradford...

Build a new stand and have it useable on match days

Stock sufficient refreshments for those that go

Pour a few beers ahead of the half time rush

Play at home like you're actually playing at home

I don't think we can do anything anymore.

Year after year of selling our best players for low fees. Other clubs in the division sell higher, see dale as an example.

Corney ranting every year

Barry slagging off fans

Ched Evans

Lookers stand

Lee hughes

Darren kelly

The list over the past 10 years is endless. The club's attitude has rubbed off on the fans. It's not what can we do its what we shouldn't have be doing. It's all a bit late now

We had a good opportunity with the new stand this season. Kick off the season with a feel good factor and new stand to go with it but we have screwed that up too.

The only thing that will get fans coming back is promotion

I can safely say that no-one has ever said "I would have gone to Latics but I didn't know what time they kicked off"

But isn't the the idea of posters to catch the attention of those who might not be regulars, thus shouldn't they provide the full match information on them?

That's because they have sold better players

Maybe right, it's not just dale though. We always undersell.

Tarky for example is being muted at 5 million after just over a season at Brentford. We sold for 300 odd a grand. We developed him and should have got more than that with or without a sell on

But isn't the the idea of posters to catch the attention of those who might not be regulars, thus shouldn't they provide the full match information on them?

I agree. Tongue removed from cheek.

We have another striker banging them in a Stortford this season - Elliot Buchanan with 6 in 5 including a superb hat-trick. Been around the same level for a while but who knows, maybe another late developer

Maybe right, it's not just dale though. We always undersell.

Tarky for example is being muted at 5 million after just over a season at Brentford. We sold for 300 odd a grand. We developed him and should have got more than that with or without a sell on

I'll agree with you on Tarky if that is what he was sold for but name me another against Eaves, Philliskirk, Trotman etc. I can't think of a single ex-Latic that we actuallt sold as opposed to reached the end of a contract/offloaded as we thought he wasn't good enough who has made a good career at a higher level for quite some time

I'll agree with you on Tarky if that is what he was sold for but name me another against Eaves, Philliskirk, Trotman etc. I can't think of a single ex-Latic that we actuallt sold as opposed to reached the end of a contract/offloaded as we thought he wasn't good enough who has made a good career at a higher level for quite some time

Dale Stephens to Charlton was a snip. He was our best player at the time. Talk this week that brighton have turned down a couple of million

Baxter hasn't gone on to a higher level but again he was our best player that went for very little

Wasnt his level but Eardley went to the prem, another that was given away.

Edited by NIKI1234