Paul Scholes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old question of whether he would be able to transfer his ability to lesser footballers is unknown. I'm doubtful of him as a manager.

Kelly deserves more time in any case. Hopefully fear of the boot pushes him into the expansive and attacking football he supposedly philosophises...

Knives have always been out. From the perception of the masses (mob?) he is a dour, no name, hands in pockets terrorist supporter who plays wingers as strikers, strikers as defensive midfielders, defensive midfielders as wingers, leaves the player of the year on the bench and has no plan B.

Personally, I will give him time (altho whilst typing that I started to wonder at my sanity) because I think the squad is decent and they need the fans behind them.

I would, however, like to hear why he 'deserves' this time I am willing to give him.

Edited by Monty Burns

Knives have always been out. From the perception of the masses (mob?) he is a dour, no name, hands in pockets terrorist supporter who plays wingers as strikers, strikers as defensive midfielders, defensive midfielders as wingers, leaves the player of the year on the bench and has no plan B.

A small few refuse to give him a chance based on the first couple of points and i have little time for those. The majority are bading their judgment on the factss you listed afterwards..

Squeezing players into wrong positions to fit your Plan A system shows a complete lack of basic tactical nous. Change the formation to suit the available squad.

Rolling out injuries being an issue when only cassidy was injured also showed he was in trouble.

He may be a good motivator as we've been told but I din't see it during the 90 mins i watch him 'work'. He possibly has the makings of a coach but a manager he is not (at least not yet!).

All i can think if we have to keep him is to ditch holden and look at bringing in a number 2 with as much experience as we can possibly find or provide some sort of mentor....

A small few refuse to give him a chance based on the first couple of points and i have little time for those. The majority are bading their judgment on the factss you listed afterwards..

Squeezing players into wrong positions to fit your Plan A system shows a complete lack of basic tactical nous. Change the formation to suit the available squad.

Rolling out injuries being an issue when only cassidy was injured also showed he was in trouble.

He may be a good motivator as we've been told but I din't see it during the 90 mins i watch him 'work'. He possibly has the makings of a coach but a manager he is not (at least not yet!).

All i can think if we have to keep him is to ditch holden and look at bringing in a number 2 with as much experience as we can possibly find or provide some sort of mentor....

He had that in Jim Harvey, I don't know it was the case, but maybe Jim was too old fashioned to fit in with the trend of chessboard tactics, square pegs in round holes and 100 page dossiers.

Edited by BP1960

Personally think he just doesn't know what he is doing he looks so out of his depth hence why we've been so poor and yesterday showed that playing defensively at home all these players out of position he's not a manager personally I think he'd be a great coach but manager no

Personally, I will give him time (altho whilst typing that I started to wonder at my sanity) because I think the squad is decent and they need the fans behind them.

I would, however, like to hear why he 'deserves' this time I am willing to give him.

I may be wrong but wasn't it you who said you wouldn't go because you didn't want to contribute to his wages?

He had that in Jim Harvey, I don't know it was the case, but maybe Jim was too old fashioned to fit in with the trend of chessboard tactics, square pegs in round holes and 100 page dossiers.

Playing the Long ball and doing drills in training based on that isn't what we're after from an experienced number 2 though!

There we go, so we do (sound of flutes in the background).

6 games in.

When he's been given a chance to learn from his mistakes and hasn't then he can go.

As much as we don't like it, he's been given the job as a rookie and he deserves a bit of time.

3 home games all the same and his insistence on playing one up front is enough for me.

3 home games all the same and his insistence on playing one up front is enough for me.

There is 23 home games a season.

Much longer and I'll believe he is a waster of the talent in the team, but for 3 games I can understand him persisting with what he wanted initially.

Given we've been outplayed and insipid in all three against very average opposition, a couple more in the same fashion and I will be wondering whether he is the man for the team.

When the board and chairman and now growing number of fans don't like kelly it's pretty inevitable. David dunn will be in charge before September is out.

That will be the next disastrous decision, can we just have a football manager please, no problems with Dunn coming in as coach but we need someone established to manage the team.