Lee Johnson's much vaunted PowerPoint - here it is

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Life doesn't seem to be roses and wine over at Oakwell according to at least one Barnsley fan

"Six Games In

And I have had the misfortune to witness five. I have never been so bored watching Barnsley FC. We've been served some reight :censored:e over the last fifteen years but this year takes Barry's biscuit tin. The football is a reflection on the state of the modern game where players with very little talent can make a decent living while clubs, the media and supporters alike try to convince the nay sayers that these are good players but the game has "moved on". Take Rothwell for example. I was at Rochdale and not since David Fox have I seen such a pointless footballer. How he became a professional is a mystery to me. What makes anyone in football say "what we need is a central midfielder who can't tackle, doesn't have any pace, can't thread a through ball and never scores". It's almost anti-football.

The type of pondering, insipid football we are witnessing at the moment is clearly Johnson's philosophy. Based on the first six harms it's not taking us anywhere.

I was actually dismayed when I checked the fixtures again on Satdi and found that we are at home again. Could easily be a sub 8,000 gate for hat one."

It's easy to scoff. And I see no shortage of scoffers.

I see nothing egregiously wrong with the document. It looks reasonable to be. Also remember that this was only part of his presentation.

Whether LJ has the skill and personality to be able to communicate these ideas to the players and man manage them effectively is the only thing that is worthy of discussion in my eyes.

Life doesn't seem to be roses and wine over at Oakwell according to at least one Barnsley fan

"Six Games In

And I have had the misfortune to witness five. I have never been so bored watching Barnsley FC. We've been served some reight :censored:e over the last fifteen years but this year takes Barry's biscuit tin. The football is a reflection on the state of the modern game where players with very little talent can make a decent living while clubs, the media and supporters alike try to convince the nay sayers that these are good players but the game has "moved on". Take Rothwell for example. I was at Rochdale and not since David Fox have I seen such a pointless footballer. How he became a professional is a mystery to me. What makes anyone in football say "what we need is a central midfielder who can't tackle, doesn't have any pace, can't thread a through ball and never scores". It's almost anti-football.

The type of pondering, insipid football we are witnessing at the moment is clearly Johnson's philosophy. Based on the first six harms it's not taking us anywhere.

I was actually dismayed when I checked the fixtures again on Satdi and found that we are at home again. Could easily be a sub 8,000 gate for hat one."

I did this too on Sunday :lol:

It's easy to scoff. And I see no shortage of scoffers.

I see nothing egregiously wrong with the document. It looks reasonable to be. Also remember that this was only part of his presentation.

Whether LJ has the skill and personality to be able to communicate these ideas to the players and man manage them effectively is the only thing that is worthy of discussion in my eyes.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

The problem with this stuff is that so many seem to be taking it up. It must be what our lead FA coaches want.

We have many teams drilled with the same ideas so that you get a boring stalemate until somebody makes a mistake, Coleman and Turner on Saturday, or somebody rises above the rest and dose something in the individual brilliance zone as Yeates did for our goal. Your Parkinson can shout and move about all he wants and Darren can remain statuesque because the players are out there nullifying each other and dancing the old sideways and backwards or bomb alley if you are Connor.

It is what England did until the greater work rate and organisation of the Swiss pushed us into making changes second half giving King Harry the opportunity to score from that old individual brilliance zone.

Is the green area between the corridor of confusion and the pin zone the dive here zone a la Sterling but it isn't PC to have it in your presentation?

You will need to explain pomo to me Singe.

Position Of Maximum Opportunity I think BP

Wasn't it coined by the guy who was head of Fa coaching in the 80s ? Les somebody but I may be wrong on that

That was what was in the dodgy dossier, so I will bow to Pete's knowledge.

Was it Les Reed?