Protest Ndxt Game

As if Corney would leave because of a few kids and a handful of adults shouting 'we want Owen out' at the next game...

Who said that mate? The constant moaning about lack of funds not being spent that don't even exist pisses me off so can only imagine what he thinks. Saturday won't make a difference but many think Simon (new stand apart) has run this league one club pretty well. Despite the conspiracy theories we pay the bills and he backs his managers every year.

There are many who have been preaching doom about eveil Mr Corney for many years. These :censored: are still waiting in the wings to say told you so whether it be 5, 10 15 or 20 years before he leaves.

Is boredom a good enough reason to risk the future of the club?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if Corney would leave because of a few kids and a handful of adults shouting 'we want Owen out' at the next game...

Who said that mate? The constant moaning about lack of funds not being spent that don't even exist pisses me off so can only imagine what he thinks. Saturday won't make a difference but many think Simon (new stand apart) has run this league one club pretty well. Despite the conspiracy theories we pay the bills and he backs his managers every year.

There are many who have been preaching doom about eveil Mr Corney for many years. These :censored: are still waiting in the wings to say told you so whether it be 5, 10 15 or 20 years before he leaves.

I have to say that despite my moaning at everything, i tend to agree. Taking the picture as a whole, i think he's done all right by us. We all make mistakes, and he has made his fair share. but we're still here, still going, still edging forward (slightly - maybe sideways).

Do we still have any phone boxes anywhere? Hold the protest in it. At least you can keep dry.

A new owner is needed. He wants to leave, most fans accept it is time for him to leave, we now wait for a new buyer. I'm not sure what is confusing about that.

Financially the club appears relatively secure, everything else has been a write-off.

Nothing confuses me except he hasn't said he wants to leave!

He says he will sell to the right person. Something said from the beginning. We have waiting for this buyer for a long time.

How is it you take a 50% truth and twist it to fit your argument and present it as something everyone knows?

We don't know because he has never said "I've had enough I want out"

we have lost 3000 fans since corney took over. attendences have halfed. now in any other business if someone came in and lost half the customers heads would roll at the very top, would you agree?

So your beef is against Corney yeah? I thought it was Barry. He has had no input for the majority of that time and was in another position from which he has left.

A new owner is needed. He wants to leave, most fans accept it is time for him to leave, we now wait for a new buyer. I'm not sure what is confusing about that.

Financially the club appears relatively secure, everything else has been a write-off.

We'ew ovr £6m in debt to the owners friend and former business partner. If Corney were to leave, how long do you think it would be before it would be called in?

We are financially more stable with Simon Corney at the helm, until someone buys him out. Then the situation could be a lot worse, better or about the same.

I understand the frustration. The club have done many things recently that have been at best confusing and at worst completely alienating. A badly thought out protest is absolutely the wrong course of action right now. A protest carried out in the right way, carrying the right message and with the objective of achieving the right aim is perhaps what needs to be considered. Think back to the passion generated by the BP development fiasco in 2007. It's probably the last time I can remember the club being 'as one' TBH.

At least run on the pitch on Saturday and throw your ST at the board members sat in the main stand first. Do you youngsters not know anything about protest protocol these days? Pfft.

Surely the protocol is that you throw the season ticket at the Board on the last home game of the season....

So your beef is against Corney yeah? I thought it was Barry. He has had no input for the majority of that time and was in another position from which he has left.

Like i have said my issue with corney is the way the club is being run in his absence, so yes i guess you could say i have a issue with him.

Do i want him out? No.

Do i want him to run or get someone in his absence to run the clib better? Absolutly.

Look there are a lot of fans pissed off with the way the club is run many have voted with there feet.

You can say we have manchester united and manchester city on our doorstep bit that dosnt wash are these clubs new clubs? no they are not they have been aroind for years. They have "taken" very few fans from us, although a dont dispute they get lots of fans from oldham but they have never probs supported oldham

He says he will sell to the right person. Something said from the beginning. We have waiting for this buyer for a long time.

How is it you take a 50% truth and twist it to fit your argument and present it as something everyone knows?

Yes he has.

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2015-01-08/report-simon-corney-has-quit-as-chairman-of-oldham-athletic/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/455881/Manchester-United-Ferguson-teams-Liverpool-Rodgers-sell-Oldham

Like i have said my issue with corney is the way the club is being run in his absence, so yes i guess you could say i have a issue with him.

Do i want him out? No.

Do i want him to run or get someone in his absence to run the clib better? Absolutly.

Look there are a lot of fans pissed off with the way the club is run many have voted with there feet.

You can say we have manchester united and manchester city on our doorstep bit that dosnt wash are these clubs new clubs? no they are not they have been aroind for years. They have "taken" very few fans from us, although a dont dispute they get lots of fans from oldham but they have never probs supported oldham

How is the club run and by whom Westy?

Name me the clubs that have been in league's one or two since TTA took over that have gone on to achieve better.......and I'll show you clubs that have had the finances to do it.

Who makes the decisions when Corney is in New York? the same guy's that make the decisions when Corney's in town. Simple.

Neither link you supplied has quotes from Corney about leaving. One is about the Chron claiming he quit amid reports of Death threats over Ched Evans

The Daily Star article doesn't even mention Corney never mind having any quotes from him saying he wants to sell.It even has a picture of bacon face instead.

We all know he will sell to the right bidder however it seems you have once again taken a snippet of truth and built the rest yourself.

Thanks for proving my point.

Edited by palmer1

Do i want him out? No.

I've not argued that. That is not my reasoning at all. The reasons are far more complex, and intertwined.

Neither article has anyway quotes from Corney about leaving. One about the Chron amid reports of Death threats over Ched Evans

The Daily Star article doesn't even mention Corney never mind having any quotes from him saying he wants to sell.It even has a PIC of bacon face

We all know he will sell to the right bidder however it seems you have once again taken a snippet of truth and built the rest yourself.

Thanks for proving my point.

"I've had enough and it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "Where does it all end, in 15 or 20 years' time?

"I've been here for 12 years and I just don't have the same interest any more. I love the club and love the game but enough is enough.

"I would like to find a buyer. Hopefully it will be a lot more sellable with a new stand there. And I would want it to go to the right person."

from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oldham-athletic/11343083/Ched-Evans-furore-leaves-Oldham-chairman-looking-to-sell-club.html

Or would you like it in writing...?

Do i want him out? No.

The problem lies in the fact united and city are constantly on tv. Kids these days can watch every united or city game from comfort of their own home. So saying that its not a new club doesnt take that fact away, if you had the choice between going freezing your arse of watching us get spanked 5-1 by Peterborough or stay at home and watch united for free then you'll probably choose united (Bearing in mind you had no connection to oldham other than its your hometown). Plus add in other things like easy access to merchandise and video games etc, its a much bigger problem than it once was.

I suspect if he does sell he will still remain on the board, its in his blood now, he's a fan like the rest of us.

"I've had enough and it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "Where does it all end, in 15 or 20 years' time?

"I've been here for 12 years and I just don't have the same interest any more. I love the club and love the game but enough is enough.

"I would like to find a buyer. Hopefully it will be a lot more sellable with a new stand there. And I would want it to go to the right person."

from: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oldham-athletic/11343083/Ched-Evans-furore-leaves-Oldham-chairman-looking-to-sell-club.html

Or would you like it in writing...?

"I would like to sell to the right person" right at the bottom of the article. WE KNOW THAT IVE SAID IT MY LAST 5 POSTS.