Paul Scholes

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone earlier hit the nail on the head. This is the best squad we have had in years, why waste it with an inept manager?

I don't mean to overestimate the current squad, but that's the main thing for me.

Jones, Winchester, Dunn, Forte, Turner, Croft and Yeates, there's genuine attacking talent there. If we carry on with these negative tactics, holding players back, you'll always wonder what could have been this season.

Oldham fans need to understand the concept that one up front isn't defensive with the right lone striker and runners off him. Its actually attacking.

We don't see the runners though, the striker is isolated, what do you put that down to?

Edited by BP1960

Cant believe people still hold a grudge over kelly due to one twitter post.

Some of our fans need to realise, we can't attract top lower league manager's who've been a success wherever they have been. I'd rather a rookie over someone who has been there, and failed countless times before. Got to atleast give him 10 games.

Cant believe people still hold a grudge over kelly due to one twitter post.

Some of our fans need to realise, we can't attract top lower league manager's who've been a success wherever they have been. I'd rather a rookie over someone who has been there, and failed countless times before. Got to atleast give him 10 games.

You can attract who you want with the right level of investment.

We don't see the runners though, the striker is isolated, what do you put that down to?

The players playing out of position behind the striker are the problem the mix of the midfield is wrong. Forte should go back to the left where he can make a run into that inside channel. Jones in the centre in the hole where he can make runs beyond the striker and Dunn should play a little deeper where he can be a deep lying playmaker and save his legs aka the Sheridan role. Plus encourage the full backs to get into "the bomb zone" more often, so they can put put balls into the "corridor of confusion"

We've got the players to play the formation we need to use them better.

Some of our fans need to realise, we can't attract top lower league manager's who've been a success wherever they have been.

Success everywhere they've been? I don't believe such a manager exists. However a lot of decent lower league managers would take the job. In Spain and Germany they are nowhere near as picky and judgemental of every blemish on a manager's record. Often their history is totally irrelevant.

If that is an excuse for bringing in rookie after rookie you're going to have to come up with better, Mr Corney.

Look at Gillingham. Justin Edinburgh had had a fairly average managerial career in non-league, then oversaw Newport from the pits of the Conference to near the top of League 2. Gillingham went after him and now they're flying.

There are so many routes to go down that don't include a manager with no experience but a pretty PowerPoint.

He had that in Jim Harvey, I don't know it was the case, but maybe Jim was too old fashioned to fit in with the trend of chessboard tactics, square pegs in round holes and 100 page dossiers.

Harvey's forgotten more about football than this guy i'll ever know in his life time, so no point bringing some one else in because this fella doesn't want advice

He'll do it his way or it's the highway, trouble is he'll be down it soon himself

Success everywhere they've been? I don't believe such a manager exists. However a lot of decent lower league managers would take the job. In Spain and Germany they are nowhere near as picky and judgemental of every blemish on a manager's record. Often their history is totally irrelevant.

If that is an excuse for bringing in rookie after rookie you're going to have to come up with better, Mr Corney.

Look at Gillingham. Justin Edinburgh had had a fairly average managerial career in non-league, then oversaw Newport from the pits of the Conference to near the top of League 2. Gillingham went after him and now they're flying.

There are so many routes to go down that don't include a manager with no experience but a pretty PowerPoint.

Gillingham bought Justin Edinburgh from Newport, there is no way Corney is spending money on a manger when he can get one for free, or even better. Edited by rudemedic

Spain have played without a striker Barcelona have bloody Chelsea play the same formation we do it isn't the formation it's the players. We must play to our strengths and this formation with the midfielders where they are is not that so if anything it's worse than being defensive it's plain stupidity and the manager being naive!

Yes it was. Ive been every game but Im not paying whilst he is in charge and I cancelled my ST.

I have no intentions of taking sides at all but I find a comment that someone has seen all the games but not paying and cancelled a season ticket interesting. what is your secret please?

Paid for all the away games. Used my mates ST for fleetwood cos he was working, got paid in whoever was after that cos 8city2 won :censored:loads on the rambler and got in yesterday on my mates ST cos he went away early this morning and cudnt hack the temptation.

Dont understand how I am being malicious. I really am backing somebody I am supposed to hate.

He never 'promised' attacking Football.

Dont understand how I am being malicious. I really am backing somebody I am supposed to hate.

I said that the lies you tell are malicious, and I believe they are. If you have family history that means you hate Martin McGuinness and can't put his role in the IRA into the past, I understand that. To constantly brand Kelly a terrorist sympathiser because he liked a picture of his mum with a celebrity on a peaceful commemoration is :censored:ing crazy. Frankly it makes me think that the list of people you, "should hate," is extremely extensive and includes most of my family.

Not sure. It worked really well at bury and didn't seem to work yesterday but we will never know properly.

I'd play Winchester where Dunn played yesterday and at home drop Dunn deeper. I reckon he can dictate play from back there. We had no one picking it up off the defence yesterday hence route one and forte's frustration.

I believe it was due to Bradford pressing high and squeezing our midfield, hence many misplaced passes.

In addition, we had Jones, whose first thought isn't to be bombing on, on one wing, and then Dunn, whose legs prevent him from getting beyond defenders, as his one-on-one opportunity showed when he was easily caught up, playing behind the striker. Only Yeates, who is a natural wide man, was attacking, and his stock play - crossing - is wasted on Forte, who's never going to get on the end of headers competing with centre halves.

I only remember Philly getting near their box once, ending in a tame shot, and Dieng is very defensively minded.

It was a very poor selection from the manager, and Parkinson defeated him tactically.

Edited by NewBlue

Not sure. It worked really well at bury and didn't seem to work yesterday but we will never know properly.

I'd play Winchester where Dunn played yesterday and at home drop Dunn deeper. I reckon he can dictate play from back there. We had no one picking it up off the defence yesterday hence route one and forte's frustration.

Really like this. When Liam Kelly is back, having him winning the ball and Dunn picking it up and running the attacks could work great.

I said that the lies you tell are malicious, and I believe they are. If you have family history that means you hate Martin McGuinness and can't put his role in the IRA into the past, I understand that. To constantly brand Kelly a terrorist sympathiser because he liked a picture of his mum with a celebrity on a peaceful commemoration is :censored:ing crazy. Frankly it makes me think that the list of people you, "should hate," is extremely extensive and includes most of my family.

But that is how he appears, not my fault you dont like it. Maybe its just me with my clouded perception, I can accept that. I will try and stop saying it, I will slow down and see if it is just me who thinks in such a way.

We have come a long way recently, I now have friends I would not have had ten years ago because of where they were born and the songs they like to sing.

But they never killed anybody.