Paul Scholes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it as attacking as two upfront? What about three upfront?

If you don't get the ball to them or run off them and support them 2 up front will be just as effective as the one. The bigger picture needs to be looked at rather than just putting another body up top.

If you don't get the ball to them or run off them and support them 2 up front will be just as effective as the one. The bigger picture needs to be looked at rather than just putting another body up top.

Exactly. It's worrying how many of our fans want 4-4-2. Probably the same ones who shout forwards.

Edited by welshgaz

I'd say it's more attacking than 2 up front certainly if played correctly.

The problem isnt one up front. The problem is 2 defensive midfielders. In certain home games, I would be happy if we had noone in DMC. Formation hes playing relies on wingers to get in and around the striker, but unfortunately only Dunn seems to get close to Forte with Jones and Yeates playing extremely wide. Baffling tactics now I am thinking about it!

• 1 month later...

If we're still in the :censored: by January I'd love Scholes to come in as player assistant manager to save us. He's just scored a ridiculous 35 yarder in an exhibition game in Hong Kong. To still have that power and precision 18 months after retiring is quite something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnejGbkuCY

:dedhrse: